Author Topic: Horse x-bow  (Read 5679 times)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Re: Horse x-bow
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2013, 04:23:55 pm »
Mount and Ranged, the real name of the game, get with the program pplz!

buff HX, HA!!!
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2013, 04:55:24 pm »
It's about damn time this trash has worked it's way to EU, NA has been plagued with HX for well over a year now.  Yet nothing will have been done until someone from EU complains about it enough to get shit changed. 

Like every other person has said in the thread, they are just overpowered, they shoot and then run away making them one of the hardest classes to kill, and then they are always left over at the end of the round mopping up all the left over troops, for like 3 or so minutes.  They have so much riding that no cav can catch them, and a HA has a hard time dealing with them because they shoot more accurately as well as downing the HA horse within 2 or so shots. 

The only enemy the HX has is it's bolt pouch, they run out of ammo before anybody can kill them, and then are forced to suicide, as they are too weak to pick up any weapons.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2013, 06:37:56 pm »
EU players are bigger trolls and whiners  :mrgreen:
Also, to the ones that always complain about HX not dismounting as last person on a team. I've been promised duels with a shitty nomad sabre, 0 ath and 0 ps so many times only to be ganked the moment I step down from my horses.
Gurnisson you are expecting fair duels after playng totally gay whole round?
HX are pissing off everyone all the time and that's why non of them (even you) will have a duel at the end.
As an archer I'm even not asking for duels, it's just a waste of time...  :D
Archer forever :D

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2013, 07:12:12 pm »
Gurnisson you are expecting fair duels after playng totally gay whole round?

Like I said, not anymore. I just gay around on my horse and shoot the bastards for as long as I can nowadays, instead of just dying to a bounce in a duel. It's fine by me, though I never understood why anyone would push HX in that direction. Getting them down in the end where they're completely useless is better than them riding around shooting, no? :)
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2013, 07:39:33 pm »
+2
Cav is way too tanky when riding away and that factor should definitely be reduced. When I am on ground, a ranged attack deals 30-40% on average if it's an arrow and 40-70% if it's a bolt to ~55 body armor. If I ride away on a horse, it easily gets reduced to half or more of that damage. Stabbing cav who are running away from me also takes 3-4 stabs at least with a decked out lance, even when the cav player is only wearing rags. An angry infantryman hits my horse when I am running away and are lucky to take 1/3 off my +3 rouncey's health as long as it's not a great long bardiche or something similar. The way damage taken works for cav just advocates an evasive playstyle that only benefits HX even more.

For cav lobbyists complaining about their horses dying in 1-2 hits, I don't care if damage taken when riding forward is reduced as long as damage taken when running away is increased.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2013, 08:51:40 pm »
+1
I don't care if damage taken when riding forward is reduced as long as damage taken when running away is increased.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2013, 10:53:18 pm »
Good lying man. W-key hero away from you with your lances in my ass, and like I said, the damage varies a lot because of the speed bonus. And I already said previously that my arabian survived your two throwing lances (which was from horseback and riding full speed away making it deal piss poor damage compared to normal)
You weren't riding away from me, one of them might have been in the leg though, I've played HT long enough to not even bother shooting if that's the case, which due to HX being the fastest cavalry around, makes their longer reloading time not matter much against other cavalry. My old 3+ arabian also took 2-3 lances thrown from the ground to kill it while standing still at facehug range, 2 if they were body shots, 3 if one of the initial 2 were leg shots.

Just wanna make something clear, I don't think you're a bad hx, in fact, you're one of EUs best, your idea of how fragile an arabian is is complete bs though, and no, my steppe horse isn't that much weaker, and HX isn't overpowered, it's horseranged though, and all horseranged needs to be weak in one way or another to make up for how gay it can be, and the huge my old friendgy delaying it can cause, including horsethrowing, and before the weight nerfs, including ground archery.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 11:27:02 pm by Zlisch_The_Butcher »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #97 on: June 09, 2013, 02:25:55 pm »
Up we go. Why hasn't this shit been nerfed yet? Even with +0 gear HX is gay and OP while HA is basically useless. HX needs a huge nerf to make HAs more valid.

