Author Topic: New TunaTown maps for BRD by BGallemore  (Read 1312 times)

Offline gallemore

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: BGallemore
  • IRC nick: Gallemore
New TunaTown maps for BRD by BGallemore
« on: May 10, 2011, 06:57:20 am »
First off is the BRD Farm map a beautiful open Cav and Infantry map:

(click to show/hide)

If you look on the right side on the mountain... A BRD banner is in view.
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Next is my Battle at Sea map. A small melee map spanning four ships one of which has nearly sank

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Last is what I like to call the Arena Maze. A large maze with an arena off away from both spawns... There are some secrets in this map, but you gotta find them first

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Last thing I wanted to say is that I am willing to make maps for anyone, but they will be TunaTown exclusive maps. BRD is my clan, and if you want to play these maps or any of my future ones you gotta come to the server.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 07:22:39 am by gallemore »

Offline Rannepear

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • 我叫阿杰
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rannepear
Re: New TunaTown maps for BRD by BGallemore
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 07:29:48 am »
They look decent, but I really don't like even the idea of a maze map....Especially not for cRPG.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline gallemore

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 08:47:28 am »
We took the Arena Maze map off for now, but any ideas for TunaTown custom maps are encouraged.

Offline Ronan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Ronan PxC
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 11:01:57 am »
Ive been on tuna town server only once so far. When I was on ranged weapons were disabled... Is that how it always is? If not I have one map that u may like. It was going to be for acres server but i think that one is down now.

Offline Misan

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Misan_Ulpius_Phallus Karawampa Kaladorn
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 11:55:39 am »
The first one I didn't really feel for either way but it was night so that probably made me enjoy it less. Furthermore, the scenery is pretty, but it seems so out of the way and irrelevant. You should throw more stuff into the middle of the map. That farmhouse for example would add a lot more character to the map if it was something you could fight over/around. Just something other than a big field with pretty things off in the distance.
The second map I thought was really neat, but you should add some sort of floor or something so that people die quicker and don't end up bugging out in some sort of weird singularity/edge of the universe thing or whatever.
The last map just sounds like an awful idea for CRPG, at least with its current size. I guess it would be a fun novelty map to throw into rotation once a week or something though.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 11:59:06 am by Misan »
Troll complete. It is offensive to me and I would like you to change it.
If it is not changed I will do everything in my power to see you banned from both the game and forums.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 12:03:34 pm »
Sea battle map looks nice, but what if the players fall of  the ships?
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 05:14:48 pm »
Sea battle map looks nice, but what if the players fall of  the ships?

They die.  No really, there's no force fields or anything in that map so I find the idea of being able to fall off into death due to bad footwork or bad parkour an interesting concept.  Didn't really care too much the other two, but last I heard the maze map was going to be made smaller so I think it's still a viable idea. 

As people have stated in-game, I didn't really know the theme or the point of the farm map other than running into each other and occasionally into bumpy hills.  My natural inclination to explore just wasn't activating in that map, there didn't seem to be much of a point going here or there when running into each other in the open field where each team spawned provided the same gameplay.  I would like to use Tydeus's village river map as an example to draw inspiration from should you need it.  In the center of the town you had a place for archers to arch, to the left of it you had an open field for cavalry to cav, and the north of it where the other team crossed the bridge provided a focused part for all types of people to do battle in.  Not to mention the fun underwater fighting.

Basically what I'm saying is put some more thought into what you want people to do in certain areas of the map, otherwise it's just a generic field map.

All in all though, not a bad foray into map making considering you only just recently discovered the map editor and only spent a few hours in it.  If you're still taking suggestions, I did like the dangerous footwork concept in your ship map very much and would like to see more bridge-intensive battles where backpedallers better learn to parry lest they like falling off things.  Was a breath of fresh air gameplay-wise.
-idlewind

Offline gallemore

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 07:00:37 pm »
Ok well I finished a few more maps, but the one I will start on right now will be mountains and bridges. We will see where I can go from there.

Offline Zergmar

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Terrible at everything.
    • View Profile
    • indie game dev, RIP
  • Faction: Hobo
  • Game nicks: SirScumbag
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 11:45:46 pm »