Author Topic: Panos permabanned again?  (Read 19035 times)

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
Re: Panos permabanned again?
« Reply #180 on: June 30, 2013, 09:33:20 pm »
Thread was locked before we could. Locking it so soon seemed to suggest, at least to me, "don't bring this up again."

Huh, I didn't know that troll threads are supposed to stay open until the entire forum population has had the chance to ask what was going on. But I suppose you have a point, since there is no other way you could have contacted me. Right?

So why is Panos banned? Cause he shit talked a ranged player? You'd have to ban 95% of crpg if shit talking ranged was against the rules.

Read the thread, it's stated quite clearly a few pages ago.

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • Renown: 494
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Deserter_IdZo
  • IRC nick: IdZo Steam Nick: Deja3n9
« Reply #181 on: June 30, 2013, 09:40:04 pm »
+2
Never go full retard... Never...
Urist: Being crpg mod makes you go insane at some point. look at meow, he thinks he's a fcking cat

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 30, 2013, 09:46:02 pm »
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 06:43:44 pm by SirCymro_Crusader »

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #183 on: June 30, 2013, 09:46:23 pm »
+1
Huh, I didn't know that troll threads are supposed to stay open until the entire forum population has had the chance to ask what was going on. But I suppose you have a point, since there is no other way you could have contacted me. Right?

Read the thread, it's stated quite clearly a few pages ago.

I read all your posts in this thread. There really is no clear answer. The best I can get is "He insulted someone on the forums and since he has a ban history we permad him". If that is the case then... well that is ridiculous. Have you ever poked your head into the diplomacy section of the forums? People insult each other all the damn time and in far more serious and offensive ways than Panos calling someone a range my old friend. Also, the people who shit talk in diplomacy frequently get forum mutes, not ingame bans. If they are abusive in game then they might see some actual bans but it takes a lot of effort to get ban for being an asshole in game... just ask spookisland.

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • Renown: 494
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Deserter_IdZo
  • IRC nick: IdZo Steam Nick: Deja3n9
« Reply #184 on: June 30, 2013, 09:50:45 pm »

At least do something to that fella - kinda bit of a piss take if he can get away with it with nothing shy of a mute

He is not Panos, only Panos gets permabaned for this... even thou 20% of community is like 3 times worse than him...
Urist: Being crpg mod makes you go insane at some point. look at meow, he thinks he's a fcking cat

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 30, 2013, 09:54:27 pm »
I read all your posts in this thread. There really is no clear answer. The best I can get is "He insulted someone on the forums and since he has a ban history we permad him". If that is the case then... well that is ridiculous. Have you ever poked your head into the diplomacy section of the forums? People insult each other all the damn time and in far more serious and offensive ways than Panos calling someone a range my old friend. Also, the people who shit talk in diplomacy frequently get forum mutes, not ingame bans. If they are abusive in game then they might see some actual bans but it takes a lot of effort to get ban for being an asshole in game... just ask spookisland.

What can I say, you are very bad at reading...
http://forum.meleegaming.com/general-discussion/panos-permabanned-again/msg814984/#msg814984

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 30, 2013, 09:58:28 pm »
What can I say, you are very bad at reading...
http://forum.meleegaming.com/general-discussion/panos-permabanned-again/msg814984/#msg814984

So he was mean in IRC and got ban from forums and crpg? I guess I would have to see what he said in IRC, but going by his actions on the forums lately he is pretty much a saint and generally awesome contributor to the well-being of the community compared to just about anyone else. Mayhaps you shoulda just ban him from IRC and let him continue his good works on the forums.

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 30, 2013, 09:59:51 pm »
+1
??? :lol:

Edit: I'm trying to understand if I put up a wrong link, because there's no way you could have misunderstood my post that badly.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 10:02:55 pm by cmpxchg8b »

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 30, 2013, 10:02:44 pm »
??? :lol:

Edit: I'm trying to understand if I put up a wrong link, because there's no way you could have misunderstood my post that badly.

You basically said he was on parole cause he was ban in the past. in response to someone asking what he did wrong this time you said you couldnt be assed to get the irc logs to show what he did wrong. therefore, he was an ass on IRC so you ban him again.

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 30, 2013, 10:03:24 pm »
Oh, it looks like you didn't read the quoted posts. We were talking about his previous bans.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #190 on: June 30, 2013, 10:06:54 pm »
So he was mean in IRC and got ban from forums and crpg? I guess I would have to see what he said in IRC, but going by his actions on the forums lately he is pretty much a saint and generally awesome contributor to the well-being of the community compared to just about anyone else. Mayhaps you shoulda just ban him from IRC and let him continue his good works on the forums.
Still doesn't get it...  :cry:
Take a break cmp i really believe you  need it
cmp doesn't even play cRPG anymore, so gg on being retarded.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 30, 2013, 10:07:21 pm »
Oh, it looks like you didn't read the quoted posts. We were talking about his previous bans.

Except that I did and you responded to the quoted messages as I already talked about.

Would it be so hard to just say why you banned him? straight up without any BS or misdirection or trollyness? Just a "Panos has a long history and his recent actions doing "______" resulted in me restoring his permaban"

Offline n1emys

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
  • sraka_the_Grey
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: sraka_the_Grey
« Reply #192 on: June 30, 2013, 10:08:10 pm »
well done. panos are pimpl on ass in crpg community

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 30, 2013, 10:12:07 pm »
Except that I did and you responded to the quoted messages as I already talked about.

Would it be so hard to just say why you banned him? straight up without any BS or misdirection or trollyness? Just a "Panos has a long history and his recent actions doing "______" resulted in me restoring his permaban"

No, it wouldn't be hard. In fact I said exactly that in several posts already (including the one I just linked)..

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #194 on: June 30, 2013, 10:12:30 pm »
Cmp and Panos had come to an agreement were if he acted like shit on the forum or ingame he'd be permabanned, that post made Cmp look at Panos posting history of the last week, Cmp banned him for acting like shit on the forum, is it that fucking hard to understand?
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.