Author Topic: MURRICCA c-rpg clan league - If you build it they will come  (Read 33567 times)

Offline Ad1no

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 284
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Of The Codex
  • Game nicks: The_Sosarian_Knight
  • IRC nick: Sosarian
Re: MURRICCA c-rpg clan league - If you build it they will come
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2013, 02:41:10 am »
+1
what kinda shit is this gear restriction? favoring your own class shine with this 40k bullshit? worthless league

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2013, 02:49:16 am »
I felt the 40k gold limit was pretty annoying. Made me mostly useless.

Aye. I agree. I have to either bring a useless 1h wep and literally a peasant shirt in order to bring an unloomed heavy xbow, or i can use a worthless unloomed hunting xbow (and my blue pajamas for armour) which apparently does 1/10th of peoples HP with pointblank headshots.

meanwhile 2H/pole master race just run around in their heavy armour with their trusty 2h/pole as per usual. I sad.

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2013, 03:30:56 am »
PRO wins in a absolute rout of the Ravens. 3 - 0 first map, 3 - 0 second map. Not a good night for us.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2013, 03:46:36 am »
We can bump up limit if it seems to be disadvantaging range but remember range is very strong in 8v8. One bolt or arrow hit that takes off 1/2 someone's health is significant.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2013, 05:29:16 am »
Aye. I agree. I have to either bring a useless 1h wep and literally a peasant shirt in order to bring an unloomed heavy xbow, or i can use a worthless unloomed hunting xbow (and my blue pajamas for armour) which apparently does 1/10th of peoples HP with pointblank headshots.

meanwhile 2H/pole master race just run around in their heavy armour with their trusty 2h/pole as per usual. I sad.
what kinda shit is this gear restriction? favoring your own class shine with this 40k bullshit? worthless league
40k is what we had at the time the league was created, and it's a hot topic among the committee but we felt like it was worth starting the season with the 40k cap and seeing how it goes & if we need to adjust.  We were thinking about the possibility of bumping it slightly to 45k to give ranged a bit more breathing room.

The problem is some classes (cav & xbow especially) simply cost a bunch more than everything else, so we either set the cap where those classes can comfortably select things they want and effectively let everyone go tin-can, or we restrict with melee in mind & soft cap some of the more expensive classes.

As a reminder though - it's allowed to have players spawn in stuff for teammates.  If my cav player can't afford their lance but I have some breathing room, I can spawn with the lance and drop it for them. 

It's the first week of the first season, the only way for us to see what works and what doesn't is to actually test it out.

In other news..
Week 1 is over!  Standings are updated!  (almost) all the games had full teams showing, which is awesome!
Next week:
Frisia at Astralis Thursday 6/13 @ 11 PM EST
FCC at Independants Friday 6/14 @ 10 PM EST
PRO at TKoV Saturday 6/15 @ 7 PM EST
Raven at RoR Sunday 6/16 @ 11 PM EST

Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2013, 07:01:09 am »

Sorry you cant use your +3 Heraldic you fucking crutch. Trying to  make it balanced.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2013, 08:29:41 am »
+6
Week 1 Power Rankings

1. PRO - came out strong and has probably the best roster of all the teams
2. FCC - Plenty of top notch gear to go around and team play will make short work of more disorganized teams
3. Astralis - Sexthriller, nuff said
4. TKov - Immense roster to choose from and good gear, individual skill is another question
5. RoR - Managed to beat out TKov in week 1, we'll see if it's a fluke in week 2
6. Independents - One of the more skilled teams but their roster is too small
7. Raven - Got sweeped and hero shielders won't win matches
8. Frisia - Pitiful roster full of degenerates, wouldn't be surprised to see them lose every remaining scrim

Week 2 predictions:

-Astralis over Frisia in 2
-FCC over Independents in 2
-PRO over Tkov 2-1
-Raven over RoR 2-1

To receive real time text message alerts text "NCKBRDALRTS" to 55403
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2013, 01:38:58 pm »
Week 1 Power Rankings

1. PRO - came out strong and has probably the best roster of all the teams
2. FCC - Plenty of top notch gear to go around and team play will make short work of more disorganized teams
3. Astralis - Sexthriller, nuff said
4. TKov - Immense roster to choose from and good gear, individual skill is another question
5. RoR - Managed to beat out TKov in week 1, we'll see if it's a fluke in week 2
6. Independents - One of the more skilled teams but their roster is too small
7. Raven - Got sweeped and hero shielders won't win matches
8. Frisia - Pitiful roster full of degenerates, wouldn't be surprised to see them lose every remaining scrim

Week 2 predictions:

-Astralis over Frisia in 2
-FCC over Independents in 2
-PRO over Tkov 2-1
-Raven over RoR 2-1

To receive real time text message alerts text "NCKBRDALRTS" to 55403

nice rating and predictions. I didn't know us FCC had any team play though :D I also think you underestimate Raven.. though its hard to say how to change things up cause there arent any bad teams.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2013, 03:21:01 pm »
40k is what we had at the time the league was created, and it's a hot topic among the committee but we felt like it was worth starting the season with the 40k cap and seeing how it goes & if we need to adjust.  We were thinking about the possibility of bumping it slightly to 45k to give ranged a bit more breathing room.

The problem is some classes (cav & xbow especially) simply cost a bunch more than everything else, so we either set the cap where those classes can comfortably select things they want and effectively let everyone go tin-can, or we restrict with melee in mind & soft cap some of the more expensive classes.

As a reminder though - it's allowed to have players spawn in stuff for teammates.  If my cav player can't afford their lance but I have some breathing room, I can spawn with the lance and drop it for them. 

It's the first week of the first season, the only way for us to see what works and what doesn't is to actually test it out.

