Author Topic: Remove flamming katana  (Read 8640 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Remove flamming katana
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2013, 10:49:13 am »
+22
This community got so serious and sour. The entire server used to have a laugh when weird shit happened, buggy stuff or messed up stuff. To me that is what cRPG is, a mod with fun things, not too serious. Ladderpulting, siege towers on the battle server, flying carpets, pumpkin hats, trolls and lances of compensation. My favourite day to play this game is patch day, because something always fucks up and the entire server is having a laugh.

Guess it is the multiplier which made winning much too important, so that whenever people lose because of a lulzy reason, they get mad instead of smile about it. People care too much about their gold/xp to enjoy fun things. Like Conquest, the game mode played pretty well at times and yet the server always emptied because it was bad for xp. It's a damn shame. I was left in a 1 vs 1 against a guy with a flaming katana, he glanced on me, I died a bit later. I had a laugh.

Lighten up people, a few thousand less xp is not going to make your life any worse. In any case, if you would have the flaming katana reduce people's xp even when sheated the problem is solved. Wouldn't matter for Thomek because he gets headshot in the first minute anyway.

Offline Jarl_Hangus

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2013, 11:05:56 am »
+3
Just get OS by a guy for 2 or 3 hours and you will laugh so hard, the people was so happy with this, at 23h 10 vs 10 on eu1. Are you serious ?

Yes it was funny the first map, the second less, the third ...., after  ok just stop this madness, and finally i just go on duel server, cause no point to play with this.

Flying carpet was just awesome.

And i don t care about money or xp, it s not the point, i was with friend who are new in this game, and what i tell him, no problem it s for fun admin think you are new you get kill in all case. just take 1hit the guys will run and watch you die, don t u love this ?

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2013, 11:10:35 am »
+5
No doubt it was fun at the beginning when nobody knew what was going on. But if you play for hours and somebody (uhhh who might it be...?) keeps onehitting people only to run away and cash in a kill for bullshit... it is simply not funny but frustrating. It is frustrating because you cannot do anything but try to block every single hit of a 110 speed 2hander.
Donkeys are funny because everybody can just pick em up, donkey hordes look funny and its just something else to fight them. What would be if you got onehit if a donkey bumps you? Would be funny for 1-2 hours on a full server but then. No.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2013, 11:27:30 am »
+1
The donkey is great teeth everyone cracks up when using it on ts :D Flaming katana was nice for a while too but if you use it all the time it becomes pretty lame :P i dont mind thomek and khorin having it and using it every so often like the flying carpets but these special weapons should just be dev powahs :D
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2013, 11:42:36 am »
+2
Oh and also I love the fact that you reject serious suggestions about armours/weapons, and you add this.

Well played.  :lol:

Panos is right on this point ... Why implement a "trolling weapon" whereas there are so much good suggestions ...

http://forum.meleegaming.com/suggestions-corner/the-great-thread-of-suggestions/

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2013, 12:53:01 pm »
+10
Well, I could take a break with it and do like you, only use it for special occasions.. unless they take it away from me.

It wasn`t a bug that made me have it. Not sure who to contact about it though.

Bug, oversight, whatever.. it's quite obvious it wasn't meant to be on the servers all the time.
I'll just take it away until chadz/Harald fix the bug and return your LPs/auction.

As far as the rest goes, I'm just gonna quote Teeth.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 01:00:51 pm by cmpxchg8b »

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2013, 01:07:19 pm »
+1
the At fifteen, I had the will to learn; at thirty, I could stand; at forty, I had no doubts; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding; at sixty, my ears were opened; at seventy, I could do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the square..

and the At fifteen, I had the will to learn; at thirty, I could stand; at forty, I had no doubts; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding; at sixty, my ears were opened; at seventy, I could do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the square.

At fifteen, I had the will to learn; at thirty, I could stand; at forty, I had no doubts; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding; at sixty, my ears were opened; at seventy, I could do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the square.

At fifteen, I had the will to learn; at thirty, I could stand; at forty, I had no doubts; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding; at sixty, my ears were opened; at seventy, I could do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the square.

at 80 i realized chadz & co. were just a bunch of (rich) trolls

at 90 i gave shit about minuses from nabs
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 01:11:02 pm by Sniger »

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2013, 01:32:47 pm »
+1
Did not know it had a DoT. When I played with it on the duel server it didn't have that effect as far I could tell. Definitely makes a lot more sense why people are raging. But still, Teeth has a point.
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2013, 01:39:29 pm »
+1
One should design conquest mode around such OP weapons duhhh.

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2013, 01:39:57 pm »
+3
Teeth has a point to a certain extent, yes it was fun while it ha lasted and that its funny watching people at the end of thee round fighting over the Flaming Katana, i for one do this a lot because it is a lot of fun. But there becomes a point where the weapon is used too much and that it starts to become common place and that's when it stops being fun. I've watched thomek just run in and spam the weapon and kill 10+ guys over time, this is funny the first time but isn't the 4th or 5th time.

I think people found it fun at first but now it has been here a couple of days it has become somewhat tiresome.

People do have a sense of humor Teeth but its short lived when it starts effecting other peoples fun, don't remove the weapon but bring out on a rare occasion, pretty much once a year rather than every other round that it has turned into.
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2013, 01:54:33 pm »
+1
Its weird when the whole community is used to one person to have fun, especially when it a representative of the administration.
but if it is a result a bug no drama here  :evil:

« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 01:58:15 pm by Vovka »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2013, 02:11:15 pm »
+4
Create a new gamemode : master of the flame. It's FFA and there's a Flaming Katana dropped on the ground in the middle of the map.

Also

(click to show/hide)

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2013, 02:38:21 pm »
+1
Bug, oversight, whatever.. it's quite obvious it wasn't meant to be on the servers all the time.
I'll just take it away until chadz/Harald fix the bug and return your LPs/auction.
Fair enough.

I would also like to say sorry to everyone who went home butthurt after the 50 or so kills I got with the burn effect.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2013, 02:54:19 pm »
+5
But if you play for hours and somebody (uhhh who might it be...?) keeps onehitting people only to run away and cash in a kill for bullshit...

Sounds to me like a xbow user.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2013, 03:37:51 pm »
+7
I thought it was a foregone conclusion that it was the longevity of the gimmick and not the fact that it existed that made it into a thorn in the side.

I'm all for these quirky and fun things that the devs sometimes add for laughs, but it comes a point when the gimmick (Flaming Katana) is used more like a crutch than something that brings laughter. The reason people are complaining is because it went on for such a time that people began to become annoyed. The result of this is the very discussion that Teeth and some dismiss as being "serious" and "killjoy" or whatever.

I'm not disagreeing with anyone, just pointing out that the fact that people have different levels of tolerance for these things, it's very nonchalant to assume that everyone shares your sense of humour. Everyone is different.

In any case, cmp stated it was a mistake so I guess the rage was not as justified, the devs are busy with other stuff too.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.