Author Topic: current cRPG  (Read 2198 times)

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
current cRPG
« on: July 18, 2013, 06:51:42 pm »
+6
Unbalanced matches: Half the players enjoy the game >> People start to leave the losing team resulting in even more unbalance OR people go spec and then join the winning team, resulting in even more unbalance.

Balanced matches: ALL players enjoy the game.

(IMO) balance should always be the holy grail for devs of skillbased games.

People want multi. To get multi you need to join one of the most active clans.

The argument "so we can play with friends" doesnt hold water. People use banner balance cus they want multi not cus they "enjoy playing with friends". Not that i blame ppl they simply do what they can within the limits of the mod in order to progress. I just think its wrong and spoils the entire idea of a clan. IMO joining a clan should be based on personal preferences and taste, not just cus you want XP.

Imagine if we all joined the same clan.... GG devs

That was my 5 cents i think

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
Re: current cRPG
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 06:54:36 pm »
+8
I want to play with friends and haven't even given multi a second thought. Hell, half the time I don't even know what it is, because every time Skyrim UI mod thing is updated I have multiplier turned off along with the rest of the UI (except chat).

And if we all join the same clan, we'd have perfect balance and we'd all be clanbuddies. What a utopia!

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 06:56:40 pm »
+4
It's been like this for a while now...

Banners balance does this true, but I honestly see no other way to split the teams other than banner blance tbh.

I blame strat and last Xp overhaul taht made possible for huge clans to have 33/34/35 lvl players with all loomed gear and killer builds, that is why big clans rape when they get together, high numbers, high levels, armory full of looms.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 06:57:32 pm »
+1
And if we all join the same clan, we'd have perfect balance and we'd all be clanbuddies. What a utopia!

utopia is something good that is impossible. i dont think it would be good. i like the diversety in clans and colors and nationality. gives crpg a nice touch of how it really was back in the day. crpg should reflect, not all, but just a little bit of reality and history... at least IMO :p

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 06:58:58 pm »
It's been like this for a while now...

Bnners balance does this true, but I honestly see no other way to split the teams other than banner blance tbh.

whats wrong with a regular pure/raw/whatever balancer??? is it cus its too hard to do? code-issues? what? i dont get it :)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 07:03:07 pm »
+3
whats wrong with a regular pure/raw/whatever balancer??? is it cus its too hard to do? code-issues? what? i dont get it :)

Because you can't force people to not play together because youre antisocial, not a member of a clan on ts and hence get raped.

My best times ever win or lose was in the Bandit TS with 10/15 guys just laughing, most of the time how the round will end was not a major concer.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 07:05:42 pm »
+3
Some clans are basically an anti-stack when 5+ members are on.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 07:10:15 pm »
dunno how many times ive read/heard ppl from big clans say that they are on ts and on the same team but they are not even trying cus they are chatting random on ts and not focusing on the game

as for myself i cant fully concentrate and also be on teamspeak. i have ADHD and even the shortest useless comment about something not crpg is enough to make me loose it and start to bable about it or think about what he said resulting in me running around random

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 07:10:22 pm »
+6
I dont really mind being on the loosing team and getting mercilessly slaughtered like im one of the Starks bodyguards in Kings Landing at the end of the round. The thing holding me down is upkeep. When I loose to much cash cause of being in the loosing team like 20 rounds in a row, due to "bad luck" as some put it, I just get pissed and leave. And im not gonna change* my loadout either. I love it, ive grown attached to it. Using something else cheaper is like cheating on a loving hot supermodel wife with a cheap gutterwhore.

