Author Topic: A Warrior's Path - CRPG CYOA  (Read 8883 times)

Offline Fuma Kotaro

• Marshall
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm Fubadubbaduma
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Duck
  • Game nicks: Fuma + sth
  • IRC nick: sF_Leonidas
Re: A Warrior's Path - CRPG CYOA
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 03:40:16 pm »
+3
i love your writing style <3
the yet unknown legend shall take this amulet as a talisman while recruiting veterans and other experienced fighters to avenge his lost friends that he has just found

(could you write a story about a glorious duck in calradia trying to help the underpressed rhodoks? :))
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2013, 06:15:01 am »
+7
The Natives grow restless Witch. They demand more of your tales from The Beyond.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2013, 09:14:45 am »
Wear the amulett around your neck so it dangling between your breasts will allways remember you about your first battle and bloodshead.
Beacuse you do not want to go back to your father as a defeated mercenary you keep wandering the land and search for a new crew that will hire you.

Excuse me sir, have you ever seen boobs not in a National Geographic magazine? because those are horrendous.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2013, 09:42:44 am »
+9
Votes:

Sell: IV
Hide: I
Return: II
Keep: I

You decide to sell the amulet. Your imagination runs wild as you ponder what you could get for it. A sword of the finest make! Plate armor! A huge fortress! Okay, maybe that's going a little too far. But once you hawk this thing for some gear, you'll be one of the most sought-after mercenaries in the land! Fame and fortune will come easy. The caravan was headed to Ferron city, the capitol.

After lighting a tiny symbolic pyre and praying for all the dead that lay before you, you head onward to the capitol. The large population ensures that you will find someone to buy the amulet. You can also alert the trade guild that the caravan was ambushed.

Traveling alone is scary. As you wander the dusty road towards Ferron, you tense up every time you see another traveler approaching. Any one of them could be a bandit... a murderer... Despite their friendly faces and demeanor, you pass by all who you meet quickly and in silence.

You dream of dark figures on horseback, swords raised above their heads... A bandit removes his turban to reveal the inhumanly wide grin of the amulet's face. There are too many teeth! You jump awake, drenched in a cold sweat. The amulet smirks, wrapped in your hand. From fingetip to shoulder, your arm is numb. Gotta get rid of this thing, fast.

After several days' travel, you reach Ferron city. It is bigger than you could have ever imagined! The walls surrounding the city seem impenetrable. Once you pass through the main gate, the smell hits you. Smoke. White-hot iron. Manure. More smoke. It's terrible. A giant forge sits beneath a rain cover, spilling heat across the city. People shout and scream in many languages - selling, seeking, buying, crying. Despite all the filth and clutter, you are impressed. This city must be Man's greatest achievement!

You make a quick circuit around the main streets, seeing the sights and taking note of places you might be able to sell this awful amulet. An hour later, you come to rest in a secluded garden. There is nowhere silent in this city, but at least it is a little quieter here. As you bite into the sootiest loaf of bread you've ever eaten, you wonder...

Should you sell the amulet:
At a tavern? Drunks have notoriously poor judgement; find the right buyer and you will make bank!
To a shady theft-fence? He will probably try to rip you off, but there will be no questions asked. It's a safe transfer.
To a collector of curios and oddities? This is risky; if you find a deeply religious buyer they may be horrified that you are holding a pagan artifact of power and alert the authorities... However, you will receive top dollar if they want the amulet...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 09:51:01 am by A_Hot_Elf_Princess »

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2013, 09:47:37 am »
+1
Tavern obviously, because it's the worst choice ever

Offline Alexander_TheGreat_

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
  • Please, its just a Phase in my life
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar(F)union
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2013, 09:50:10 am »
+3
i wouldn't sell it - YET
Bring this pagan artifact to a monastery to be cleansed?

find out what it is before you sell it, maybe you will find out that lord dickhead in dickland city wants it and offer a feif or whatever for it. Maybe its an artifact which gives sex appeal. Maybe you can sell it for 10 gold in the tavern, but maybe its 10 billion gold worth. In case you find out that its not even more than 1 gold worth, you go to the tavern and try to rip people off.

Sounds like a plan!
I never join a clan twice, I am the most loyal player ever
I am asian I am strong
I am a Kalmar for these 2 weeks
I am cute, I am sexy
I am Phase!

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2013, 09:54:51 am »
+5
i wouldn't sell it - YET

Another option! Do you want to have the amulet appraised? You aren't sure if it is stolen or cursed or what, so getting a price check could make things easier... but it could also backfire just like selling to the wrong collector.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2013, 10:05:56 am »
+8
Have the amulet appraised by a traveling fortune teller on the outskirts of the town! Their readings are famously reliable and not vague at all.

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 10:16:43 am »
+5
Definitely collector. Seeing as you are cool with aquiring cool trinkets - he will hire you again! Proffits!  :lol: (also - fuck the danger, you can always stab him if he makes noises  :twisted: )

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2013, 10:24:03 am »
+2
Go in town, find a merchant and repeatedly sell and buy him things for 1 gold until you learn the correct travia skill to identify the amulet

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2013, 10:58:56 am »
+1
Sell it to a collector; who else would buy this hideous and obviously evil thing?

Offline Everkistus

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No good deed goes unpunished
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Everkistus
  • IRC nick: Everkistus
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2013, 11:00:10 am »
+1
Agreed, sell to a collector.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2013, 11:35:18 am »
+1
Gonna have to go balls deep with these fine gentlemen and show it to a collector.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2013, 01:24:57 pm »
+1

Excuse me sir, have you ever seen boobs not in a National Geographic magazine? because those are horrendous.

Excuse me sir, but this is not the 'critisice my little drawing' thread. But if you do so could you please be some more specific? Are they to big or to small, hanging too low or too high, too saggy or to asymetric?
And by the way I have never read National Geographic. So what do you want to imply with this? Isn't it a magazine about Nature? So the boobs in there are wrong??? I don't get it.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2013, 02:05:46 pm »
+6
These drawings are the cutest thing!