In other news..
Week 1 is over!  Standings are updated!  (almost) all the games had full teams showing, which is awesome!
Next week:
Frisia at Astralis Thursday 6/13 @ 11 PM EST
FCC at Independants Friday 6/14 @ 10 PM EST
PRO at TKoV Saturday 6/15 @ 7 PM EST
Raven at RoR Sunday 6/16 @ 11 PM EST

Also ranged keep in mind that your opponents don't have as much armour as on a typical server because they are effectively limited to 55-60 armor at most (with a non-loomed weapon, maybe under 50 if they want a loomed weapon) as opposed to what seems to be now more like 55-70 on NA1. So you non-loomed ranged isn't facing as much armor as it usually does.

So would bumping it to 45 or 50k help non-2h/pole heroes more than the heroes? They could stack more armor/looms, grab their own looms easier.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2013, 04:10:10 pm »
I kind of like the restrictions. Forces me out of my usual gear and to rethink how to be effective if I can only choose a limited number of "crutches".

Let's face it: most of us are 10+ gen players with huge supplies of gold/heirlooms - in regular battles we hardly have to worry about any restrictions if it comes down to it.

This brings a nice change of pace and puts more emphasis on skill.

(click to show/hide)
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2013, 04:58:31 pm »
Yeah, there really isn't a perfect solution, and honestly having gold limit in place is a far more elegant solution to weapon restrictions than anything else.  We could make it so that we limit specific weapons or have armor caps, but the moderation required for that would IMO be much more of a headache that it would be worth.  You can't game the hard cap gold limit, it essentially moderates teams on the fly.

Personally I'm inclined to keep the 40k for this season just to see how things go, but after it's over we could open it up to more tweaks.  I understand why some people aren't happy with it, but I *think* the majority are ok with 40k. 

If we get mobs with torches and pitchforks over it maybe we can switch mid season...but I can't imagine we'd change the cap by too much.

In the meantime the OP has been beautified with very professional looking banners, and I've added a section for community stuff in my third post!
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2013, 05:15:09 pm »
I am not unsympathatic to the plight of ranged cuz personally I am hit by it. As a hybrid if I want to carry 2 stacks of jarids I have to drop my armor down to about 40 but again I think this is fair cuz ranged weapons like an xbow or jarid can be a gamechanger in these 8v8 situations. I can bring down buzzing horses easy and if I land even a couple that can seriously hurt someone coming in before any melee has started. Even hunting xbows can bring in significant tactical elements so people shouldn't be so quick to dismiss even crappier horses or ranged sidearms cuz it's not their usual +3 one or because you are just focused on maxing out armor.

Also remember you can have a teammate spawn a weapon for you so if you are ranged or cav ask one of your 2h hero crutch teammates who is trying to max out armour to 60 to instead drop it to 50 and spawn a nice extra melee weapon for you so you can afford your own armour to be higher than leather.

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2013, 07:42:21 pm »
The 40k cap is fine.

Cav can't use crazy horses alongside good armor and weapons. (Use teammates for your gear)
2h/pole heroes cant use heavy armor to skew the balance. (8 Sosarians, each taking 13+ hits to kill would be a tad silly in an honorable/fair league)
Ranged can't use an effective combination of ranged, armor, and melee. Forcing them to choose. (Ranged is more powerful the less players there are)
Shielders have to lower down their own specs, especially if they are hybrids. (Can't have heavy armor and a good shield. 8k alone for mw heavy round)
Hybrids are boned. No explanation necessary. Choose a role or scrap your armor / downgrade your weapons.
Pikemen are a very good class under these rules. They can serve as a +1 for another teammate and use their low costs to bring more weapons.

I think the rules are pretty fair in my opinion. Mainly, it prevents teams from abusing certain shenanigans for trolling purposes and what not. Keeps it fair to both teams. This is coming from someone who normally has a spear, shield, sword, and throwing axe and is forced to cut his armor in half and scrap the sword in order to bring the one throwing axe. So whenever you think the gear cost is screwing you over, just remember that the other team is getting hit just as hard as you. To reiterate what I say in almost every thread that involves a cup of whine on something, adapt.

On another random note, it was a good fight Pro. You gave us a real good wake up call to start us up, I can assure you it will not happen again.

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2013, 09:17:52 pm »
I am not unsympathatic to the plight of ranged cuz personally I am hit by it. As a hybrid if I want to carry 2 stacks of jarids I have to drop my armor down to about 40 but again I think this is fair cuz ranged weapons like an xbow or jarid can be a gamechanger in these 8v8 situations. I can bring down buzzing horses easy and if I land even a couple that can seriously hurt someone coming in before any melee has started. Even hunting xbows can bring in significant tactical elements so people shouldn't be so quick to dismiss even crappier horses or ranged sidearms cuz it's not their usual +3 one or because you are just focused on maxing out armor.

Also remember you can have a teammate spawn a weapon for you so if you are ranged or cav ask one of your 2h hero crutch teammates who is trying to max out armour to 60 to instead drop it to 50 and spawn a nice extra melee weapon for you so you can afford your own armour to be higher than leather.

I literally walked up to BlackWhite and shot him point blank in the face with a hunting xbow (steel bolts) and he said i did about 1/10th of his health. I actually glanced on other guys who I got body shots on. Granted it was raining but still...

As for how to fix it? I don't know. I like the idea of having a limit that encourages people not to run around in ridiculous gear... but it just seems to screw over anyone who tries to carry more than one thing. Ultimately I would rather have the 40k limit than no limit... but I can cry about it anyway!

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2013, 09:29:50 pm »
try using your teammates. We have our 2h and spearmen spawning gear for other people.

Also I don't know much about xbows but that seems kind of messed up. Hunting xbow is 37 pierce + 6 for steel bolts, that's a lot of pierce damage, more than jarids, how is that so low/glancing?