Author Topic: [Ban] Multiple  (Read 894 times)

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
[Ban] Multiple
« on: June 15, 2013, 10:24:14 am »
I hereby do formally charge the undersigned names with map exploitation as in accordance with the first noted rule of the General Rule section of the Official Server Rules Thread. Namely that of endeavoring to repeatedly glitch in-side of buildings or out-side of the map.

No exploiting of any kind
NOT OK: Using a bug to gain undeserved benefits

It is not simply that they exploited this glitch, it is that they, with forethought and clarity of mind, did it round after round across multiple maps. Even to the point of influencing others to do likewise in order to counter them.

Main body of evidence

DL_Salfallen
(click to show/hide)

Tanken_Kutt
(click to show/hide)

Immortal_Pest
(click to show/hide)

Dracul_Artyem_Spahgettie_Mage
(click to show/hide)

RJ_Jimbob
(click to show/hide)

Mjolnir_AoW
(click to show/hide)

Jesus Christ
(click to show/hide)

Allers
(click to show/hide)

Strzecly
(click to show/hide)

Supplemental Evidence
http://imgur.com/a/hx487

Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
Re: [Ban] Multiple
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 10:36:37 am »
RJ and I only went there the last round to attempt to cut them off from going there and delaying the team--hence why you can see us readying our weapons over 1 particular spot.

We had no intentions of staying there the entire round. Also, you forgot a few players, most likely because they were friends in there?
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 10:37:37 am »
RJ and I only went there the last round to attempt to cut them off from going there and delaying the team--hence why you can see us readying our weapons over 1 particular spot.

We had no intentions of staying there the entire round. Also, you forgot a few players, most likely because they were friends in there?

Whom did I forget?

Edit: I really don't feel taking part in their rule breaking was the appropriate response. In fact one round the team simply waited for the flags and won with that method.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 10:42:59 am by Sparvico »
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 10:40:19 am »
I'm not going to incriminate anyone because I'm not going to cry about something this insignificant. I agree, it was stupid and it was killing the server population. That map and subsequent maps were abused which really was ball-busting for everyone whom wasn't doing it. The problem really lies here that we had no online admins that could put an end to it as it was happening so it just continued to happen.

Added in response to your Edit: It worked this way too and sped up the map which was taking entirely too long.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 10:42:45 am »
I'm not going to incriminate anyone because I'm not going to cry about something this insignificant. I agree, it was stupid and it was killing the server population. That map and subsequent maps were abused which really was ball-busting for everyone whom wasn't doing it. The problem really lies here that we had no online admins that could put an end to it as it was happening so it just continued to happen.

Hence my thread. If it had been one round I would have shrugged it off, but repeated exploiting over multiple rounds and maps deserves a response and the Ban Section is the place for that if no admins are online.

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 10:46:16 am »

It is not simply that they exploited this glitch, it is that they, with forethought and clarity of mind, did it round after round across multiple maps. Even to the point of influencing others to do likewise in order to counter them.

This is the only case I'm arguing. You should have known the difference when making this thread between actual offenders and those who only used it to cut them off. Lumping this many players together when it was actually only 3 people constantly doing it in an exploitative manner is just stretching for reasons to get people banned. RJ and I were fully aware that what we were doing was to counter them, not to exploit the glitch.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 10:48:38 am »
This is the only case I'm arguing. You should have known the difference when making this thread between actual offenders and those who only used it to cut them off. Lumping this many players together when it was actually only 3 people constantly doing it an exploitative manner is just stretching for reasons to get people banned. RJ and I were fully aware that what we were doing was to counter them, not to exploit the glitch.

In doing it to counter them you exploited the glitch in the same way that they had. When someone commits a crime you do not answer it with a like crime. In glitching into the building you were simply feeding their desire to exploit by lowering yourself to their level.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 10:56:28 am by Sparvico »

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 10:52:53 am »
their*

But I've made my point, I don't have to justify it to you. There are really only 3 people who should receive any form of punishment from this, and you only have 2 of them listed.

