Author Topic: MURRICCA c-rpg clan league - If you build it they will come  (Read 33564 times)

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
Re: MURRICCA c-rpg clan league - If you build it they will come
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2013, 11:01:39 pm »
try using your teammates. We have our 2h and spearmen spawning gear for other people.

Also I don't know much about xbows but that seems kind of messed up. Hunting xbow is 37 pierce + 6 for steel bolts, that's a lot of pierce damage, more than jarids, how is that so low/glancing?

I was surprised too. The rain didn't help but yeah... it was worthless.

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2013, 11:15:33 pm »
The cap seems fine to me, I mean you can wear something like Mail and Plate + Great Blue Helm + Hourglass Gauntlets + Mailboots and still have enough money for a Long Bardiche or any upper-tier polearm. Granted this is all unloomed, but still plenty of wiggle room.
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2013, 11:29:53 pm »
The cap seems fine to me, I mean you can wear something like Mail and Plate + Great Blue Helm + Hourglass Gauntlets + Mailboots and still have enough money for a Long Bardiche or any upper-tier polearm. Granted this is all unloomed, but still plenty of wiggle room.

well, it is really easy for anyone who is only carrying one weapon. it just gets really hard on anyone who wants to carry more than one item in their hands.

Offline Jack1

• Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2013, 01:02:32 am »
Yeah, there really isn't a perfect solution, and honestly having gold limit in place is a far more elegant solution to weapon restrictions than anything else.  We could make it so that we limit specific weapons or have armor caps, but the moderation required for that would IMO be much more of a headache that it would be worth.  You can't game the hard cap gold limit, it essentially moderates teams on the fly.

Personally I'm inclined to keep the 40k for this season just to see how things go, but after it's over we could open it up to more tweaks.  I understand why some people aren't happy with it, but I *think* the majority are ok with 40k. 

If we get mobs with torches and pitchforks over it maybe we can switch mid season...but I can't imagine we'd change the cap by too much.

In the meantime the OP has been beautified with very professional looking banners, and I've added a section for community stuff in my third post!

Well I think that the 40k cap allows for some armor but a restriction enough so archers are effective
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2013, 02:24:06 am »
at 40k I can use +3, hat, gloves, chest, shield, iberian.

Have to lower boots to weaker non loomed and carry a non loomed axe. I can not complain. 45k tho and i will likely be full loomed running around.. Granted my normal outfit is generally mid tier
Leader of BS

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2013, 06:03:44 pm »
+1
I love the 40k limit.  My typical battle setup for most characters average out to 5,898 gold, so to me it's more a problem of trying to come up with a new outfit every round.  I'm also a loomless pauper so the estimate is accurate.  The limit makes me happy though because all I can think when I see people wearing less armor than they usually do is... welcome to my world  :twisted:

I'd have sympathy for ranged but they hurt me so no :(

Also, as Jesus pointed out, you can wear quite a lot with the current limitation.  To add to it, who cares if it's unloomed?  It's not like anyone else is wearing looms.

-idlewind
-idlewind

Offline AluminumMonster

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PRO_Flying_Dildos
« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2013, 08:45:39 pm »
+2
I love the 40k limit.  My typical battle setup for most characters average out to 5,898 gold, so to me it's more a problem of trying to come up with a new outfit every round.  I'm also a loomless pauper so the estimate is accurate.  The limit makes me happy though because all I can think when I see people wearing less armor than they usually do is... welcome to my world  :twisted:

I'd have sympathy for ranged but they hurt me so no :(

Also, as Jesus pointed out, you can wear quite a lot with the current limitation.  To add to it, who cares if it's unloomed?  It's not like anyone else is wearing looms.

-idlewind

Your world sucks. We didn't become the 1% to dress and arm ourselves as peasants.  No one should have to suffer such a fate! When they asked Michelangelo to paint the sistine chapel they didn't give him a 40k limit, or make him use crayons and color pencils. They let him use the finest paints available. Let us paint our sistine chapel with our gear, weapons, and the blood of our foes.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 08:50:27 pm by AluminumMonster »
THE 99% WILL LOOK UP AND SAY "FEED ME"

AND I WILL SHOOT A DILDO DOWN YOUR THROAT.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2013, 10:05:29 pm »
@Aluminum Michelangelo deeply wanted to decline the commission on the Sistine Chapel, and hated the work so much he depicted himself as the flayed skin held by St. Bartholomew. Lord knows that's how I feel when I play cRPG too though, Dildos.

@Matey on shooting Blackwhite for marginal damage: Isn't he like a 30/15 build or something like that? That's not incredibly surprising; it might also be that you didn't actually interact with his head hitbox, since those things is wonky.

@MrShine Throw me back on the Independents roster if you would, please.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2013, 11:20:05 pm »
@MrShine Throw me back on the Independents roster if you would, please.

your wish is my command.

I also updated the RoR roster with some people that I think I missed from the other thread, let me know if I'm still missing anyone.

@Independents & Ascalon or maybe Malaclypse - any word on who is organizing this team now?  There were a lot of people who played for independents last week that still aren't on the roster, and Ascalon said he was going to check in with Honeydew about seeing who would want to babysit take on the prestigious role of team admin.

