Author Topic: War on Apostates  (Read 55676 times)

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: War on Apostates
« Reply #585 on: September 12, 2013, 08:14:30 pm »
Even when the Anti-UIF was actively on the offensive and the UIF not so active, there was still never this level of inactivity meaning people were never robbed of fun battles or XP by cheap victories.

The explanation is very simple, UIF was "inactive" and anti UIF is inactive. When owners of fiefs can't be arsed to manage the gear in castles or make a roll call before battle you can not expect nothing more than what you see currently. But the most important problem is fucked up roster. I remember one of Senuzgdas sieges, friday evening, Eu prime time, and apostates barely managed to gather 50 ppl in TS, including at least 5 guys between 17 and 21 lvl, no clue how many below lvl 30. GO is very competent clan in strat, there's no doubt about it, but even the best organisation wouldn't help apostates if they can not get proper roster. Would be funny to see the difference in average lvl between GO and mercs side.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Eddy

• Count
  • Renown: 209
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OotQ
  • Game nicks: Eddy
« Reply #586 on: September 12, 2013, 08:29:53 pm »
Hetman is (moustly) only accepting people over lvl 31 if he doesnt knows them, so i bet the average lvl would be 31/32 or something like that.

Offline Flans

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
  • I come to eat you at night
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunion_Odysseus
  • IRC nick: Flans
« Reply #587 on: September 12, 2013, 08:42:44 pm »
Well this last battle where i took the castle my whole roster was over 30+ with only wolves being lower. Also i had maybe 150+ people applying and 60+ on ts . so no mod is not dead.
The Murcs pissed off too many ppl, the Coalition and Temps are not inactive, theyre here, they just don't wanna help Apostates.

maybe next fight I'll sign up for you guys and get some ppl to join too to help them out cuz their ends not getting any love cuz of the way they handle their affairs.

(click to show/hide)
I wanted an avatar as cool as the Nords ones, but I have no skill with Photoshop, or Illustrator or anything like that >:(

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 12, 2013, 08:46:02 pm »
Well this last battle where i took the castle my whole roster was over 30+ with only wolves being lower. Also i had maybe 150+ people applying and 60+ on ts . so no mod is not dead.
The Murcs pissed off too many ppl, the Coalition and Temps are not inactive, theyre here, they just don't wanna help Apostates.

maybe next fight I'll sign up for you guys and get some ppl to join too to help them out cuz their ends not getting any love cuz of the way they handle their affairs.

(click to show/hide)

60+ on ts? Lol, in fact 51 had to be there, so it's nothing. Trust me strat is dead, I had times with 100+ people in ts waiting for a slot. And we even managed to make full EU rosters during day or even morning.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 12, 2013, 08:58:42 pm »
+4
Temps are not inactive
Heh, yeah, they're not inactive, they're dead. Templars dont fight even in their own battles, not to mention they dont manage gear in their fiefs and can not get full roster.

maybe next fight I'll sign up for you guys

Dear god... I hope they wont accept a prick like you in their roster.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 12, 2013, 08:59:15 pm »
+1
Once Apostates are wiped i'm sure people will cook up new drama. If Druzhina, Greys and Wolves are the only factions interested in conflict atm then i'm sure over time they'll either attack each other for lolz

Trust me, it will never happen. You're probably new in Strat. It's not about Apostates being dead. We always had a lot of players from all the factions applying for us, even enemies. And it was always like that until last months.

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #591 on: September 12, 2013, 09:01:13 pm »
+1
60+ on ts? Lol, in fact 51 had to be there, so it's nothing. Trust me strat is dead, I had times with 100+ people in ts waiting for a slot. And we even managed to make full EU rosters during day or even morning.

Well, neither 100 players in ts nor night/morning battles are good, I'd say there are enough players playing strat atm to make it interesting.
There are other problems that make it boring - totally imbalanced sides(ofc if Apostates, Coalition and Crusaders kept playing actively there would be some interesting wars, but we deal with facts here and the fact is that strat slogan for most eastern factions is "Who cares about strat" :( ), still stupid night time system while it would be much better to set prime time instead, nearly unlimited resources(probably some players enjoy when you can buy plate armor for all troops but for me fights with medium armor are much more interesting).

However in main I agree with you: strat need some love from devs or it will die rather sooner than later. And this love should be directed to game mechanic, not visual representation which is already very nice.

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #592 on: September 12, 2013, 09:25:51 pm »
+3
No. Just losers like always =) Strat is about teamwork, not about movie stars  :wink:  Please QQ MOAR - I can watching for hours at your tearful eyes - much better than TV  :lol:  but about one thing, I agree completely - strat need some love from devs or it will die rather sooner than later  :!:

Offline Perverz

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 180
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Perverz
« Reply #593 on: September 12, 2013, 09:34:06 pm »
but for me fights with medium armor are much more interesting

exactly
BARABE:
those without the necessary properties of good in human society, coarse, vulgar and violent man, scumbags

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #594 on: September 12, 2013, 09:39:08 pm »
+4
People don't sign up for the Apostates because they know the gear will be bugged and nobody will be leading.  Its not because people don't want to fight for Apostates, but they at least want to fight in a battle which will be fun.

To help with this some things need doing by the devs and they are
1) 1/3 rule fix
2) Ability to destroy equipment (not goods) on the spot even when waiting for a battle after the reinforcement window is over.
3) smaller rosters (i'd like this in general but at the very least roster sizes for battles under 1000 troops need to be scaled down)
4) Remote management of fiefs (possibly limited to just the destruction of gear - see #2)
5) Rank 10 players being able to manage all faction fiefs and change ownership if needed (perhaps at a cost though)
6) Ability for clans to set a clan nighttime that replaces personal nighttimes
7) Introduction of server primetimes that override clan or personal nighttimes
8) Link XP to gear value used per side and not overall gear value used per battle to reward players fighting for the underdog.

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #595 on: September 12, 2013, 09:42:16 pm »

YES!!!! We need all of those! NOW!

Offline Guray

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Geceniz esen, göğünüz bol yıldızlı olsun.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Guray
« Reply #596 on: September 13, 2013, 05:11:16 pm »
lol  :lol:

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #597 on: September 13, 2013, 05:11:53 pm »
+4
Strat is dead etc etc.

Most of us are quite surprised how long its taken for Mercs to come up with the "Strat is dead, we dont care anyway, we never wanted to win etc etc"

Correct it to Apostates are dead, yep you have nearly all quit after 2 months of having your arses fed to you. Frankly I dont blame you.

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #598 on: September 13, 2013, 05:22:30 pm »
Strat is dead etc etc.

Most of us are quite surprised how long its taken for Mercs to come up with the "Strat is dead, we dont care anyway, we never wanted to win etc etc"

Correct it to Apostates are dead, yep you have nearly all quit after 2 months of having your arses fed to you. Frankly I dont blame you.

your the reason why strat isn't fun
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #599 on: September 13, 2013, 05:33:16 pm »
+2
42 pages and my conclusion, Flans is the only asshole here.

>inb4 something i can't predict.