Author Topic: Looking for Wurm Online buddies  (Read 4816 times)

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
Re: Looking for Wurm Online buddies
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2013, 09:25:24 pm »
Awesome, I hope you have some animals I can make attack me so I can grind my shield skill inbetween my shifts of mining and woodcutting :D.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2013, 09:50:52 pm »
Awesome, I hope you have some animals I can make attack me so I can grind my shield skill inbetween my shifts of mining and woodcutting :D.

We have plenty of pigs, cows & bulls that you can punch.

I've run it by Vinnie as well, he is happy for people to come across, he says I can perma-ban you if you misbehave so, you know.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2013, 03:28:48 am »
You've not got much to worry about, I don't play games to be a douchebag. Oh wait, I'm a Horse Archer in cRPG, I have no valid argument.  :D

But yeah, I am well behaved and I would like to think at least reasonably mature, at least being 27 years of age I hope I am  :lol:, but I've been in the Fallen Brigade since it was about 2 weeks old and I've never been in the bad books so to speak. You've got nothing to worry about.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2013, 03:38:23 am »
no body answered my question of what the difference between this and haven/salem is :(

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2013, 04:03:17 am »
+2
You've not got much to worry about, I don't play games to be a douchebag. Oh wait, I'm a Horse Archer in cRPG, I have no valid argument.  :D

But yeah, I am well behaved and I would like to think at least reasonably mature, at least being 27 years of age I hope I am  :lol:, but I've been in the Fallen Brigade since it was about 2 weeks old and I've never been in the bad books so to speak. You've got nothing to worry about.

I know! I wasn't being serious, they'd have my head anyway! :P

no body answered my question of what the difference between this and haven/salem is :(

Erm... Hard to explain since they're similarly skill focused but there is certainly a lot of differences. I mean, besides the 3D aspect, you've got far more skills, you level up those skills by doing things, not waiting for curious to tick by.
I think those are the major differences to start off with, I mean you've got your usual terraforming (much more towards what Salem tried to do) but you also have things like world events that happen, much better on Epic, as long as a meteor or a God doesn't take a particular disliking towards you and your deed...

Although I must admit it is hilarious to be following someone as a mission is completed and have the God suddenly decided "fuck you in particular" and spawn five giant... "things" on top of your friend. That yelp of both surprise and fear I shall never forget, talking about what we should do when we get back to the settlement, sudden lightning strike & a flash of light, yelp of friend as he disappears from view behind the giant mobs.

Or the champion eagle spirit that I ran through a settlement by mistake that then proceeded to kill off all the inhabitants simply because they couldn't keep up with my horse... I ran straight to Vinnie typing frantically about a giant ghost eagle eating "The Germans". We ran between guard towers as this thing ate it's way around our island. The damned thing had this awful ability to wing buffet and launch players from their horses. Christ, where people ended up while fighting was ridiculous.

Anyway...

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2013, 08:03:22 pm »
What timezone are you in Tenne? I assumed GMT but then I thought maybe you're studying abroad? lol.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2013, 08:52:37 pm »
What timezone are you in Tenne? I assumed GMT but then I thought maybe you're studying abroad? lol.

No, I'm in the UK. GMT since we just got set back last night.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2013, 10:12:44 pm »
Yeah I am in UK too. I'm gonna be around on tuesday from morning to late afternoon and also will be on thursday night til late so hopefully catch you on one of those gaming times lol.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2014, 04:13:36 pm »
Got an email, wish I had more time to actually play games so I could check this out:

On Thursday 10/4 at 22.00 hrs CEST we will test a Mega Sized Server and want you to help us out! The size we are testing is 16 times the size of our current largest servers. That's pretty badass.

Our current largest servers are 16×16 kilometers, and this new map is 64×64 kilometers, or 4096 square kilometers, non-instanced, single zone fully modifiable, living terrain!

We want to see how many players can be on the server simultaneously and see how bad the lag gets on the client and server under heavy load. There will also be 50 000 creatures roaming the wilderness (which is a fairly low population in Wurm terms).

NO REGISTRATION WILL BE REQUIRED FOR JOINING THE TEST! You will just have to type in your desired nickname and a random password and click play once we provide the link to the client used for the test.

Apart from the fact that no other MMO has ever launched a modifyable map of this size, running this many players in one game zone is pretty unusual in itself and will be an interesting experience. We strongly suggest you join in.

We will livestream the event on www.twitch.tv/codeclub.

In case all goes well we’ll consider releasing the server within a few weeks after some more testing and tweaking.

We will post a link to the game client used for these tests on our launcher and in the news section of the web site approximately half an hour before the test goes live. Note that this test will last approximately one hour and the server will be made unavailable afterwards and the database will probably be wiped.

Hope you can make it!

The Wurm Online Team
 - Stolen from Macropussy