Author Topic: ETA on nudge removal  (Read 3748 times)

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: ETA on nudge removal
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2013, 05:27:51 pm »
If you gave it to all classes, the glaring problems would've been revealed within an hour. By giving it to an obscure subsection you lengthen the time it takes to find the problem.

From a person who has designed surveys for the purposes of exposing problems, you don't target one particular audience, you target the broadest so you can get immediate feedback from a diversity of people.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2013, 05:30:38 pm »
If you gave it to all classes, the glaring problems would've been revealed within an hour. By giving it to an obscure subsection you lengthen the time it takes to find the problem.

From a person who has designed surveys for the purposes of exposing problems, you don't target one particular audience, you target the broadest so you can get immediate feedback from a diversity of people.

Then it would have taken a month or two to fix nonetheless.  Would you like a MONTH of this abuse from EVERYONE?

What you are saying makes sense, although think about it.  Everyone will defend things that make them better.  If everyone had the ability to do this nudge, then the feedback would be jaded and corrupted.

So they gave it to the least common class to get a more honest response.  (Not saying all of it is honest)

EDIT: I would also like to add that finding problems in programming is a lot different then finding problems within a community.  With programming, it is better to test small so that only small changes need to be made at a time to get things right.  It is better then putting in every program and then erasing all of it.  Sure, you get feedback faster.  Although it will still take longer to fix.  (We all know how slow they are already ;p)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 05:35:05 pm by Necrorave »

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2013, 05:33:09 pm »
+2
I think it would have revealed how bad it was with everyone having access to it. We just don't need mobile disables, it dumbs down the combat if someone can just run in and press a button for free hits for him or his team. The game should reward skillful use of abilities, while allowing people to use skill to counter. Nudge doesn't really fit into the overall combat imo

If they ninja patched kick to work as nudge does now, but just for certain classes people would have gone crazy. Add some cool animation though and its fine

I don't really believe the purpose for adding it is legit either, its like someone is on a crusade against melee players
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 05:37:44 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • Renown: 1611
  • Infamy: 495
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
    • http://alkislarlayasiyorum.com/icerik/60166/pepee-pepee-cok-uzuluyor
  • Faction: Pecores / Krems / hobo in the heart forever
  • Game nicks: something with PEPE inside
  • IRC nick: Pepejul
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2013, 05:38:26 pm »
Shield bash with no shield = genious
I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2013, 05:49:28 pm »
I don't really believe the purpose for adding it is legit either, its like someone is on a crusade against melee players

It was just to give new game mechanics.  They did a poll a long time ago and new game mechanics for combat was the top voted thing.

After that came exp/gold system I believe.  Not sure exactly.

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2013, 05:54:10 pm »
Then it would have taken a month or two to fix nonetheless.  Would you like a MONTH of this abuse from EVERYONE?

This is a bigger problem than nudge, then. If it takes that long to fix mechanics, then this should be tested much more before getting unleashed.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2013, 05:56:46 pm »
This is a bigger problem than nudge, then. If it takes that long to fix mechanics, then this should be tested much more before getting unleashed.

It was tested.  By Tydeus actually.  He felt it was alright at the time.  Although, once the community found a way chain in a kick with the freeze then they decided to fix it.  You said it yourself, it is better to send it out so you can get feedback.  A community VS a few devs is better and less biased.  Companies hire "Game Testers" and lots of them just so they can find ways to break the game or exploit something that they may have never thought of.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 06:00:42 pm by Necrorave »

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2013, 06:01:05 pm »
This was only able to be used by a small section of players because if given to all it would have fucked the game completely?

How is this possibly an argument for leaving it in? Im a bit confused now.

Lets add headbutt for poleusers which is instant and stuns for 3 seconds and if anyone complains just respond by going QQ. Just as sensible.

Change is not necessarily bad or good. Depends on the change. This one was bad so get rid.

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2013, 06:07:48 pm »
+3

You must be new here.

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2013, 06:22:30 pm »
Long enough to still vividly remember Merc_Shpongled (or however the fuck you spell his name) in full plate with a steel shield with long awlpike whipping out an arbalest and picking someone off as my first memorable crpg memory.

So is that long enough or is my opinion still worthless, my old ATS comrade.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2013, 06:54:02 pm »
+1
Paul/Tydeus (they're the same person anyhow) said 2h/poles would get different nudges, not identical ones, and Paul said he was waiting for Tydeus to make some anims or something.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2013, 07:28:15 pm »
Paul/Tydeus (they're the same person anyhow) said 2h/poles would get different nudges, not identical ones, and Paul said he was waiting for Tydeus to make some anims or something.
Definitely not the same person, Paul is an Amerifat. You're right though, currently I'm working on making the animations for other nudges and then after that we have some other goodies planned as well. Right now what I have completed is a two-handed pommel strike that originates from over the player's head and a pole-shove animation, much like a hockey cross check. Next on my list is a headbutt nudge.  8-)
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • Renown: 1611
  • Infamy: 495
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
    • http://alkislarlayasiyorum.com/icerik/60166/pepee-pepee-cok-uzuluyor
  • Faction: Pecores / Krems / hobo in the heart forever
  • Game nicks: something with PEPE inside
  • IRC nick: Pepejul
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2013, 08:32:05 pm »
+6
Please add :

- front kick nudge

- jump kick for ninjas

- backside hit with pole (especially double side ones ) on someone who is behind you and try to backstabb you like a bitch

I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2013, 10:45:51 pm »
Actually thought about both of those, particularly things that utilized the backside of the pole. Unfortunately, weapons like the boar spear and the pike which have completely different lengths past the hand, make this nearly impossible to do.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2013, 10:52:51 pm »
+1