Author Topic: the scoring system  (Read 5030 times)

Offline Krax

• Baron
  • Renown: 145
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Hate_More, Byzantium_Love_More
the scoring system
« on: June 30, 2013, 02:35:54 am »
+4
how does it work, seems to favor melee more than ranged.

As you see on this ss all the ranged seem to have around 50% of the Points the melee gets if you look at the kills.
Is it some sort of proximity score they get ?

I also seem to get alot more points if i just kills the horses and ignore the rider.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Carthan

• Duke
  • Renown: 612
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • Mad scientist and creator of QUANTUM-KAFEIN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BlackCompany
  • Game nicks: Vandal (Carthan)
Re: the scoring system
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 02:42:00 am »
+1
seems to favor melee more than ranged.

That is pretty much it, you get points for being next to someone who is doing damage, which is another reason shielders and hoplites get more points on average, their ability to survive in the melee and be around so much damage.
Yes, been posted before. Rather than practicing swinging a weapon, it would be better to go 1 hander and learn a martial art that specializes in takedowns, because that's all that really matters in that sport.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 02:44:27 am »
+4
Passive gameplay should not be possible for farming points imo. Its best that the players who get involved the most get the points

Also how are you feeling those HX nerfs?
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Aprikose

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JugendFeuerwehr
  • Game nicks: Great Bascinet!
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 11:12:16 am »
+6
Who was more useful for the team...
(click to show/hide)
click it!visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Krax

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 11:23:41 am »
Passive gameplay should not be possible for farming points imo. Its best that the players who get involved the most get the points

Also how are you feeling those HX nerfs?

Cant say iv notised anything tbh.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 11:27:32 am »
I get quite alot of points, but thats due to the fact im a tipe of shielder that goes all-out balls to the walls in the centre of the battleshitstorm(mostly).

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 11:58:38 am »
You get lower, but not that much really. I've got tons of valour as xbowman (15/24), HX and archer. Getting valour as 15/27 or 15/30 xbowman on the other hand, is borderline impossible.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Mae.

• Duke
  • Renown: 516
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • :3
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: mae
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 03:49:15 pm »
+2
how does it work, seems to favor melee more than ranged.

As you see on this ss all the ranged seem to have around 50% of the Points the melee gets if you look at the kills.

I also seem to get alot more points if i just kills the horses and ignore the rider.
(click to show/hide)
turn this shit into call of duty already, bro..
(click to show/hide)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2013, 06:02:37 pm »
+3
There's a reason melee get proximity points. It's because they are the ones taking all the risk. bundle of sticks HX like yourself spend their entire rounds evading danger as much as possible, and now you whine about not getting valour? Hint, look up the definition of the word "valour", then think about how it applies to your playstyle.

Offline Siper

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2013, 09:02:40 pm »
It's called valour, going up front and facing the enemy takes more courage than sitting in the back shooting sticks at them.

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2013, 09:04:45 pm »
+2
well the reason your not getting alot of points is because your on horse, you are no where near the fighting, and each kill gives about 5 points average, goes for everyone.

Offline Krax

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2013, 12:27:22 am »
+6
There's a reason melee get proximity points. It's because they are the ones taking all the risk. bundle of sticks HX like yourself spend their entire rounds evading danger as much as possible, and now you whine about not getting valour? Hint, look up the definition of the word "valour", then think about how it applies to your playstyle.

And where did i complain about geting valor or whine. i just wondered how it worked. So so hatefull, just because i make you walk at times.

Offline Akynos

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 157
  • cRPG Player
  • Is now an agiwhore :*(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Skono, Rollmops
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2013, 06:02:12 am »
+2
Currently playing HA. Played melee for all my gens, and I can say that the scoring system is in disfavour towards ranged. Made a topic about that.

What you don't seem to get is that the relation between difficulty and rewards concerning melee and ranged are quite different. All you have to do in melee to get valour is to stay close to the fight, hit a few times while ensuring you don't get hit, and kill a guy or two. Voila.

Get valour as a ranged? You got to ensure that almost every shot lands and survive the whole round. As a HA, as soon as your horse is dead, you're toast, which in most cases is not very difficult to do.

No one cares about the definition of valour. Getting points because you are fiddling with the butthole of those on the front line should not give you points.

(click to show/hide)
Kudos to Kulin_Ban for the video

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2013, 06:20:18 am »
+1
I never understood why the devs would want to make rushers rush more. Melee players are already eager to fight in close quarers, its why they chose that class, why reward them for that? Why not reward manual blocks and a successful hit rate instead as a mesure of skill?

Offline Siper

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2013, 06:28:59 am »
Currently playing HA. Played melee for all my gens, and I can say that the scoring system is in disfavour towards ranged. Made a topic about that.

What you don't seem to get is that the relation between difficulty and rewards concerning melee and ranged are quite different. All you have to do in melee to get valour is to stay close to the fight, hit a few times while ensuring you don't get hit, and kill a guy or two. Voila.

Get valour as a ranged? You got to ensure that almost every shot lands and survive the whole round. As a HA, as soon as your horse is dead, you're toast, which in most cases is not very difficult to do.

No one cares about the definition of valour. Getting points because you are fiddling with the butthole of those on the front line should not give you points.

(click to show/hide)

Most bias post so far, certainly takes more than a few swings and a kill to get valour. But ok! Us front row meleers have to insure we don't miss our swings and at the same time make sure we don't get hit. Oh! We also have to try and survive the round! I must say you have some incredible arguments in favor of archery.
Anyway, do you really think sitting on top of a building, and shooting arrows taking a lot less risk than those in the front line takes any courage/valour? As for holding your shield up in strat, good job! Too bad strat has nothing to do..