Author Topic: Just had an hour long c-rpg battle with invading forces in real life.  (Read 1624 times)

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
Apparently during the night a couple of coons invaded the garage. The racoons managed to somehow climb all the way up to the garage door opener located near the ceiling of the garage and managed to trigger it to open, making the garage door hit a parked car outside belonging to a housemate.

I answered the call to arms given by my housemate. "call pest control" they said. psssssh! What kind of man calls outside forces to defend his own gatehouse from two vicious bandits?

Unfortunately my slingshot was MIA and my paintball gun had no CO2 or ammo so ranged combat was out of the question. I wasn't about to use a pellet gun neither.
So I armed myself with a ww2 era Wakizashi, a short Japanese mahogany practice sword, and a long 5 ft stick.

I banged on the metal "rail track" for the garage door opener they were both fortified on in attempts to flush them out from their high ground advantage. It seemed to reduce their moral but they didn't budge.
It was time to bring out the long range weapon, I went for the 5 ft long stick. Blows were exchanged (they were biting my wooden stick!). The banditry did not want to give up without a fight.

Using the stick I managed to nudge one of them off of the high ground, he fell 6 feet and hit the ground, and quickly scurried off to a closed area where my lengthy weapons became ineffective and could not reach. This one was definitely an agi build, so I knew he only had a few hits left at best.
The other one, still up near the garage opener managed to shift positions. After a few blows from my long stick, he quickly ran along the rail and then the top of the garage door shifting to another fortification: the top of a tall 7 or 8ft cabinet in the corner of the garage.

I opened the castle gates. Showing mercy and giving the bandits a valid exit. But the one on the ground did not want to leave his partner in crime.

I feared going after the one on the high fortification as I would leave myself vulnerable to the bandit on the ground. I was wearing only sweat pants, slippers, and a shirt... My leg armor would do nothing more than conceal my wounds If I were to be attacked! I switched my focus to the racoon on the ground in the small crawl space. While not able to get him to leave his fortification, I was content that his low moral caused by my quick thrusts with the stick would prevent him from exiting for the time being.

With the mighty stick, I nudged the coon bandit from the high tower (cabinet) but he landed behind some fishing poles and other polearms. Trapped behind a wall of debris, and now on ground level, he retreated behind the cabinet in the corner of the garage. Now I had both bandits on ground level, their high ground advantage was lost, but they had no plans to budge just yet.

After smoking a cigarette in the garage in attempts to "smoke them out" I went and made coffee to give them ample time to make their exit. But when I came back they were still there.
I managed to fit my polearm (stick) in the flanking area of the crawl space and got them both to flee quickly out the open garage... One and then the other ran out towards the neighbors yard and climbed up in a tree. I decided to forgo executions to let them return to their bandit gang and spread the message that my kingdom is not to be trifled with.

This all took like a hour, at some points I was trying to let them leave on their own but they wouldn't budge so it was a lengthy epic.
In the end, the bandits lost their multi, and I got x2 irl. Sadly I didn't get any valor.

In retrospect I should of taken a picture of them when I found them on the garage door opener rail... They looked kind of like this:
just more coony and less feline
(click to show/hide)
  :mrgreen:

All this battling has worked up my appetite... I think ill go make some lunch now.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 08:41:07 am by Sir_Hans »

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Nice tail  :P
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
Nice tail  :P

can't tell if bad pun, or doesn't know spelling.

hhmmmm..... i must ponder this more before jumping to a hasty conclusion.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
can't tell if bad pun, or doesn't know spelling.

hhmmmm..... i must ponder this more before jumping to a hasty conclusion.

The  :P is a clue. Now put on your Holmes hat  :P

"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
Best thread ever! 10/10, laughed out loud.

But....I'm glad you clarified they were racoons lol xD cos for a moment i thought we were on the brink of an extremely racist and hilariously inflammatory thread...

haha, It crossed my mind someone might mistake me for using coons in a racial way, but no, completely in a furry animal bandit sort of way :3

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Sounds like a fun time was had by all :P

I suppose a shotgun in your garage was out of the question, but that's what we use at my inlaws out buildings when a coon gets barricaded in.  Those fuckers are no joke and will fuck you up if they get the chance.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
+1
Sounds like a fun time was had by all :P

I suppose a shotgun in your garage was out of the question, but that's what we use at my inlaws out buildings when a coon gets barricaded in.  Those fuckers are no joke and will fuck you up if they get the chance.
The one and only option: 22lr. We Finns even refer(red) to it as the "salon rifle". The bullet doesn't have much power left after hitting a target like a racoon (if it even gets through) and most likely doesn't cause any danger to anyone. Then there are these low velocity 22lr cartridges that don't even have any gun powder, only a primer (squirrel rounds). I guess I would use those in the situation of garage intruders :rolleyes:.

(click to show/hide)

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
+1
Yeah a 22 would be ideal in those circumstances, and in most states we can just walk into a gun show and buy a gun from one of the "stalls".  Some people even sell things like girl scout cookies at these places :P  But any person can rent a spot, and sell their firearms/military gear here.   If you aren't a licensed dealer, you have no requirement to ask people for identification, or to verify if they are a felon or not (felons can't own firearms in the USA).

Here's a picture below I found very quickly online, imagine each of the tables (or grouping of a few tables) is someone who rented the area.

- Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
+1
Yeah a 22 would be ideal in those circumstances, and in most states we can just walk into a gun show and buy a gun from one of the "stalls".  Some people even sell things like girl scout cookies at these places :P  But any person can rent a spot, and sell their firearms/military gear here.   If you aren't a licensed dealer, you have no requirement to ask people for identification, or to verify if they are a felon or not (felons can't own firearms in the USA).

