Author Topic: Dark Souls II  (Read 83315 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls II
« Reply #1245 on: June 05, 2014, 05:08:35 pm »
well you definitely fight people NG+ from NG in arena. just got instagibed by dual wielded grand lance guy, pretty sure he had 600 stamina too

You definitely don't. But there's nothing stopping 15 million+ SM people in NG. AFAIK arena ignores all SM and SL if it doesn't find a suitable match.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 05:12:34 pm by Vibe »

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #1246 on: June 05, 2014, 05:12:02 pm »
+1
Hmm.. I am interested in this archery. What is important for an Archer build?

Lots of stamina so you can dodge for days :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: June 05, 2014, 08:17:41 pm »
Invaded someone on 100k SM with no bonefire ring -.-

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #1248 on: June 05, 2014, 08:42:26 pm »
well you definitely fight people NG+ from NG in arena. just got instagibed by dual wielded grand lance guy, pretty sure he had 600 stamina too

No, you don't. You just fought someone who was level 250+ in NG. The only restriction arena has is making sure that NG people fight NG people.

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #1249 on: June 06, 2014, 01:11:03 am »
I didn't use a mule. I got one no bon fire myself but I died as a summon and didn't get the no death ring ffs.

Some dude dumped both ring after I summoned him. And as far as the rest of my shit I just grinded it. Something like 20 +10 sets of armour including Havel, Kings and Llyewn and god knows how many weapons.

And 3 +10 rebel shields covering Dark, lightning and magic, +10 drake shield with 97% fire, +10 roseblume shield with 100% poison resist blah blah blah we could pass it down to like a lvl 25 toon and lol all the way to the bank.

So you looking to give them away?  :wink:
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: June 06, 2014, 04:06:22 am »
Hmm.. I am interested in this archery. What is important for an Archer build?

pve or pvp? think I covered both a bit in those videos, but can go in detail for either.

some areas are way easier with bow like shrine of amana, but generally I would spec str for pve and then respec to dex. bow works pve but if used the whole way will cost you alot of souls, plus some parts/bosses you will need to mele and dex scaling damage is pants and you will only tickle the bosses.

I actually think that the bow/parry build could be one of THE strongest builds if only there was proper server side hit detection, however due to how laggy pvp is generally landing sorceries and using buffed washing poles will always be way more consistent then you can ever be.

for shame...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 04:09:24 am by Banok »

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #1251 on: June 06, 2014, 11:13:03 am »
pve or pvp? think I covered both a bit in those videos, but can go in detail for either.

some areas are way easier with bow like shrine of amana, but generally I would spec str for pve and then respec to dex. bow works pve but if used the whole way will cost you alot of souls, plus some parts/bosses you will need to mele and dex scaling damage is pants and you will only tickle the bosses.

I actually think that the bow/parry build could be one of THE strongest builds if only there was proper server side hit detection, however due to how laggy pvp is generally landing sorceries and using buffed washing poles will always be way more consistent then you can ever be.

for shame...

Hmm.. Do you use the bow you can get fromh nashandras soul? Or the regular long bow?

I might reassign the souls on ons of my bazillion Alts though.. Imma look info it nest week got a busy weekend...
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: June 06, 2014, 12:06:22 pm »
+1
Btw Banok is it a coincidence that that dudw is named Ya Boi Oberyn? :p
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: June 06, 2014, 01:05:28 pm »
+1
Btw Banok is it a coincidence that that dudw is named Ya Boi Oberyn? :p

Yeah I wonder if he knew what happens to oberyn when he chose that name, I like to think he didn't and hes now a bit dead inside.

that boss soul bow is definitely a better weapon, dex scaling is very bad in dks2. the main reason I dont use it is because of the faith requirement. but also you get it much later in game, at the end. and also requiring twinkling titanite to upgrade is a pretty big deal.

you need 15 twinling to +5 a weapon which is about what you get from a normal playthrough of the game. its not completely limited you can farm extra and fairly unlimited amount due to bonfire asectics but its gona be alot of effort if your entire armour/weapon sets need it.

but now I think about it a faith bow using character could actually be really strong. I was using a grand lance on my cleric in PvP its fun, but might have to try this out. I wondered why lightning arrows do less dmg than other types maybe its a balance thing with that bow.

edit: you cant buff bows with sunlight blade, if you could that would be INSANE like 619 damage potentially alot more if lighting arrows were buffed by it also.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 01:10:22 pm by Banok »

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: June 06, 2014, 02:12:39 pm »
+1
I saw a cleric Archer on YouTube somewhere, looked as if it was a goodbuild. Hut im nog that intereseted in magicother then the chasmeleon spel.