I already wrote this, but it's somewhere deep in this or some other QQ thread, so here's a comparison between these two horse ranged classes:

HX is far more accurate and loses no accuracy at full speed
HA is accurate standing still, but can only hit slow moving horses when moving himself
HX can do close to 50% damage against a str crutcher in plate
HA can do no damage to a guy in plate
HX has 10 riding meaning no other cav will ever catch him
HA has 5-7 riding and has to move slow, leaving him a large target for any ranged or fast moving cavalry
HX upkeep is far lower due to bolts not breaking every single round
HA will lose gold even with tatar arrows, bodkins will make you go bankrupt faster than Greece
HX doesn't need PD
HA shoots faster and can get two shots in before HX has reloaded
HX will just ride away from you to reload and if you shoot while his riding away, you deal close zero damage even if you hit
HA has more ammo

HX would be ok, if they couldn't exploit the speed bonus any harder than HA. Right now they can gain up to ten times the damage with speed bonus and they don't lose a bit of accuracy. That's what needs to be nerfed.

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #98 on: June 09, 2013, 02:48:04 pm »
(click to show/hide)
HX has no resonable medival role attached to ... it has same medival immersion factor as motorcycle riding
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #99 on: June 09, 2013, 03:41:16 pm »
HX would be ok, if they couldn't exploit the speed bonus any harder than HA. Right now they can gain up to ten times the damage with speed bonus and they don't lose a bit of accuracy. That's what needs to be nerfed.

QFT. That change was ridiculous, especially considering the HX can have up to 10 riding. The damage increase is just way too high at the moment.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline sdfjkln

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 09, 2013, 06:39:16 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)
HX has no resonable medival role attached to ... it has same medival immersion factor as motorcycle riding
History is unreasonable? Took me 5 minutes to find a page from an old combat manual dating to 1467 for dealing with HX.
(click to show/hide)

The trick is to get us in a headlock:
(click to show/hide)

Seriously though, hang around friendly archers/xbow/throwers and you'll notice HX don't pester you as much. I know for a fact, one person in this thread complaining is just a bad melee cav who always tries to engage me alone.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 07:04:32 pm by sdfjkln »

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #101 on: June 09, 2013, 08:04:32 pm »
History is unreasonable? Took me 5 minutes to find a page old combat manual dating to 1467 for dealing with HX.
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Seriously though, hang around friendly archers/xbow/throwers and you'll notice HX don't pester you as much. I know for a fact, one person in this thread complaining is just a bad melee cav who always tries to engage me alone.
i was more refering to the role-image, the identification image of the class
(click to show/hide)

so, now you tell me what role you imagine if playing as an HX ... i know of two possibilities
1) mounted firearm soldier - yeah , but reloading medival firearms on fullspeed arabian horse in 5 seconds is not exactly telling , that game mechanics do map this role well, aswell, as its known, that firearms are not intended to be in cRPG, so that doesnt really work ..
2) horsearcher - well , there is horsearcher implemented pretty well in the game .. meaning , that playing HX is simply exploiting game-mechanics , and sacrificing any role-image and immersion for sake of kill-greedyness, aswell as its completely obvious that HX could never work like that in real medival world
hence, one could aswell implement motorcycles-and modern guns , which have the same medival role-image potential like current HX

Talking about realistic HX - if you did read any documentation and not just look at pictures ( really funny though  :mrgreen:), you will know, that it also was mainly used to reach tactical positions faster and then shooting unmounted or , if mounted ,(to shoot over friendly units ) only on very low speed , to prevent the bolt flying out of the crossbow ... not even mentioning problems of putting a bolt into a crossbow or reloading propperly on high speed

I once posted a suggestion to change HX mechanics in a way to make it feasable to be played as some kind of badass rogue style, which was fully ignored ...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 08:13:47 pm by Micah »
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2013, 04:43:08 pm »
History is unreasonable? Took me 5 minutes to find a page from an old combat manual dating to 1467 for dealing with HX.
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Looks like the horse crossbowman drops his xbow, disarms the lancer and puts him into a headlock.
History is fascinating.

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2013, 09:46:38 pm »
remove speed bonus from hx

(click to show/hide)