Poll

Add knockdown effect to a kicker who gets hit while executing a kick?

Yes
40 (37.4%)
No
39 (36.4%)
fix eu7/strat/2hstab/rangedstagger/cav/noidontunderstandthatthispollisonlyaboutkicksandthusthrowawaymyvote
28 (26.2%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Author Topic: [Suggestion]Knockdown for wounded kicker  (Read 4408 times)

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
Re: [Suggestion]Knockdown for wounded kicker
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2013, 12:26:26 pm »
+3
Ok, I get -1 for putting up polls for mechanic decisions. That means people don't want to be a part of decision making. I'm I correct? I think the best is to not put up polls for that again and leave it to internal decision making.

Offline korppis

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2013, 12:36:31 pm »
+2
Maybe it's just people not knowing which one is the real poll: the poll that reads "Poll", or the poll on the post that describes it.

Here have a +1.  :)

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2013, 12:42:13 pm »
+5
Ok, I get -1 for putting up polls for mechanic decisions. That means people don't want to be a part of decision making. I'm I correct? I think the best is to not put up polls for that again and leave it to internal decision making.
fuck +&-... who cares about internet acceptance  :rolleyes:

Also people tend to - ideas and statements they disagree with, so not only do players vote but also tend to rate 1st post. By rating the first post they just express if they agree or not.

I don't see the point of - you anyway as you are (prolly) the most active dev who wants to improve the mod and at least tries adding some new things. You deserve a cookie. Nudges got ballanced so you and animation-maker (Tydeus?) did well.

Keep up the good work but please... no more knockdown thingies.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skyrim UI

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2013, 01:20:14 pm »
fuck +&-... who cares about internet acceptance  :rolleyes:

Also people tend to - ideas and statements they disagree with, so not only do players vote but also tend to rate 1st post. By rating the first post they just express if they agree or not.

I don't see the point of - you anyway as you are (prolly) the most active dev who wants to improve the mod and at least tries adding some new things. You deserve a cookie. Nudges got ballanced so you and animation-maker (Tydeus?) did well.

Keep up the good work but please... no more knockdown thingies.

Damn right - plussing all Paul posts in this topic.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2013, 04:33:58 pm »
+4
Rather than knockdown, how about boosting the damage taken by the kicker to that of a perfectly held strike (+25% damage)?

The issue with kicking is that the followup strike is pretty much a guaranteed held headshot. When punishing a poor kick, the attacker usually doesn't have time to hold.

As an aside, people tend to treat the +/- buttons as agree/disagree. It's not really worth reading too much into it.

I play 1h about 50% of the time, 90 reach weapon, low armor and str rating, I've not had a very hard time with any of the EU kickers, including the best ones. Take some fucking precautions, don't facehug at predictable times or for longer periods, even with a freaking rondel dagger you can rightswing someone without being in kicking reach, and when you think someone will try to kick you, jump and swing.
I can usually dodge the new kicks as a 1h, but with shorter 1h it pretty much forces me to sacrifice the ability to maximize my speed bonus on left swings (since the optimal path for a high speed bonus hit is predictable).

I can play 1h, but at the moment I frankly find it a lot easier to play a heavily armored, balanced build with my 'S' key glued down for half the round. So that's what I do. I'm sure I'm steadily getting worse at the game from this playstyle, but it racks in so many kills I just don't care.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 04:47:36 pm by Vodner »

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2013, 04:37:36 pm »
just put back old kick in with no block maybe bit faster

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2013, 04:40:01 pm »
The idea would make sense.  Although, the kicker is already being punished....They got hit.

Second, I know this has been said too much but I feel we need to get kicks in order first.  The hit boxes are still weird.

EDIT:  Maybe you can add the stagger effect instead?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 04:43:52 pm by Necrorave »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2013, 04:43:10 pm »

I could see -1'ing your post if you didn't put up a poll, but since you did, I don't see why...haters gonna hate.

I personally think that it would make sense for someone to get knocked down if they get hit while trying to kick.  You tried to kick someone to the ground, if you were successful they would have gotten knocked down.  Whiffing doesn't hurt you, but getting hit should have some penalty to it while your leg is in the air.

Especially considering the fact that kicks are now like 5 feet in front of the player model and about 2 or 3 feet wide (Zlisch I agreed with your first part of your post, but your second is wrong, a rondel will never outreach a kick if you are both stationary, aka in a vacuum). 

This is what kicks remind me of now: 

(click to show/hide)

Or don't implement the change Paul is suggesting, and just bring back the old kicks
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 04:47:26 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2013, 05:17:29 pm »
I like the suggestion. A higher penalty for kicks which now that nudge is in should be more rare.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2013, 05:21:41 pm »
+3
Put back blocking while kicking + knockdown if wounded while kicking = balanced

Add knockdown over impossible to block over kick chamber = kick so nerfed it will become even less used and could very well disapear from the game except for a few risktaker pro players...

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2013, 05:50:43 pm »
Zlisch I agreed with your first part of your post, but your second is wrong, a rondel will never outreach a kick if you are both stationary, aka in a vacuum. 
A rondel might be a slight overexageration, however my point is that with the rightswing with the vast majority of 1hs will become considerably long, it gives around the same reach bonus as the 2h stab.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2013, 05:55:13 pm »
This is a good suggestion there needs to be more downside to kick it's so cheesy and heavily abused by certain players.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2013, 06:02:44 pm »
+3
It should just cancel the kick. Extra stun like knockdown, freeze, paralyze, etc are all extremely strong gameplay mechanics. Knockdown is arguably better than some of those aforementioned status effects. It should be used very lightly.

Edit: Saul's suggestion sounds good, slightly increased damage if you get hit out of it.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 06:07:00 pm by san. »

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2013, 06:12:56 pm »
I can't cancel the kick. It's just too quick. That's the main problem of chamberkicking too. The time interval between starting and connecting a kick is very small.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2013, 06:31:13 pm »
+1
I can't cancel the kick. It's just too quick. That's the main problem of chamberkicking too. The time interval between starting and connecting a kick is very small.

Noticed this last night in duel the guy swung, I kicked, I got hit, he got kicked, we were both stunned.(obviously doesn't happen like this everytime)
Looked kinda silly with us both being stunned.

If you can't make the swing cancel the kick, then I think what Vodner/Saul suggested would be good, knockdown is pretty harsh, but then again I normally use longer weapons(even on my 1hchars) & don't notice kicks too much so maybe they deserve the extra punishment  :twisted:

Anyway I like
Rather than knockdown, how about boosting the damage taken by the kicker to that of a perfectly held strike (+25% damage)?