Author Topic: the scoring system  (Read 5029 times)

Offline Siper

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: the scoring system
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2013, 06:32:23 am »
I never understood why the devs would want to make rushers rush more. Melee players are already eager to fight in close quarers, its why they chose that class, why reward them for that? Why not reward manual blocks and a successful hit rate instead as a mesure of skill?

Are you saying players who successfully manual block and slay their enemy aren't rewarded?

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2013, 06:38:14 am »
If you attack other cav, you get tons of points.

Offline Akynos

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 157
  • cRPG Player
  • Is now an agiwhore :*(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Skono, Rollmops
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2013, 07:59:09 am »
+1
Most bias post so far, certainly takes more than a few swings and a kill to get valour. But ok! Us front row meleers have to insure we don't miss our swings and at the same time make sure we don't get hit. Oh! We also have to try and survive the round! I must say you have some incredible arguments in favor of archery.
Anyway, do you really think sitting on top of a building, and shooting arrows taking a lot less risk than those in the front line takes any courage/valour? As for holding your shield up in strat, good job! Too bad strat has nothing to do..

I get the impression that you are one of those average players that rushes and has no battle awareness. The fact that you point out that one mustn't ''miss his swings'' suggests that even more , as good players hardly miss their attacks and ensure their safety. Therefore I understand why you find it so hard to get valour. if you can't survive an even fight in a front line you simply suck.
"Sitting on a building" is not possible in battle anymore really, and you'd know that had you had experience. Staying far from the front line means reduced damage and often vulnerability to other ranged as well as cavalry. In your perfect melee world ranged have pinpoint accuracy and are safely shooting from miles away. Did I mention that they have no armor? So when it comes to "surviving the round" , armored melee has more space for mistakes. Ranged do not.

Finally, strat has all to do with it, as it uses the same score system.

Conclusion: QQ mad Cuz bad. Buff ranged scoring.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Kudos to Kulin_Ban for the video

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2013, 08:04:30 am »
+3
I just respecced hoplite, I've been this class for all of a few hours and still teamwound all the time/don't have hoplite thrust abuse down that good, and I am literally the number 1 person on the scoreboard in points 9/10 times, and usually have one of the best KDs too, with neverending valor. Even if I don't get many kills, I feel like I am getting double or more the points I should be

tl;dr nerf hoplites
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Siper

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2013, 08:43:52 am »
I get the impression that you are one of those average players that rushes and has no battle awareness. The fact that you point out that one mustn't ''miss his swings'' suggests that even more , as good players hardly miss their attacks and ensure their safety. Therefore I understand why you find it so hard to get valour. if you can't survive an even fight in a front line you simply suck.
"Sitting on a building" is not possible in battle anymore really, and you'd know that had you had experience. Staying far from the front line means reduced damage and often vulnerability to other ranged as well as cavalry. In your perfect melee world ranged have pinpoint accuracy and are safely shooting from miles away. Did I mention that they have no armor? So when it comes to "surviving the round" , armored melee has more space for mistakes. Ranged do not.

Finally, strat has all to do with it, as it uses the same score system.

Conclusion: QQ mad Cuz bad. Buff ranged scoring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GzXVqwYHVE

Offline Akynos

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2013, 09:00:42 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GzXVqwYHVE

I don't care about what you think my reasoning is mate, actually, I don't even give a shit about what you think at all as it won't matter a single bit, but if you wish to believe that it is hard to get points through front line melee and that archery is easy then that's fine by me! :D

Offline Siper

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2013, 09:35:57 am »
I don't care about what you think my reasoning is mate, actually, I don't even give a shit about what you think at all as it won't matter a single bit, but if you wish to believe that it is hard to get points through front line melee and that archery is easy then that's fine by me! :D

Can you point out where I said that it is hard to get points through front line melee and that archery is easy? What you said is that range can only get valour if they, and I quote, "ensure that almost every shot lands and survive the whole round.", and I just pointed out that is exactly what meleers have to do to obtain valour.

I did say that archers take less risk by being able to sit further away from the enemy and shoot at them, which(in my opinion) is a less courageous action than being upfront taking blows. So, I don't think archers(if sitting far away) should receive the same bonus points as meleers for being nearer to the action.

Anyway, I don't care if you care, but don't reply making things up.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2013, 10:37:34 am »
+1
Can you point out where I said that it is hard to get points through front line melee and that archery is easy? What you said is that range can only get valour if they, and I quote, "ensure that almost every shot lands and survive the whole round.", and I just pointed out that is exactly what meleers have to do to obtain valour.