Looking how much i have left from my fortune, I get the feeling im rather cursed by a  gipsey than having some accidental bad luck. This upkeepbullshit is seriuslly getting on my tits lately. I get that its a needed feature and its generally a very important factor of the whole mod, but personally im not having fun with it around.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 07:33:47 pm by TiberiusX »

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 07:14:19 pm »
examble:

i play lots of chess. i dont mind getting BUTTF****D in less than 10 moves cus he was just better than i am and i can learn alot from it.

now, i cant learn ANYTHING from cRPG rapage... not anything usefull anyway. i can be on winning or losing team, no matter. i wont learn a thing. i learn how to QQ and whine but thats it :)

remember, cRPG is not just clans fighting other clans. theres also a heck of a load of other ppl; that is smaller clans as well as randoms. when i play cRPG i try to follow and stay near the majority. when clans play they have their own agenda and go where they talk about going, usally disregarding the majority either cus they expect randoms to follow them or cus they are (sowwy :D) arrogant enough to belive that they can win the round without them.

im thinking... maybe if the clans in general became more aware of the randoms and well rest of the team rather than playing their own little strat on FFA servers. dunno just sudden thought i had.

sorry for all the gramma phails, im just speaking my mind here and im high too :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 07:18:43 pm by Sniger »

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 07:27:51 pm »
+1
I miss being able to do whatever I want without someone screaming LEECHING as long as I jumped off a roof or ladder fortress when I was the last one left alive.
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2013, 07:33:16 pm »
+4
One problem is that if a team gets steamrolled in round 2, then that team will almost always start playing in a manner that guarantees a continued steamroll (everybody splitting up so that they can try to get a few kills before getting mowed over by the enemy blob).

Personally, I enjoyed the experiment of using siege-style autobalance in battle several months back. The teams were scrambled every single round. People complained that x5s were rare. They were right, which is how it should be: x5s should be something that almost never happen, due to close team balance.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2013, 07:34:08 pm »
+4
The argument "so we can play with friends" doesnt hold water. People use banner balance cus they want multi not cus they "enjoy playing with friends". Not that i blame ppl they simply do what they can within the limits of the mod in order to progress. I just think its wrong and spoils the entire idea of a clan. IMO joining a clan should be based on personal preferences and taste, not just cus you want XP.
I like banner balance because I enjoy playing alongside the people I am on teamspeak with. People naturally join bigger clans, because what is the point of being in a clan when no clan members are ever playing. A bigger clan means a larger chance that people will be playing when you are. Player numbers dwindle -> clan membership concentrates.

I think improving the auto balancer should be a rather high priority. It is simply not very smart. I can often see right at the start of the round which team is going to win by looking at the player list. The win/loss ratio of every battle player should be tracked and auto balance should happen according to that. Win/loss ratio is a good measure of how much each individual contributes to the victory of his team. This way, clanstacks who win more rounds because of teamplay and sticking together, get rated higher than simply their individual skill. Nevertheless I think their should be extra weight to large banner groups in the multiplier. 5 players with an average W/L ratio of 1.2 from one clan will most likely do better than 5 individual randoms with a W/L ratio of 1.2. I think the current autobalancer balances by k/d and level+equipment cost and it is obviously not good enough.

A different issue is the removal of the multiplier and a rework of the xp/gold system, which could make the game a lot more friendly even if your team loses.

The biggest problem though in my opinion is players that do not spawn. Sure when you are playing 60 vs 60, 3 missing players is no big deal. If you are talking 25 vs 25, and one team starts with 20 players and the other with 25, the round is pretty damn skewed already. I've even seen 25 vs 35 and that short of shit. Perhaps there need to be upkeep penalties for not spawning or something to motivate people to not just sit out a few rounds, while the balancer still sees them as a part of their team. Simple thing that needs to happen though is a move to the spectators after not spawning for a round.

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2013, 07:38:41 pm »
+1
Sounds like you need to invest in some powerful friends  :P.

When HG has our 6-7 members all playing in a server, we actually try to stay with the horde and defend the peasants/ archers who get 1 shot. We look at ourselves as the catalyst for the win not the deciding factor (we aren't that good...yet)

IMO team balance can be a little off especially on low population servers, but its about 50/50 chance that you will end up on the "better" team

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2013, 08:21:02 pm »
win/loss ratio is tracked?