Admins can serve whatever they feel is deserved, I have no qualms with that. I just felt compelled to share the story of why myself, RJ, and Artyem were there that one round.

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 11:26:28 am »
There were maybe two people annoyed by this, including you. There was no delaying, and the spot was not hard to get to nor unreachable. In fact, I don't believe this breaks any kind of rules considering it's

1. Not out of the map
2. Not an exploit
3. Not used to gain advantage or with malicious intent
4. Not used for long lengths of time or staying in there when last alive
5. No kind of bro-coding, everyone inside the church fought it out deathmatch style

Lastly if you were truly mad enough at people having fun you could have used the opportunity to use words and ask us to stop instead of taking pictures and trying to be an internet hall monitor.

If admins want to ban anyone, ban me because those screenshots really have no context and none of those people deserve a ban. I was the one encouraging people to fight inside.

And in the 50+ screenshots you'll notice not one person complaining. So why should anyone get banned because of some passive aggressive scumbag who clearly wants as many people to get banned as possible (not including his own friends of course)?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 11:35:46 am by Penguin »
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 11:58:40 am »

1. Not out of the map
2. Not an exploit
3. Not used to gain advantage or with malicious intent
4. Not used for long lengths of time or staying in there when last alive
5. No kind of bro-coding, everyone inside the church fought it out deathmatch style

(click to show/hide)
In this shot we see Jesus and a few others in a spot that the enemy team cannot reach because of an invisible barrier.
Clearly not the way the map was designed to be played.
(click to show/hide)
Hitting people without them being able to see you because you are inside a building is gaining an advantage over them with malicious intent.
Fair enough.
Fair enough.

Lastly if you were truly mad enough at people having fun you could have used the opportunity to use words and ask us to stop instead of taking pictures and trying to be an internet hall monitor.

If admins want to ban anyone, ban me because those screenshots really have no context and none of those people deserve a ban. I was the one encouraging people to fight inside.

Forgive me but I have never found you to be responsive to people asking you to stop doing something (I like you btw, I simply will not allow my fondness for you to let you get away with exploiting). I asked twice in admin chat if an admin was on and if they could say something to you about it, and there was apparently no admin on. The next logical step for reporting rule violations is the ban section. I did not post here to cause drama but rather because of your blatant disregard for rules that everyone else follows.

And in the 50+ screenshots you'll notice not one person complaining. So why should anyone get banned because of some passive aggressive scumbag who clearly wants as many people to get banned as possible (not including his own friends of course)?

Admins have asked you in the past not to go in the church, and I did not do this because I want to get as many people banned as possible. In fact I really only feel allers and you deserve a ban, however it would  be unconscionable of me to post a ban thread for you and not them because they used the same exploit you did, albeit to a lesser extent.

As to this "friend" that you and taken are referencing I would like to see some evidence (such as I have supplied) or at least a name to back up your wild accusations. 

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Canuck
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 12:11:34 pm »
I suppose if the admins do deem this banworthy, Tanken is right.

There are really only 3 people who should receive any form of punishment from this, and you only have 2 of them listed.

Admins can serve whatever they feel is deserved, I have no qualms with that. I just felt compelled to share the story of why myself, RJ, and Artyem were there that one round.

I was also part of the defence of the church. So was a pretty decent part of the server. We didn't attack people on the outside from inside the walls, there was no delaying or bro coding with people on the other team, (as Jesus stated and Sparvico's pictures show pretty clearly) we just went up into and through the church and fought. Most of the guys listed in this thread really only went up in there to surprise us or fight with us and deserve no punishment at all. The fact that so many people were able to get in there shows that it isn't really all that much of a problem as far as map bugs go. I hope you admins look down with your benevolent eyes and see FUN instead of BAN.

PEACE AND LOVE

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2013, 12:15:07 pm »
I suppose if the admins do deem this banworthy, Tanken is right.