I did say that archers take less risk by being able to sit further away from the enemy and shoot at them, which(in my opinion) is a less courageous action than being upfront taking blows. So, I don't think archers(if sitting far away) should receive the same bonus points as meleers for being nearer to the action.

First of all you cant call Akynos biased towards archery ... lol.

Second, I dont know whether the point system has been changed after the patch but pre-patch even a HEADSHOT KILL did give me about one single point quite often. Clean arrow hits on enemies even granted me a stunning ZERO points every now and then.

So even if I have enough battlefield awareness to dodge all the oneshotting bolts that fly toward my direction, dodge all the oneshotting lances that are thrusted and couched into my direction, all the horses that can easily bump a big chunk out of my HP, dodge all the other archers who can 2 shot me and then also make sure that most my arrows hit, while making sure not to hit any teammates in the process, then I end up with maybe 20 points for the shooting alone, maybe 30 for a round.

However, when I switch to my peasantarmor longspear alt, see a big melee blob and jump into the middle JUST FOR THE LOLS, I die in about 0.2 seconds, havent hit anyone, havent blocked anything, havent done anything worth for the team, Boom ... I get like 15 points for this 1 second of retardedness. And with this I see a big discrepancy between battlefield value / score.

However, in the End I dont care that much about points and wouldnt even mind if it stays that way. Probably even better to counter ranged spam. Since melee encounters are unavoidable anyway at some point in the round, even for archers, there is enough opportunity to farm some points as it stands :)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 10:51:53 am by XyNox »

Offline Akynos

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2013, 10:50:04 am »

Xynox said it better than me.I used to think like you, then I played archer.  Then I realised that you get almost no points per shot. I could, like Xynox, spend no more than 20 seconds in melee, hit a few guys and have valour.
Until now I never got valour as an archer yet I hit them twice as often. The amount of brain juice I have to pour to keep up with meleeists is astounding.
If you keep arguing that this is not true then sorry but you are an inexperienced player.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2013, 12:19:06 pm »
+2
Seriously, if you have that much problem getting valour as any kind of ranged (bar 15 27/30 xbowman or 5 PD horse archer not going for horses), you're just bad. The score is not merely as bad as some are trying to portray here.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2013, 12:43:23 pm »
Seriously, if you have that much problem getting valour as any kind of ranged (bar 15 27/30 xbowman or 5 PD horse archer not going for horses), you're just bad. The score is not merely as bad as some are trying to portray here.

I never get valour as xbow. I have 14 bolts in total and I get 2 points per hit, 1 point if its a long-range shot. That makes 28 points if I hit every single one at close range. But I dont always take sure hits, I often try to go for HX which are very hard to hit or also other "hard to hit" targets. If I take a second pack of bolts I'm as slow as a 36/3 tincan with my 12/27 build. I think headshots should at least deliver one bonus point.

I dont need valour but sometimes I see that with for example 8:0 KD I am almost at the bottom of the score board while someone in melee with 2:2 KD has three times the points. Would be nice to be at least in the middle of the score board.

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2013, 01:09:27 pm »

It is bad. Especially in sieges.
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2013, 02:04:03 pm »
+1
   On my gens of ranged play (which were too many..) I used to get valor very often, specially in the new system (strangely) and being Xbower. It all depends on the way you play the game.

Why should a player that kites to death or hides 800m away hoping for some lucky landed hits be rewarded with this over players that actually are in the heat of the battle contributing way more?

Then again, making archery hybridization viable once more (as it used to be some years ago) would reduce all this drama, and even the number of kiting/hiding players. Xbow hybrid is till very viable, archery, not really, at least until level 31+.

It's all part of the secret psychological balancing measures.  :wink:

Offline Akynos

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2013, 03:22:45 pm »
+1
Had an xbow hybrid myself some time ago. Made three times more points defending myself with my sword than I actually did with the show. Then again I'm much better at melee but hey, I know how to aim.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2013, 04:22:45 pm »
+1
No one cares about the definition of valour.

Are we talking about the points system here? What other use are points for? You get lots of em, you get valour. Getting kills helps your team win, getting points helps you get an extra multiplier, occasionaly. It's not about stroking your dick in pleasure because you happen to be higher up on a list than some other douchebag. So yes, the definition of "valour" is kind of the whole point. Oh boohoo, you have 8 kills from playing like a complete bundle of sticks and didn't die once (because of aforementioned playing like a complete bundle of sticks) but you don't like how many points you have? Does it bruise your ego or something? I'd think helping your team win the round (by being a complete bundle of sticks) would be enough.