Still a few days before your match so not urgent, but I would love to get the organization of this team taken care of so I don't have to worry about having a no-show to a match night.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2013, 11:55:16 pm »
your wish is my command.

I also updated the RoR roster with some people that I think I missed from the other thread, let me know if I'm still missing anyone.

@Independents & Ascalon or maybe Malaclypse - any word on who is organizing this team now?  There were a lot of people who played for independents last week that still aren't on the roster, and Ascalon said he was going to check in with Honeydew about seeing who would want to babysit take on the prestigious role of team admin.

Still a few days before your match so not urgent, but I would love to get the organization of this team taken care of so I don't have to worry about having a no-show to a match night.

Speaking of the independents... Why does it say they beat frisia 2-1 then lost to a forfeit? Did they play and win or not?

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2013, 01:02:12 am »
So what basically happened was 5 minutes before the match was supposed to start there were no Independent players in the server.  I was able to get ahold of Tom Cruise but he was being a babby & couldn't play & was underleveled, but I then got ahold of Allers since he was on the roster.  Apparently most of the team didn't realize there was a match, and Allers tried to find some people while JesusChrist went to see if FCC/AoW would be willing to come and play a scrim since people were already there ready to fight.

Jump about 25-30 minutes in time, Allers & Honeydew (only 2 from the roster IIRC) were there as well as a bunch of other folks not on the roster who Allers was able to recruit for the match.  Both sides just wanted to fight so we decided to start.  It was something like 8v5 or 8v6, and Frisia won the first map pretty quickly.

Second map Ascalon joined in & there were now 2 or 3 rostered Independents and like 4 or 5 others.  Cikel inexplicably decided to go over to the independents team and fought against his own clan, I think to make it 7v7.  Independents won the 2nd map.

Third map Cikel went back to Frisia, it was an 8v8 proper (but again I think only a few were actually from the Independent's roster) and Independents won.

Afterwards I talked to Turboflex and then Ascalon, and we all agreed that Frisia be given the win on account of forfeit, since it was basically a bunch of pick-ups that were scrounged together almost a half hour after the match was supposed to actually start. 

I'm really grateful to Allers & the Independent folks for sticking it out and playing to have fun, and Frisia for being good sports about just wanting to play.  It was messy and I probably should have made it clear from the get go it should have been a forfeit, but I was really hoping that our first match didn't turn into a no-show so I was mostly just focused on having SOMETHING happen.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Jack1

• Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2013, 02:53:35 am »
To Australis, I hope your ready for our scrim, couse I sure as hell am not. I'm also willing to make some wagers on who is going to win

We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2013, 07:17:15 am »
So what basically happened was 5 minutes before the match was supposed to start there were no Independent players in the server.  I was able to get ahold of Tom Cruise but he was being a babby & couldn't play & was underleveled, but I then got ahold of Allers since he was on the roster.  Apparently most of the team didn't realize there was a match, and Allers tried to find some people while JesusChrist went to see if FCC/AoW would be willing to come and play a scrim since people were already there ready to fight.

Jump about 25-30 minutes in time, Allers & Honeydew (only 2 from the roster IIRC) were there as well as a bunch of other folks not on the roster who Allers was able to recruit for the match.  Both sides just wanted to fight so we decided to start.  It was something like 8v5 or 8v6, and Frisia won the first map pretty quickly.

Second map Ascalon joined in & there were now 2 or 3 rostered Independents and like 4 or 5 others.  Cikel inexplicably decided to go over to the independents team and fought against his own clan, I think to make it 7v7.  Independents won the 2nd map.

Third map Cikel went back to Frisia, it was an 8v8 proper (but again I think only a few were actually from the Independent's roster) and Independents won.

Afterwards I talked to Turboflex and then Ascalon, and we all agreed that Frisia be given the win on account of forfeit, since it was basically a bunch of pick-ups that were scrounged together almost a half hour after the match was supposed to actually start. 

I'm really grateful to Allers & the Independent folks for sticking it out and playing to have fun, and Frisia for being good sports about just wanting to play.  It was messy and I probably should have made it clear from the get go it should have been a forfeit, but I was really hoping that our first match didn't turn into a no-show so I was mostly just focused on having SOMETHING happen.

So this is what actually happened. Allers and babydew were the first to get ahold of me, and us being the only three on, and Ascalon being off, none of us had any idea. Not only did I tell Ascalon that I dont really play this game anymore, which I dont, I wont really want to be on the team. I told him I may do the occasional scrim. So what does he do? Throws me on as one of the admins and leaders of the team like Im going to run everything. Not only was I not about to fight a game undermanned, and underleveled. I just straight up dont play too much anymore. Ive pretty much burnt this game out.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2013, 07:50:08 am »
I have to agree that the 40k gold limit kinda sucks. I get why its there, but theres no reason it should be so low. Really screws over cav and ranged players. I agree that there should be a gold limit, but it needs to be raised 10-15k imo
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 08:12:05 am by Visconti »
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2013, 08:45:13 am »
I have to agree that the 40k gold limit kinda sucks. I get why its there, but theres no reason it should be so low. Really screws over cav and ranged players. I agree that there should be a gold limit, but it needs to be raised 10-15k imo

You know what? I think we should do the opposite! Only people not really suffering are guys with 1 wep! I say drop the limit to 30k or even 20k! then we can all use non-loomed armour and be gimps together!