Author Topic: Spiked Targe Shield (damage on nudge)  (Read 1674 times)

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
Re: Spiked Targe Shield (damage on nudge)
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2013, 09:51:07 pm »
Oh! I thought he meant a shield bash with a spike, carry on.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2013, 10:13:29 pm »
+1
Imo the shield bash should do damage of its own as it really hurts when you get a shield rammed up your face and shield bash is relatively hard to land as of now [not to mention useless because before you have a chance to strike your foe already blocks].
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2013, 10:16:35 pm »
Imo the shield bash should do damage of its own as it really hurts when you get a shield rammed up your face and shield bash is relatively hard to land as of now [not to mention useless because before you have a chance to strike your foe already blocks].

You must still be a fairly new to the game.  (If not I apologize for assuming)

Shield bash is a great utility.  It is not meant to give you a free hit.  It is used to throw people off timing.  Interrupt their flow and otherwise just messing up what they had planned.

It is helpful for loosening up a player so your team mate can hit him.  Getting him to stop spamming feigns so you can get a hit in without a worry.  It is a lot more useful then you think.

Offline Froto_the_Loc

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • CRaPGame
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Locia
  • Game nicks: Froto_the_loc
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2013, 10:51:49 pm »
+1

Shield bash is a great utility.  It is not meant to give you a free hit.  It is used to throw people off timing.  Interrupt their flow and otherwise just messing up what they had planned.

It is helpful for loosening up a player so your team mate can hit him.  Getting him to stop spamming feigns so you can get a hit in without a worry.  It is a lot more useful then you think.
That is, if you land the facehug range and slow ass defend and neutral nudges.
Hooray for customization and hybridization!
Down with monotonous pure classes!

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2013, 10:56:10 pm »

you usually dont get to use this thanks to constant overhead 2h spam and the fact that team mates cant usually use this opening properly
    /\ this /\
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2013, 10:57:15 pm »

True.  It does involve timing.  Although, I only nudge when I am being crowded and I need something quicker then an attack or need to interrupt someone.  It is also helpful for getting yourself out of tight spaces.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2013, 11:02:59 pm »
True.  It does involve timing.  Although, I only nudge when I am being crowded and I need something quicker then an attack or need to interrupt someone.  It is also helpful for getting yourself out of tight spaces.
no, just no. you dont get to get out of tight spaces, when enemy corners you, you are dead. when you shield bash, you: A: flinch them a bit and you will get into same situation B: you get hit as soon as you press V OR their team mate, which is pretty common in siege, kills you as soon as you press V.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2013, 11:08:07 pm »
no, just no. you dont get to get out of tight spaces, when enemy corners you, you are dead. when you shield bash, you: A: flinch them a bit and you will get into same situation B: you get hit as soon as you press V OR their team mate, which is pretty common in siege, kills you as soon as you press V.

You obviously are still new to the game.  Your assumptions are wild and your logic is incredibly silly.

As a shielder, I have been put in many situations where I was in a tight spot against more than one player and survived.  Sometimes I even beat them all back.

Just because You are not able to do it, does not mean it is impossible.

I can agree that it can be hard to land a shield bash against an experience player.  Although that is what practice does.  It makes you better.

Play the game more before getting rash about something you obviously do not have enough experience doing.

EDIT: Back on topic.  The only thing I will agree with shield bash is the delay after getting hit by an attack.  That can be rather annoying.  Although, that has to do with animations.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 11:12:20 pm by Necrorave »

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2013, 01:49:08 am »
You obviously are still new to the game.  Your assumptions are wild and your logic is incredibly silly.

As a shielder, I have been put in many situations where I was in a tight spot against more than one player and survived.  Sometimes I even beat them all back.

Just because You are not able to do it, does not mean it is impossible.

I can agree that it can be hard to land a shield bash against an experience player.  Although that is what practice does.  It makes you better.

Play the game more before getting rash about something you obviously do not have enough experience doing.

EDIT: Back on topic.  The only thing I will agree with shield bash is the delay after getting hit by an attack.  That can be rather annoying.  Although, that has to do with animations.
sure get cornered by a guy with bardiche and another one with maul, get outta that, kill em both and post a vid, then i will believe you. your assumption that you will somehow alone defeat 2h spam in corner with shield bash is stupid beyond comparsion. i play this game about one year and i tell you, getting cornered with shielder with no allies around equals death.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2013, 07:25:17 pm »
+1
now now take your epeen contests out of the suggestions forum :D
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk