Poll

Choose the 2 classes you find most OP in game currently. 5 days from now poll closes.

xbow on foot
26 (4.4%)
xbow on horseback
158 (26.7%)
2hander on foot
128 (21.6%)
2hander on horseback
22 (3.7%)
polearm on foot
31 (5.2%)
polearm / shield on horseback
12 (2%)
archer on foot
12 (2%)
archer on horseback
12 (2%)
1hander shielder on foot
13 (2.2%)
1hander shielder on horseback
48 (8.1%)
hoplite
49 (8.3%)
thrower on foot
17 (2.9%)
thrower on horseback
12 (2%)
1hander without shield
52 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 374

Voting closed: June 18, 2013, 12:16:20 am

Author Topic: What class is OP  (Read 9149 times)

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
Re: What class is OP
« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2013, 07:18:34 pm »
+4
this poll is just to see how the forum using community thinks, no real conclusion will be pulled out of it. also if u give a nooby a 2hander or if u give a nooby an xbow on foot or horse, i can guarantee he will fair better with the point and click ranged than with the 2hander. people are considering 2hander op because u can spam with it, imo you can do the same with any 4 direction polearm.

Have you even used polearm animations compared to 2h?

lol

Hxbow noob vs 2h noob in battlefield effectiveness.

2h wins, get out. It's easier to mash left click and do maximum damage regardless of positioning/direction of swing with 2h than any other melee class. & aiming/judging distance/movement/arc/ is a lot harder than pushing your character model up against another one while left clicking.

:)

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2013, 07:19:29 pm »
i wont even go into discussion with you, what the hell
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2013, 07:21:40 pm »
i wont even go into discussion with you, what the hell
:(

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #108 on: June 14, 2013, 07:26:30 pm »
youre saying that somone new to crpg, mount and blade, will be better at the melee combat that at ranged combat, i am just baffled by that. most gamers have played a shooter in their lives but nothing like this melee. specially in crpg if a newbie goes a class with manual block he will get stomped hard, as ranged he can atleast hit some stuff before enemy gets in melee range.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #109 on: June 14, 2013, 08:30:24 pm »
+9
youre saying that somone new to crpg, mount and blade, will be better at the melee combat that at ranged combat, i am just baffled by that. most gamers have played a shooter in their lives but nothing like this melee. specially in crpg if a newbie goes a class with manual block he will get stomped hard, as ranged he can atleast hit some stuff before enemy gets in melee range.

I'd have to agree with him. Sure they may have played a shooter, but ranged in c-RPG is much different than any run of the mill shooter. He's probably going to miss a LOT, and when he does hit, probably won't do much damage. Not to mention if he ever gets caught in melee he will probably die immediately. If a new user runs say a 24/15 2H build, sure he won't be able to block, but you get that player in a blob, he starts smashing left click, he's gonna do some damage, and oftentimes get kills. Seen it many times before!
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2013, 08:33:32 pm »
pushing your character model up against another one while left clicking.

sounds like 1h to me  :mrgreen:
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2013, 08:46:17 pm »
+1
Boycott Hoplitism 2013

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2013, 09:04:58 pm »
+1

Shooter? PewPewing with a xbow or bow in Warband is different than with a CoD machinegun you silly. They arent even on the same planet. And Applesauce is correct. One of the main arguments some people throw is that 2h has to manualblock, therefor it is not OP. Which is just wrong.

Newbies or always 2h players dont get that the 2h is OP. Neither did I for quite some time. I remember going "Gsword is so not OP, you are out of your minds". While the veteranplayers kept saying otherwise. After kinda playing mostly all classes atleast one gen, im  spotting quite a bit of difference here.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 14, 2013, 09:13:26 pm »
+2
Have you even used polearm animations compared to 2h?

lol

Hxbow noob vs 2h noob in battlefield effectiveness.

2h wins, get out. It's easier to mash left click and do maximum damage regardless of positioning/direction of swing with 2h than any other melee class. & aiming/judging distance/movement/arc/ is a lot harder than pushing your character model up against another one while left clicking.

:)

from this post all I can tell is that you spam poles badly. Polearms: easier to play rangegame than 2h

But methinks you dost stack STR. Polearms are really nice, to say that 2h is OP over polearms is silly: 2handers are easier to use, but not OVER POWERED when compared with polearms. Polearms have nice range, selection of damage types, many can be combined with shields, they hit way earlier in animation (causing noobs to glance, hence why they think 2h OP, but easier does not mean OP, its just easier), many rear horses (insta death to many cav), and are all around badass weapons. Currently 1h is OP because nundge is broken, because it has no counter, it is OVER POWERED. lets not get down to arguin like you have started here, that you find something easier and therefor its OP.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 09:24:25 pm by BlindGuy »
I don't know enough

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 14, 2013, 09:14:54 pm »
Tanks man. Tanks.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 14, 2013, 09:27:27 pm »
+1
To those so worried about hoplites: in a 1v1 do you fear hoplites? really? its only downblock...if they put shield away and use 4 direction or 2 directions: how is that different to fighting other polearms. If you hate that they gank: campaign for them to be buffed. Hoplites teamhit a lot because you just cannot tell where the spear will go sometimes, get them a buff and the teamkilling would end the problem.

If you really DO fear them 1v1, go to shop, 2handed section, 1.5k gold: Maul. End of all problems.
I don't know enough

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #116 on: June 14, 2013, 09:45:15 pm »
Please devs, give me one nerf ticket. I beg you..

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #117 on: June 14, 2013, 10:51:08 pm »
When I say a 150 degree angle in front of you, I mean 75 degrees to each side. I am pretty sure downblock doesn't get you the full 90 degrees of coverage to each side. Shields do, almost. So I think we're on the same page here unless you mean 45 degrees to each side.

I haven't tested with downblock, but with an upblock a weapon can cover 180 degrees exactly. A shield covers 90 degrees on the left side and maybe 70 degrees or so on the right hand side. So at least for upblocks the shield coverage is less than a weapon.

Offline Lannistark

• Duke
  • Renown: 586
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Duke
« Reply #118 on: June 15, 2013, 12:07:15 am »
+2
I think if you added an option for "Longsword" stand alone, and another for 2h in general, most would start to see a trend there...

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 15, 2013, 12:14:23 am »
+2
but: longsword, bastards, katanas: they all spam nice but nothing that cannot be easily be countered by a nice overhead from a maul.

Honestly, no kidding: Maul is what's for breakfast lunch and tea. It defeats ANY other weapon: fighting a big weapon? spam them. Fighting a spam weapon? crush 'em. If maul cannot get the job done, its gonna take catapults.

Infact, yes, catapults OP.
I don't know enough