Author Topic: A Warrior's Path - CRPG CYOA  (Read 8860 times)

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
Re: A Warrior's Path - CRPG CYOA
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2013, 08:12:03 am »
+2
WITCHCRAFT is such a tease.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2013, 10:23:33 am »
+7
I haven't had time to draw recently, but trust me, I am not abandoning this thread. I've just been working double shifts and then once I get home I'm still busy. Barely made it to any strat battles in the last few weeks either. I have had plenty of time to brainstorm about the possibilities of each route though, so the next update will be a doozy. No matter which option is picked.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2013, 08:41:00 am »
+1
FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS!

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2013, 07:41:21 am »
+13
I have weekends off (barring extra shifts) for the rest of the summer! Expect regular updates at least once a week! Unless I'm camping. Here's the votes since our story last carried off:

Farmers vs Weeaboos: IIII
SEA RAIDERS: IIIII IIIII I
Assist the Collector: IIII
Swamp Bandits: I

You leave the Collector on good terms. He welcomes you to assist him in further ventures when you safely return. The northern coast is only a day or two from the capitol city on foot. This is why it is so important for the empire to defend it - invaders by sea could seize the capitol in short order. Along the way, you meet several other hopeful members of the militia. They tell you the rumors they've heard:

"The sea raiders are preparing for retreat!"

"They've sat on their boat for over a week! The sea raiders are cowards!"

Your confidence soars, and you stride towards the northern coast with vigor. All you'll have to do is show up for duty, collect your wage, and watch the enemy navy retreat! This will be a piece of cake compared to what you've been through. When you arrive at the coastal outpost, you settle in with your fellow militia members. Around the campfire, a veteran tells a spooky story to scare newcomers:

"The sea raiders aren't retreating. They're waiting for backup. We captured one of 'em, and the bastard said they have some kinda monster that will eat anything in front of it! People, animals, buildings, dirt. It'll just swallow 'em whole! Bastard must be delusional, or lying to get out of his certain death! Ha ha ha!"

You and several other new recruits shudder. Beyond the feeble light of the campfire, anything seems possible. In your mind, impossibly large shadows lurk just beyond the flame's reach. You fall into a fitful sleep, and awake early the next morning to act as a guard during the morning shift. After a breakfast of oatmeal and dried fruit, you patrol the coast just outside town. The sea raider longboats drift on the horizon, never making a move. As you begin to doze off behind a fence post, someone a little further down the coast yells. You perk up and look on the horizon.

Some THING is wading across the ocean, only ankle deep. The sea raider boats look like toys floating in a child's bathwater. Your skin prickles with dread and anticipation. Despite its size, this creature is treading towards the coast at incredible speed. Once it gets here you have no chance of outrunning it. Soldiers armed with bows and crossbows release volley after volley of shots. The creature shifts its weight and catches the arrows and bolts with its immense shoulder, showing no signs of damage or pain. As it lumbers towards the coast its outline begins to tower over you. And the tallest guard member. And the church steeple. It's.. a giant! It breaches the coast right in front of you! Several soldiers flee into the wilderness, screaming like madmen! The giant slams a building to dust, then its dinner-plate sized eyes settle on you.

"MY NAME IS EATS-THE-MOUNTAIN, BECAUSE I DO. AND ONCE YOU'RE DEAD I'LL EAT YOU TOO!" His voice resonates through the earth, shaking you to the bones. It hurts to hear him talk. He is barely clothed; a loincloth consisting of a whole cowskin covers his waist. Bands on his wrist and arm are hung heavy with dead knights and peasants alike; some kind of grisly charms. You cower uselessly behind your board shield until his enormous arm swings towards you. A building topples like a pile of twigs. His log-sized fingers curl around you, and he raises you level with his face. Every pulsing vein is visible in the whites of his eye. His breath smells like moldy hay. You are growing dizzy as the giant's hand constricts you.

"YOU LOOK CRUNCHY. I WILL ENJOY THIS SNACK!" says the giant. You begin to feel almost as if you are no longer present. You can see your own body being crushed in the giant's hand. Your past flashes before your eyes - your family left behind in a no-name backwater town. Your caravan friends, taken too early from this earth by bandits. You won't join them. Not yet.
A power wells up within you, and you manage to unsheathe your sword.

With two hands, you drive it down into the giant's knuckles. The blade lurches to one side and it rends flesh, pushing around the cartilage and bone in his hand. The giant loosens his grip for a second, staring in disbelief.

This is your chance!

You climb up the giant's arm. Over his mountainous shoulder. Your chance to flee has long since passed. You put everything into this attack. With a leap and a dive, you push the blade into the giant's eye.

It bends and bursts open like overcooked haggis. Retinal fluid and blood flow down the blade and cover your body. The giant groans and exhales one last time, before tipping forward like a felled tree. The impact with the ground knocks you out cold.

When you awake, the militia and the local population stands around you. Their looks of concern and pity turn into smiles as you wobble to your feet. They erupt into cheer when you raise your sword over your head, still holding the impaled oculus of the giant. That night, the meadhall flows with drink and good food. A courier is sent to the king himself to tell of your feats. The sea raiders' longboats have disappeared over the horizon. The unearthly giant lies dead on the shore. This is all your doing.

Although this is an incredible victory, you still have trouble sleeping at night. Phantoms of the past haunt you. Desert bandits mow down your allies, leaving you alone in an empty blue field. What should you do next?

Hunt down the bandits that killed your friends? Surely they can't be as strong as that giant...
Visit the king - his courier will reach you eventually, but if you meet him in person maybe he will help your noble cause of vengeance.
Return to the Collector - His offer may still stand. If not, he will gladly offer more business to you.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 06:29:07 am by A_Hot_Elf_Princess »

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2013, 11:03:11 am »
+2
Do we know anything about the King? If people seem to think well of the King then it's time to pay him a visit!

Offline Henry_Broodsonson

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsfhny3oz3o
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2013, 12:29:11 pm »
+1
"And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him I will give power over the nations..."

Offline teale

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 5
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fenris_Teale, Fenris_Leach, Fenris_Leachy
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2013, 01:14:37 pm »
+4
There is more adventure to be had here, I'd say go to the the merchant who brought your Amulet, ask him about the king, steal the amulet, go to the king and... Shove the amulet up his anus. See how that pans out.  :rolleyes:

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2013, 01:15:32 pm »
+2

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2013, 01:23:33 pm »
DEFINITELY the PROFIT KING! (How could I mistake PROFIT King with profit... :rolleyes: )

Meeting the PROFITKing is always good, especially after such a heroic deed (damn, again made the same mistake...  :twisted: ). This surely would result in PROFITsomething good.

(click to show/hide)
Why would you post a visualization of fractal? This story is ANYTHING but random! 8-)

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2013, 01:27:30 pm »
+1
I am Alexandros AND Pythia  8-)

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2013, 01:38:55 pm »
+4
They need proof?

Still don't believe?

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2013, 02:09:09 pm »
+6
Visit the KING! Whatever kind of king he is, he will reward me for pwning a giant. Mebbe he give me a shiny new flamberge?

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2013, 02:47:23 pm »
Visit the King, try putting the giant's eye up his butt
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2013, 03:34:23 pm »
Visit the king but along they way get the shit beaten out of your skinny white ass by "bandits" who capture you and inform you of a conspiracy (the king is dodgy as fuck). You dont have to believe them but you have no choice other than to stick with them for a while or starve in the forest. Also you might meet a love interest through this somehow (maybe save her from the more rugged members of your new party).
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2013, 01:41:32 am »
+2
Challenge the king to a battle of wits, wager your giant's eye against one of his treasures!