Here's a picture below I found very quickly online, imagine each of the tables (or grouping of a few tables) is someone who rented the area.

(click to show/hide)

Sometimes when I'm planning to buy a gun (lol I don't have many) I wish I lived in Amurrica... The cost for getting a gun permit in Finland is ~70 euros. After going to the police station you have to wait for a week or two, depending if it's semi-auto or just a regular gun. A hand gun is borderline impossible to get. Fully automatic guns are banned, but that's ok imo. Then you ofc have to buy the gun itself within some certain time period... I guess it's half a year and after that you are not allowed to purchase the peashooter.

Our country lost it's marbles temporarily when we had the first school shootings. We got new laws that are not exactly doing any good. Basically it's just more (expensive) paperwork for something that could be done more easily and as efficiently.

The part I underlined from your post is just... Oh wow... Freedom, fuck yeah?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 09:45:20 pm by Son Of Odin »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
+1
Haha yeah it is pretty ridiculous that things like cough syrup (which can be used to make meth) is more regulated than firearms in 'murica.  The part you underlined is why they call it a "gun show loophole" for felons to be able to easily possess firearms.  Same with firearms used in crimes, purchase it at a gun show and there's likely no way to trace it back to you. 

I don't think we need to start regulating things like people selling a lawn mower from a private person to another private person, that should be totally within a citizens' rights.  But firearms (to me anyways) are different, they are made for the purpose of killing.  Other tools have many purposes, which can be mis-used to kill, injure or maim.  But a firearm's primary purpose to kill, injure and maim. 

It certainly is a fine line between registering firearms (and background checks) and the government being able to easily confiscate all the firearms in the country (which isn't some crazy conspiracy, countries like Russia and China have done exactly this to take any semblance of power from the people).  But at the same time I'm conflicted because we require people to be licensed (and pass tests) for driving vehicles, but don't require a license for a firearm. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
Re: Just had an hour long c-rpg battle with invading forces in real life.
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 10:55:51 pm »
Can you be a licensed felon in the states? It's kind of my dream profession.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2013, 11:00:15 pm »
LOL...I don't think they give you a license to be a felon, you just commit a felony and you become a felon.  I think after 10 years (maybe 5, not exactly sure) you can apply to get certain rights back that you lose when you become a felon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loss_of_rights_due_to_felony_conviction)
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2013, 01:13:56 am »
But at the same time I'm conflicted because we require people to be licensed (and pass tests) for driving vehicles, but don't require a license for a firearm.

We have psychological test for new gun owners (or if you haven't applied for new gun permit in last 5 years). It's something like 200 questions with options a,b,c,d... etc. I don't know how efficient it is catching psychopaths but then again it might prevent some other unstable people getting a legal gun in their hands. Some questions were pretty weird like "Does it feel like you have a metallic rim pressing you around your head?". Then there were these other obvious ones which every psycho would know how to answer "Have you ever had self destructive thoughts?", "Have you ever wanted to kill yourself?" :mrgreen:

That test is pretty annoying also because they ask the same questions again and again. Sometimes they messed with the structure of a sentence to make it a little bit different and at times they were the exact same ones. Then the computer sometimes asks if you remember answering the same question before.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2013, 05:31:36 am »
too tired to debate over gun laws..........
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2013, 09:26:04 am »
+2
You know the sound of cats fighting outside your house? Raccoons fighting are worse. Raccoons mating are the worst. Sounds like a Satanic orgy.

Your coon story reminded me of the time a bat got into the house. I woke up at 3am to the cats going apeshit and running all over the place. The dog was hiding in the kennel. By the time I was actually out of bed, the cats had chased the bat into the bedroom. Immediately after I turned the light on I saw something black cling to the ceiling above the window. It crumpled up like plastic burning in the fire, formed a little shivering ball, and started chittering. Realized at this point that there was a bat in the room. I pushed my not-even-awake Significant Other out of bed and moved her into the bathroom with the cats (she is deathly afraid of bats and I didn't want the cats to risk rabies).

After getting my 7 foot long walking stick, I threw a blanket over my head (to prevent scratches and the bat getting caught in my hair) and went into the bedroom. Opened the window so he could get out. I tried to nudge him gently and get him flying so he could get the fuck out of my house. The bat just did a few circles of the room and nestled up on the ceiling again. I opened the second window and went on the offensive once more. The bat just kept circling and finding a new spot to roost. I sat on the bed and tried to think of what to do next. If you leave the window open and lock the room, bats are supposed to eventually get out. But this is where I sleep. I needed to go to sleep so I could work in the morning. A SECOND FUCKING BAT COMES IN THE WINDOW. LIGHTNING STRIKES TWICE IN THE WITCHCRAFT HOUSEHOLD!!!

They huddled together, staring at me. Chittering and screeching to each other. Just in case they were nightspirits I told them "I didn't invite you into my house. You need to leave. Please go. You are not welcome here." * Then I swapped the walking stick for a broom to more gently dust them off of the ceiling. The bats just did more fucking circles around the room. Half an hour later, the second bat left. The first bat was really panicked and couldn't get out. By 3:40 AM he finally found the open window.

Then I realized I had spent 40 minutes with my windows full open. In my underwear. Lights on. With a blanket over my head. Shaking a staff around the room. At least I don't think any neighbors were awake at that time of night, but still...  :oops:

*my girlfriend asked afterwards why I was talking to the bats. I uh well, uh...

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far