Author Topic: NA Admins These Days...  (Read 3321 times)

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: NA Admins These Days...
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2013, 05:13:48 pm »
+3
Wasn't Tanken the one who got super duper butthurt when Miley said some shit about him too?

People who get offended on the internet should get off the internet.

Offline betard_lulz

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 167
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2013, 05:18:53 pm »
EU should get off the internet.
yes, yes, we know that.

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2013, 05:26:47 pm »
But then we can't snoop on them. Can't trust those tricksy hobbits EU.

Offline betard_lulz

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2013, 05:33:36 pm »
But then we can't snoop on them. Can't trust those tricksy hobbits EU.
While we cant trust the hobbits to run the shire without good ol America to finance their stupidity I can tell you what is going on at any given time in the worst country of EU. The state of France is surrendering state of England is having tea and crumpets and the state of Russia is plotting to spread their BS for the people policitics which is really hey if we're all equal we will all suffer with a few at the very tip top controlling everything. But I digress. as for the rest of the states in EU they dont really matter cause they are all so small and haven't ever done much.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2013, 05:35:40 pm »
+4
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

this can't be good

Offline betard_lulz

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2013, 05:41:34 pm »
it is a good point though. we've got badmins running around like tydeus abusing the double standard that exists between players and admins.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2013, 07:43:20 pm »
+6
Time to make dessert themed character names.

It's NOT racist! If you think this name is anything other than an ice cream bar, you are a chocolate chip cookie!

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2013, 09:15:27 pm »
Time to make dessert themed character names.

It's NOT racist! If you think this name is anything other than an ice cream bar, you are a chocolate chip cookie!

This is a pretty golden example.  I can only imagine what would happen to a player if their name was 'Nogger_Black'.

I'll say it again though, no one is offended by his pasta name, some of us are confused as to how an admin could have a name that's so easily misconstrued.  I've seen people with names much less severe get banned, and personally I think that the easily misinterpreted underlying to the name "bundle of stickstini" is why Tydeus chose it.

Not to mention his behavior in game, which is completely unacceptable for an admin.  Someone else said it on the last page, but your job as an admin isn't just to ban people or make changes in the game, it's to set an example for the rest of the community.  TKing, let alone threatening to TK (even jokingly) is not something the community should feel is okay to do.  The incessant name calling and trolling is again, something that isn't going to help the community in the slightest, you're only setting a poor example for everyone else to follow.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2013, 09:51:20 pm »
Wasn't Tanken the one who got super duper butthurt when Miley said some shit about him too?

People who get offended on the internet should get off the internet.

I like how 2 years later, this will still haunt me. Yet Miley received a ban for saying it because it was real life information, as others have received bans for saying.

I've made my case Tydeus. Nothing you said was taken by the server as playful gestures, no matter how you try to spin that web. The only person on your side the entire time was Dreadnaught, which, is a nobody anyway.

I hope for your sake you straighten up and realize what you say, and display in game has an impact on the community and it's up to you to uphold the rules and standards that are meant to be in place--not weasel your way around them with borderline offensive names and harassment of other players. My argument was never "moral high ground vs. moral high ground" as you seemed to point out a few times. If that's what you thought this was about, you are ignorant. This whole thread is about YOU and YOUR actions and YOUR words that were said and the position YOU hold which you think gives you a shield to stand behind.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2013, 10:10:56 pm »
I like how 2 years later, this will still haunt me. Yet Miley received a ban for saying it because it was real life information, as others have received bans for saying.

I've made my case Tydeus. Nothing you said was taken by the server as playful gestures, no matter how you try to spin that web. The only person on your side the entire time was Dreadnaught, which, is a nobody anyway.

I hope for your sake you straighten up and realize what you say, and display in game has an impact on the community and it's up to you to uphold the rules and standards that are meant to be in place--not weasel your way around them with borderline offensive names and harassment of other players. My argument was never "moral high ground vs. moral high ground" as you seemed to point out a few times. If that's what you thought this was about, you are ignorant. This whole thread is about YOU and YOUR actions and YOUR words that were said and the position YOU hold which you think gives you a shield to stand behind.

Only YOU Can prevent Forum Fires!

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2013, 10:19:27 pm »
+5
blah blah

blah blah.

And you're a somebody? Is that it? You feel like you're above other members and because you're a somebody, you decided to make a thread about being slighted?

This has fuck all to do with how the community represents itself. It has much more to do with how butthurt you are.

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2013, 10:33:35 pm »
it is a good point though. we've got badmins running around like tydeus abusing the double standard that exists between players and admins.
We are also hundreds of hot-headed, drama-loving heroes with a latent anti-authority tendency running around on servers for way to long, accumulating steam from getting killed by another OP-class :wink:. We are people, who tend to get way to involved in online-gaming-worlds, often forgetting why we are playing in the first place, giving us the nerdy laugh at ourselfs a few days later  :mrgreen:
Which is why imo this case can not and should not be treated as an precedence for an badmin-witch-hunt. It might be still prove usefull as an opportunity to reassess oneself's  attitude to the game and towards other gamers, who are not so much unlike oneself   :o
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2013, 10:42:12 pm »
+1
As I see it, people are complaining that players that did nothing wrong are getting muted/kicked/banned for no reason whenever they say things that could be interpreted as racism by someone that wants to see it everywhere (read : lunatics like partyboy or smoothrich). Then when they see any admin with a similarly "borderline" name, they immediately assume it's because the admin hivemind applies a double standard.
Replace Smoothrich with Shik or BADPLAYER.

Also this isn't the 20th century, my old friend isn't much of a hateword anymore, grow the fuck up Tanken, what's even more funny about this shit is that I don't recall seeing one actual homosexual guy complain about the usage of the word my old friend, it's always smug white straight male retards who think they're the best fucking thing in existence, that complain about racism or sexism or homophobia.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 10:47:57 pm by Zlisch_The_Butcher »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2013, 10:54:34 pm »
+2
As pointless as this thread is, one thing is true : we, the cRPG community suck!  :twisted:

Some of us just suck more than others.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2013, 10:58:19 pm »
+2
Hey I like people who suck, I actively seek them out..why do people say it like it's a bad thing?
 - Stolen from Macropussy