Imma try thuis archer thing for sure though, lookalike slot of fun. What was tour SLin the vis?

Hoe do i disabler auto correct -.-

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: June 06, 2014, 02:20:05 pm »
Composite bow is the best for PvP archer character, shoots fast and got the most damage. Short range and C - C scaling makes it pretty good for quality builds. Been using it on my SL 64-ish. Will try to keep my SM as low as possible since I find low level / low SM fights much more enjoyable.

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: June 06, 2014, 02:30:39 pm »
+1
finally did all the prep work and now am in NG+, pretty sure my try hard pve respec is the strongest pve build you can make. NG+ at the surface seems easy and then it surprises you. I went into flexible sentry too confident with a bunch of souls and was like AFHGHg

I saw a cleric Archer on YouTube somewhere, looked as if it was a goodbuild. Hut im nog that intereseted in magicother then the chasmeleon spel.

Imma try thuis archer thing for sure though, lookalike slot of fun. What was tour SLin the vis?

Hoe do i disabler auto correct -.-

Yeah that archer char I started as explorer specially so I could get 10 int and 1 slot for chameleon, had some fun with it already. Altho with spice, +5 int ring and slot ring; probably not worth investing stats to use chameleon.

SL was like 80 in those videos, I had only 90 agility too. I think you want 105 because with bow you want to roll alot.

Composite bow is the best for PvP archer character, shoots fast and got the most damage. Short range and C - C scaling makes it pretty good for quality builds. Been using it on my SL 64-ish. Will try to keep my SM as low as possible since I find low level / low SM fights much more enjoyable.

its only slightly better than hunter's blackbow if you are 40/40, I would go blackbow 9/40 thats what I use on my archer.

an infused composite bow could be the best tho actually. even without the buff you still get a B scaling.

edit: composite bow has less range but not sure if that effect lock on aiming
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 02:37:52 pm by Banok »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: June 06, 2014, 03:13:06 pm »
eh NG+ is easy since you know already how the bosses work, the only "hard" thing about it is the arbiter invasions every 5 minutes

EDIT: I see a lot less stupid shit in arena now, PvP has gotten a bit more pleasant. There's still tryhards but much less so I feel. The only thing that really bothers me as a pure melee (no buffs) build is Great Magic Barrier, that shit reduces so much damage it's not even funny. Put that on a heavy armored guy and I'll be backstabbing them for below 500 damage with my +10 rapier.

What's really funny is that pretty much 98% of the higher BoB rank people are tryhards, most of the ones I saw were dual wielding mastodon/helix with buffs and GMB.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 04:12:27 pm by Vibe »

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: June 06, 2014, 04:29:15 pm »
+1
eh NG+ is easy since you know already how the bosses work, the only "hard" thing about it is the arbiter invasions every 5 minutes

EDIT: I see a lot less stupid shit in arena now, PvP has gotten a bit more pleasant. There's still tryhards but much less so I feel. The only thing that really bothers me as a pure melee (no buffs) build is Great Magic Barrier, that shit reduces so much damage it's not even funny. Put that on a heavy armored guy and I'll be backstabbing them for below 500 damage with my +10 rapier.

What's really funny is that pretty much 98% of the higher BoB rank people are tryhards, most of the ones I saw were dual wielding mastodon/helix with buffs and GMB.

what soul memory are you?

also uploaded this clip for you guys, i think it amusing

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: June 06, 2014, 04:57:44 pm »
what soul memory are you?