Author Topic: Knife thread  (Read 1322 times)

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
Re: Knife thread
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2013, 07:04:22 pm »
+1
This isn't related to knives but since lennu mentioned getting in trouble at the airport. I was almost arrested for having plastic handcuffs in my backpack.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2013, 07:32:29 pm »
This isn't related to knives but since lennu mentioned getting in trouble at the airport. I was almost arrested for having plastic handcuffs in my backpack.

I want to know why you had plastic handcuffs in the frist place? Planning a little BDSM hmmmmmm?

does these counts?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Dear god, wtf, I saw something like that in a BudK catalog (AKA the book of cheap poor quality insane shit that you have no use/need for)

Here is where I go for mine ClockWorkKiller. Video is shaky as hell, the dude blows right by the more interesting shit, and skips 2/3 of the store, like he doesn't even show all the badass swords and axes, the high end kitchen knives, or any of the old military knives, but it gives you a decent idea of what the store looks like. Maybe I'll have to go take a video myself, because really this place is much cooler than this video  :lol: I've got my eye on a sword cane for Christmas  :mrgreen:

Wow, that place is huge

I usually buy mine, at the small local knife shop, but they don't have super large inventory, (they don't sell ANY CS, and seems to have a limited selection everything)
If the shop doesn't have it, I usually go onto http://www.bladehq.com/, they have a incredible selection, and great service.
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2013, 11:00:47 pm »
I own 3 types of blades. Some nice decorative blades as well. I got 1 pocket knife, a knife that is made of ceramic and can pass metal detectors(probably, not going to try it), and this beauty:
(click to show/hide)

It's not the same, but its a Mauser bayonet for my 1922 Czech Mauser(Model M-92/22, not the other common, better czech mauser. Can't remember the model off had).

Also own a socket bayonet for my Mosin-Nagant, but that's less a knife and more a spear.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2013, 11:36:31 pm »
lol expecting these replies to happen.
Yeah, apparently owning two dozen knives is not the norm and a lot of people do not feel the need to carry around tools of murder all the time.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2013, 12:00:04 am »
Yeah, apparently owning two dozen knives is not the norm and a lot of people do not feel the need to carry around tools of murder all the time.

Not saying everyone should own two dozen, im saying people should own a pocket knife or two, as they are extremely handy as TOOLS.
Tools of murder is probably the most stupidest thing I've ever heard. A knife is a tool just like a shovel is or hammer. Can they be dangerous? Yes, but so are other tools. With proper handling and common sense, a knife can be used safely.

I collect knives, nothing wrong with that. People collect antique and historic firearms, are those "tools of murder" too?

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2013, 12:06:47 am »
I own 3 types of blades. Some nice decorative blades as well. I got 1 pocket knife, a knife that is made of ceramic and can pass metal detectors(probably, not going to try it), and this beauty:
(click to show/hide)

It's not the same, but its a Mauser bayonet for my 1922 Czech Mauser(Model M-92/22, not the other common, better czech mauser. Can't remember the model off had).

Also own a socket bayonet for my Mosin-Nagant, but that's less a knife and more a spear.

always wanted a WW1&2 era bayonet, sadly the ones in good condition are usually out of my price range

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2013, 12:31:56 am »
Well I don't "collect" knives but I guess I have more than 10. It's just that each and everyone of them has a different purpose and I actually use them. Woodworking knife is rarely a good knife to gut fish and a cook's knife is rarely good at anything outside the kitchen :D.

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2013, 03:45:06 am »

always wanted a WW1&2 era bayonet, sadly the ones in good condition are usually out of my price range

Mines not in "Good Condition." It's missing the top loop that fits over the rifle barrel. Apparently, this was a common practice on those bayonets by the turks (the ones who owned my gun model specifically). But All mausers have the same kinda design. That picture was from a South American Mauser, so standardization. Also, Both of my Bolt action rifles are Circa 1920s models. Just after the Great War, but before the Second World War. You can tell, they are so, so different than the later 1940s versions(at least on my Mosin, my buddies each have a 1940s, but I got a 1926 model). My third buddies rifle is all brass rather than full steel like mine. His was a 1943 version. Shows how bad the USSR needed steel at that time.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2013, 04:52:31 am »
Here as promised Clockwork, the whole thing. Like I said, that other video was about 1/3 of it. Took over 20 minutes for the entire walk through. I think you would dig the place. It's in HD so you can full screen and not lose any resolution.

"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2013, 06:48:23 pm »
Here as promised Clockwork, the whole thing. Like I said, that other video was about 1/3 of it. Took over 20 minutes for the entire walk through. I think you would dig the place. It's in HD so you can full screen and not lose any resolution.

Wow! Thanks! My hats off to you! Definitely gonna have to go down there sometime during my life