Author Topic: 10things I learned playing cRPG  (Read 3505 times)

Offline Armycook_of_KSantiago

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
  • No mercy! No retreat! No remorse!
    • View Profile
Re: 10things I learned playing cRPG
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2013, 10:52:27 pm »
+1
Whats wrong with me writing Chinese? U can't see it anyways...
I just love how people think im typing Spacebars in Chat when i type in Chinese.
Also, u can always turn off Chat.
Dinner is served!
(click to show/hide)

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2013, 11:45:45 pm »
5. If you are going to fight an approaching enemy and have nearby cavalry and ranged in clear terrain, make certain that you facehug your opponent so that your friends must either refrain from assisting or risk hitting you. Occasionally stepping away from your opponent to allow your friend to help you would be a sign of cowardice and thereby a very bad tactic. Make sure to report if you are teamwounded while using this superior strategy.

I do this quite often and I am proud of it. Hate when people interrupt my fights, just as much as I hate being shot at when in melee.

Just remember cRPG is not about winning its about having fun; a fun fight and lost battle is a lot more fun than boring ganks and an easy wins.

But +1 to most of it.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 11:49:43 pm by Byrdi »

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2013, 11:48:37 pm »
+3
i've learned that this is how you feel when you try a new patch

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline korppis

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2013, 08:31:12 am »
+2
This should be stickied to Beginner's Guide section.

Also one for siege:

11. When climbing up the ladder, try to stay as close as possible to the teammate in front of you. They appreciate it when they feel their weapon connect to your face at every swing and know you're still there. It's like a silent "Don't worry, I got your back". Also remember to report them.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2013, 11:46:28 am »
+3
This should be stickied to Beginner's Guide section.

Also one for siege:

11. When climbing up the ladder, try to stay as close as possible to the teammate in front of you. They appreciate it when they feel their weapon connect to your face at every swing and know you're still there. It's like a silent "Don't worry, I got your back". Also remember to report them.

12. In siege always fight as far away from that pesky flag as possible. It will only obscure the beautiful graphics of the game and is certainly not at all necessary to defend. This is especially true on low population siege servers.

13. Opening a door that the enemy team is trying to break down can only go well for you. So do such at every conceivable opportunity. And remeber folks, closing the door behind you is for "tarded n00bs"; you're not one of those types, are you?
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline MicroMats

• Knight
  • Renown: 69
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
  • LazyJohnPablo_Matz
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2013, 12:05:04 pm »
Ten great tips ! :D
U FUCKIN WOT m8 !

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2013, 08:16:02 pm »
+2
14.  If you're a shielder defending in siege, climb halfway down the ladder to meet all the two handers coming up.  Then slowly back up the ladder with your shield up, leading the mass of enemies to the top.  While you won't improve your KD or get any points, you will prevent any ranged at the top of the ladder to get cheap, easy kills. Cuz that is dishonourable.

15.  When attacking in siege, as a two hander you should always be first going up the ladder.  This will save your comrade's shields for the flags.  Also push by any xbow man or thrower who's trying to soften up any tin can great maul user (or similar unshielded enemy) at the top.  After all, if you can kill these guys with only one hit due to all the bolts and jarids in them, you'll get less points.

16.  Similar to 15, but in towns.  When the enemy is rushing at you down a street, rush right at them.  All those ranged standing next to you are hitting the polearm/2handers like shooting fish in a barrel, stealing your potential points.  So charge in and prevent those guys from getting clear shots.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 08:33:31 pm by Bryggan »

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2013, 08:27:46 pm »
11. Panos is constantly getting banned

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2013, 09:21:59 pm »
+1
Someone suggesting teamwork and not trying to be a rambo on the battlefield?    :lol: 

he must obviously be new here

Also I don't mind if people speak another language (in the server or IRL), doesn't bother me one bit.

Only thing that bothers me is that f*cking Russian font...why does it have to be so huge?  Self important douche bags and their 20 point font.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2013, 09:24:25 pm »
14.  If you're a shielder defending in siege, climb halfway down the ladder to meet all the two handers coming up.  Then slowly back up the ladder with your shield up, leading the mass of enemies to the top.  While you won't improve your KD or get any points, you will prevent any ranged at the top of the ladder to get cheap, easy kills. Cuz that is dishonourable.

15.  When attacking in siege, as a two hander you should always be first going up the ladder.  This will save your comrade's shields for the flags.  Also push by any xbow man or thrower who's trying to soften up any tin can great maul user (or similar unshielded enemy) at the top.  After all, if you can kill these guys with only one hit due to all the bolts and jarids in them, you'll get less points.

16.  Similar to 15, but in towns.  When the enemy is rushing at you down a street, rush right at them.  All those ranged standing next to you are hitting the polearm/2handers like shooting fish in a barrel, stealing your potential points.  So charge in and prevent those guys from getting clear shots.

Grow a pair and join the battle server, problems solved.  Pro tip, there's plenty of "siege-esque" maps played on the battle server.  Hell the majority of them are close quarter village battles with cavalry being useless.

*EDIT* Fuck meant to edit my previous post...not double post...eagerly awaiting my punishment
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2013, 09:36:34 pm »
+2
Grow a pair and join the battle server, problems solved.  Pro tip, there's plenty of "siege-esque" maps played on the battle server.  Hell the majority of them are close quarter village battles with cavalry being useless.

*EDIT* Fuck meant to edit my previous post...not double post...eagerly awaiting my punishment

Lol, pretty sure you play battle so you can spend more time on the forums when you die & also because you stink on foot.

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2013, 09:40:40 pm »

Huh, didn't even mention cavalry.  And you'll see #16 refers to towns, so I am not a cav-fleeing coward.  When on my thrower, I love cav charging at me- unless I miss and they couch me.  I'm just pointing out dumb things people do that screw up the team.

So as a person who likes to enjoy the full spectrum of the C-Rpg experience (except DTV and Rageball, which I find kinda alternative lifestyle-esque), I find your comments hurtful, and I'm sure there must be some international web rule of saying negative things on the internet.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2013, 10:00:27 pm »
Lol, pretty sure you play battle so you can spend more time on the forums when you die & also because you stink on foot.

No it's because the majority of people play on the battle server (and I'd rather play with as many people as possible).  Also it has a variety of maps, where every class can be useful.  Not so much on siege.

And I do like alt+tabbing when I die in the battle server, but not to go on the forums (lol I have better shit to do with my time at home), it's to play another game, like Civ V or CK2
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Adam_Bomb

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Im_With_Stupid, Someones_Alt
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2013, 10:03:55 pm »
No it's because the majority of people play on the battle server (and I'd rather play with as many people as possible).  Also it has a variety of maps, where every class can be useful.  Not so much on siege.

And I do like alt+tabbing when I die in the battle server, but not to go on the forums (lol I have better shit to do with my time at home), it's to play another game, like Civ V or CK2

Good idea about the civ V, never tried running both games at the same time, thought my comp would not handle it, will have to try :)
I don't know how you can watch with_stupid, every time i see him play i want to put infants in a blender.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2013, 10:30:12 pm »
+1
I don't play larger than a small world, or I end up getting some lag in crpg.  I'd suggest turning down all your settings in civ 5, should be able to run it (if you have a decent computer)
 - Stolen from Macropussy