Poll

Add knockdown effect to a kicker who gets hit while executing a kick?

Yes
40 (37.4%)
No
39 (36.4%)
fix eu7/strat/2hstab/rangedstagger/cav/noidontunderstandthatthispollisonlyaboutkicksandthusthrowawaymyvote
28 (26.2%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Author Topic: [Suggestion]Knockdown for wounded kicker  (Read 4407 times)

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
Re: [Suggestion]Knockdown for wounded kicker
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2013, 06:38:53 pm »
+2
fix strat
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2013, 07:43:24 pm »
even with a freaking rondel dagger you can rightswing someone without being in kicking reach

This isn't true. Both players with the same weight and the same agility, if one guy has a <50 reach weapon and the other actually moves, either the short weapon guy always misses or just doesn't attack, either he is vulnerable to kicks. With a short weapon and some uncertainty on where your enemy will be in the near future (because he is movign too), you are forced to make provisions and end up slightly closer to the enemy than your max reach. The only way to effectively counter kicks with short weapons is to facehug and turn around your enemy very quickly, as landing kicks in such a situation can be difficult.

Most people don't kick with the intent of being hit while they kick anyway so this wouldn't change the game much I think. If kicks are going to be buffed in any way to compensate for that, then just don't do it.

Offline Kaoklai

• Tournament Champion
  • Earl
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Free Huey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2013, 08:55:32 pm »
You might want to change the op

So what about letting a kicker who gets hit during a kick get a knockdown knocked down. It might work with a minimum amount of raw damage(20?) as a threshold or a minimum amount of real damage(5?). Either way if you get whacked while kicking you land on your ass. Any objections?

Also, -1 for whining about -1.  Don't take your ball and go home to mommy just because of a number in the corner of a forum post.  It's far in the positive anyways. 

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2013, 09:03:45 pm »
+4
You might want to change the op

Also, -1 for whining about -1.  Don't take your ball and go home to mommy just because of a number in the corner of a forum post.  It's far in the positive anyways.

You tell people to not care about -1 since they don't mean anything, and yet you keep dishing them out left and right without brain or reason?
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2013, 09:06:27 pm »
+1
I can't cancel the kick. It's just too quick. That's the main problem of chamberkicking too. The time interval between starting and connecting a kick is very small.

Very often when I see someone who has been knocked down gets hit, he stands up again immediately, even decreasing the duration of the knockdown animation because it seems the stagger of the most recent hit completely overrides any staggering animation that was applied before ( and a melee hit stagger animation is obviously severely shorter than a knockdown animation ). Would it be possible to trigger a modified "zero-length" stagger animation at the same instant ( or one tick afterwards ) as someone successfully chambers a kick, so the actual, unavoidable kickstagger applied to the person who chamberkicks, gets neutralized ?

@ topic, when I get kicked its my own fault, nothing unfair about that.

Offline Kaoklai

• Tournament Champion
  • Earl
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Free Huey
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2013, 09:12:14 pm »
You tell people to not care about -1 since they don't mean anything, and yet you keep dishing them out left and right without brain or reason?

Joker, you're an idiot.  I didn't say -1 mean nothing, I said they aren't significant enough for a dev to GTX the forums.  It's okay, the notion that not all things are binary escapes many a nerd.  And I -1 fairly selectively, it just so happens that I find most of the posts on these boards wanting (also, autodownvote Kesh in diplomacy). 

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2013, 09:28:38 pm »
+1
Very often when I see someone who has been knocked down gets hit, he stands up again immediately, even decreasing the duration of the knockdown animation because it seems the stagger of the most recent hit completely overrides any staggering animation that was applied before ( and a melee hit stagger animation is obviously severely shorter than a knockdown animation ). Would it be possible to trigger a modified "zero-length" stagger animation at the same instant ( or one tick afterwards ) as someone successfully chambers a kick, so the actual, unavoidable kickstagger applied to the person who chamberkicks, gets neutralized ?

@ topic, when I get kicked its my own fault, nothing unfair about that.

It might work. I haven't tested it. The fact that puking instead of kicking during nudge cooldown is shorter than a kick anim seems to indicate it might be possible.

EDIT: Doesn't work. Just tested it. At least if the anim overwrite is attempted within the on_agent_hit_trigger where the rest of the chamberkick stuff is.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 09:48:09 pm by Paul »

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2013, 10:59:03 pm »
+1
Joker, you're an idiot.  I didn't say -1 mean nothing, I said they aren't significant enough for a dev to GTX the forums.  It's okay, the notion that not all things are binary escapes many a nerd.  And I -1 fairly selectively, it just so happens that I find most of the posts on these boards wanting (also, autodownvote Kesh in diplomacy).
You upvoted me once <3
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2013, 08:56:00 am »
+1

You  seem to -1 the majority of my posts. I thought we had something special... but you gave my love a -1.

edit: Zilsch is my other most ardent admirer. We also used to have something special but now he hates me too. Stop playing games with my heart zilsch.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 10:15:52 am by Matey »

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2013, 02:37:41 pm »
+1
You  seem to -1 the majority of my posts. I thought we had something special... but you gave my love a -1.

edit: Zilsch is my other most ardent admirer. We also used to have something special but now he hates me too. Stop playing games with my heart zilsch.
I'd tell you that whining about -1 is the best way to get it, but I'd give it to you even if you didn't  <3
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2013, 10:08:06 pm »
I'd tell you that whining about -1 is the best way to get it, but I'd give it to you even if you didn't  <3

It's ok. you and kao keep giving me those -1s to make me look meaner! someday my infamy will lead me to be properly feared!

Offline Akynos

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 157
  • cRPG Player
  • Is now an agiwhore :*(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Skono, Rollmops
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2013, 06:39:50 am »
+1
Only the talented kick, only the talented know how to avoid kicks.

Kicking is one of the things that differenciates average players from good ones.

Don't nerf skill please and go fix the whole list of broken things which you generously included in your poll.

Thanks for taking the time to make a suggestion though.
Kudos to Kulin_Ban for the video

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2013, 07:03:19 am »
+1
It's ok. you and kao keep giving me those -1s to make me look meaner! someday my infamy will lead me to be properly feared!
If infamy makes you look mean people must think Leshma is Satan and am I his mistress... :|

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2013, 07:10:25 am »
+1
So what about letting a kicker who gets hit during a kick get a knockdown. It might work with a minimum amount of raw damage(20?) as a threshold or a minimum amount of real damage(5?). Either way if you get whacked while kicking you land on your ass. Any objections?

so u cant block while kicking+ your  locked in place/animation , and now u want people to get knocked down while being hit while kicking?? you do realise that you can still get hit while your kick connects! canceling the followup of the kicker. this is already working fine, the only problem is the kick cone is rediculous. implementing this suggestion would just make kicks to risky to use. they are already risky, just eazyer to hit, change that part. not increasing the risk to the extreme. but ye you arleady said in another thread thats somehting only cmp can do. so plz dont touch kick mechanics plz
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 07:20:13 am by rufio »

Offline Ujio

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2013, 08:17:03 pm »
Yeah, makes sense. With one leg off the ground, you're less stable