Author Topic: Block macros  (Read 3310 times)

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Block macros
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2013, 09:10:14 pm »
blocking with 4 different key bindings would be borderline impossible as your left hand already controls your movement.

I find it funny people think this is the difficult part, good job you guys never tried darkfall 1 where you move, aim and need to bind about 40 things for pvp.

anyway I played around on auto hotkey trying to learn how to make a macro for this, did make one that could directional block but also span the camera around like crazy, I give up. someone with know how could make one in  a jiffy tho.

if someone does come up with a macro I would quite easily use any of these keys on my keyboard whilst still moving with WASD, C/V/Q/E/f/r/b/n/alt/crtl/tab

Offline Dionysus

• Duke
  • Renown: 696
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • I move-- for no man.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of War
  • Game nicks: Dionysus_AoW
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2013, 09:13:35 pm »
+4
Isn't this essentially block by movement keys, but eradicates the use of the right mouse button?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ramza

• Earl
  • Renown: 344
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • @aeonslife
    • View Profile
    • Aeonslife
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: Trisection_Ramza
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2013, 09:20:25 pm »
Alright.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 01:23:14 am by Ramza »

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2013, 10:03:27 pm »
I find it funny people think this is the difficult part, good job you guys never tried darkfall 1 where you move, aim and need to bind about 40 things for pvp.

anyway I played around on auto hotkey trying to learn how to make a macro for this, did make one that could directional block but also span the camera around like crazy, I give up. someone with know how could make one in  a jiffy tho.

if someone does come up with a macro I would quite easily use any of these keys on my keyboard whilst still moving with WASD, C/V/Q/E/f/r/b/n/alt/crtl/tab

Haha so true, all the serious players there make key binding scripts with autoIT/autohotkey and buy 17 button razor naga mouse. Warband is smooth as fuck compared to that.

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2013, 02:23:58 am »
how do players macro faint? while looking at the floor.

Offline Froto_the_Loc

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • CRaPGame
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Locia
  • Game nicks: Froto_the_loc
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2013, 02:46:21 am »
I don't really see a problem with the idea. You will lose the ridiculous spaz camera during duels, which affect epilepsy or something...
But good luck tying to find 4 accessible keys for your left hand. Most of the nearby keys are default Warband stuff or perma-bound cRPG shitWhich is another of the dumb ideas in this mod
Hooray for customization and hybridization!
Down with monotonous pure classes!

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2013, 03:09:27 am »
Kafein are you saying you don't think it removes an element of difficulty if you can just press "F" (for instance) to left block instead of making a mouse movement to do that?

If so I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

In my opinion, there is a much greater chance of mistakes if you have to make a particular mouse movement rather than just pressing a button at the right time.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 03:12:52 am by Elindor »
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2013, 03:15:59 am »
+1
how do players macro faint? while looking at the floor.
They don't. Just do a thrust-right-thrust pattern while making large circular movements with your mouse.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2013, 08:04:15 am »
Isn't this essentially block by movement keys, but eradicates the use of the right mouse button?
This. Have you tried that, Banok?

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2013, 08:09:34 am »
Kafein are you saying you don't think it removes an element of difficulty if you can just press "F" (for instance) to left block instead of making a mouse movement to do that?
No it doesn't remove the difficulty. You have to press different key on you keyboard which partly binds your movement or makes it very predictable.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2013, 08:42:58 am »
+6
Don't know about blocking but EU1 is swarming with macro-feinting shitheads, they should have their hands cut off and nailed in the gates of Vienna.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2013, 08:46:02 am »
+1
Don't know about blocking but EU1 is swarming with macro-feinting shitheads, they should have their hands cut off and nailed in the gates of Vienna.
Macro-feints are quite predictable and easy to block if you get used to it.
For example, 2h-retarded-helicopter feint will never hit with the thrust, only with one of sideswings.

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2013, 09:19:48 am »
+1
You sure it's actually macros? There's a large overlap of Nditions players and EU1 players, so it's only inevitable that this style of feinting would make its way to cRPG. The 'standard' feint that pretty much everybody has learned looks like the player's head is bobbing, and like their sword is twirling (all while usually staring at the ground). This isn't difficult to pull of manually.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2013, 10:25:04 am »
+3
You sure it's actually macros? There's a large overlap of Nditions players and EU1 players, so it's only inevitable that this style of feinting would make its way to cRPG. The 'standard' feint that pretty much everybody has learned looks like the player's head is bobbing, and like their sword is twirling (all while usually staring at the ground). This isn't difficult to pull of manually.

This. On top of that, feints in cRPG are quite slow unless you play a 15/27 katana build or something. Most players can manually reach the maximum feinting "speed" (minimum time between two releases). It just isn't very beneficial because the animations don't keep up unless your weapon is long or fast.

Yes because if you want to block everything via hitting your keyboard, it means your already overloaded left hand will need to be able to press and hold for the correct amount of time any of the four keys you will choose for blocking at virtually any time. If you don't want to lose any functionality from the mouse-controlled block, you don't want this change to hinder your ability to move while blocking. That means your left hand has to be controlling four movement keys, out of which you will always use one or two during action, and at the same time without releasing the movement keys being able to hold block keys for the correct amount of time. That is simply not possible. You see, it wouldn't be a problem if you could know in advance what keys you should use when, like if you played music from a sheet, but you inherently don't know when and for how long you will have to block.

Also my point is, a game shouldn't be hard because the controls are bad. Failing should result from an error in your reasoning and reaction, not in the way you communicate it. For this reason, there's no point limiting people in the way they modify the controls to suit them.

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2013, 02:33:12 pm »
SaulCanner I heard some filthy rumors about you and macros.

CARE TO ELABORATE?  :twisted:

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.