I was also part of the defence of the church. So was a pretty decent part of the server. We didn't attack people on the outside from inside the walls, there was no delaying or bro coding with people on the other team, (as Jesus stated and Sparvico's pictures show pretty clearly) we just went up into and through the church and fought. Most of the guys listed in this thread really only went up in there to surprise us or fight with us and deserve no punishment at all. The fact that so many people were able to get in there shows that it isn't really all that much of a problem as far as map bugs go. I hope you admins look down with your benevolent eyes and see FUN instead of BAN.

PEACE AND LOVE

Really? You must have stopped when I said I started taking screenshots. Dammit man, using ts against me and then owing up to it on the forums. Decent prick.

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Canuck
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2013, 12:17:26 pm »
I didn't actually think you would post a ban thread when you said you were taking screenies, figured you would just cool off and leave it be. But I guess that's the fuckin' way she goes

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2013, 12:20:29 pm »
(click to show/hide)
In this shot we see Jesus and a few others in a spot that the enemy team cannot reach because of an invisible barrier.
You see people running towards the enemy team because they are the last alive. Which is all that is ever asked by admins, not to delay the round when you are the last alive. Again in a reachable spot that was clearly put there by the map maker as a fun little easter egg.
(click to show/hide)
Hitting people without them being able to see you because you are inside a building is gaining an advantage over them with malicious intent.
You can't hit people through solid scene objects like that, and if you could I wouldn't do such a thing. I'm holding a long maul and jumping towards 3 enemies.

I asked twice in admin chat if an admin was on and if they could say something to you about it, and there was apparently no admin on. The next logical step for reporting rule violations is the ban section. I did not post here to cause drama but rather because of your blatant disregard for rules that everyone else follows.
You forget the first logical step, asking people to stop. Using big boy words would take much less effort than going into spectate and trying to take a bunch of pictures to get people banned.

As to this "friend" that you and taken are referencing I would like to see some evidence (such as I have supplied) or at least a name to back up your wild accusations.
I don't believe you are this stupid, but why would I have "evidence" against someone doing something that I have no problem with nor believe it to be against the rules? Maybe I should ask admins to subpoena the NSA and have them deliver the snippet from their live feed of my computer activities?
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2013, 12:32:59 pm »
I didn't actually think you would post a ban thread when you said you were taking screenies, figured you would just cool off and leave it be. But I guess that's the fuckin' way she goes

Well the church map started it, but then I came back in the server to them doing the same on another map, and I decided to post the thread. I only put as many names as I did because it would be a lie of omission to not mention the other people that did also go into the church since they broke the same rule. I find being completely truthful to be the best policy when posting ban threads. Which I don't enjoy doing because now Jesus hates me :(

(click to show/hide)

You see people running towards the enemy team because they are the last alive. Which is all that is ever asked by admins, not to delay the round when you are the last alive. Again in a reachable spot that was clearly put there by the map maker as a fun little easter egg.

I seriously doubt that being able to get inside there was an intentional easter egg. Even so, you still were able to launch surprise attacks from a spot that you got to using an exploit.

You forget the first logical step, asking people to stop. Using big boy words would take much less effort than going into spectate and trying to take a bunch of pictures to get people banned.

Forgive me but I have never found you to be responsive to people asking you to stop doing something (I like you btw, I simply will not allow my fondness for you to let you get away with exploiting, which you often do).

I don't believe you are this stupid, but why would I have "evidence" against someone doing something that I have no problem with nor believe it to be against the rules? Maybe I should ask admins to subpoena the NSA and have them deliver the snippet from their live feed of my computer activities?

I was merely pointing out that I have supplied evidence, you have nothing but hearsay.

As to why I did not notice Canuck doing it as well I have no explanation. I was aware that he was aware of it (us being in TS together) and if he was doing it with you before I started taking screenshots I should have noticed. I am really not sure how I didn't to be honest. To frustrated with the map exploiting I guess.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 12:50:57 pm by Sparvico »