Author Topic: Horse x-bow  (Read 5678 times)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: Horse x-bow
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2013, 01:22:32 am »
Nerf them to the same level of HA. Then I'll be happy.

This is for 95% of you in this thread (regardless of how long you've been playing):

Why do we have to have this horse xbow thread every week?  It's just as bad as it was for the archery threads a few months ago.   I can't say that your tactic is wrong, I'm sure the devs will now be nerfing horse xbows, I just think that your position is wrong.  Nothing is overpowered in the game, horse xbows have their place on the battlefield just like anyone else.  If you're getting owned by a horse xbow, then you need to change what you're doing, not expecting the other guy to have to change because of your stupidity or ignorance (or lack of team play). 

Fucking christ QQ'ers, nothing has been so overpowered in the last 2 years that it required a nerf.  Nothing.

HA got nerfed because of these threads. HX should suffer the same. As should 2H for that matter.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2013, 01:38:20 am »
Just buff HA. Make longbow usable from horseback. Problem?

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2013, 08:50:38 am »
Just buff HA. Make longbow usable from horseback. Problem?

Yes. Upkeep. Lower it for bows and arrows.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2013, 05:59:56 pm »
Yes. Upkeep. Lower it for bows and arrows.

You'll have 2h heavy armor complain that Archers make more money again and get it reverted 1 year from now.
(That's why archers pay so much NOW cause people complained that archers made to much money THEN)

Offline Krax

• Baron
  • Renown: 145
  • Infamy: 36
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Hate_More, Byzantium_Love_More
« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2013, 02:15:52 pm »
Since HX after reading this is the most op thing thats ever been in crpg, why is it that you never see em on top of the score list. reading this it sounds like when you spawn as a HX you just ride around 1shoting everything thats on there...

Im normaly around the middle of the scoreboard most of the time. And more than once iv had the tincan laughing at me telling me i did 0 dmg.

to the ppl hating me, well im a product of how the community have treated me.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2013, 02:38:03 pm »
+2
Also, to the ones that always complain about HX not dismounting as last person on a team. I've been promised duels with a shitty nomad sabre, 0 ath and 0 ps so many times only to be ganked the moment I step down from my horses. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. It's the community's fault I run around on my horse as the last guy.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2013, 05:25:04 pm »
+2
Also, to the ones that always complain about HX not dismounting as last person on a team. I've been promised duels with a shitty nomad sabre, 0 ath and 0 ps so many times only to be ganked the moment I step down from my horses. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. It's the community's fault I run around on my horse as the last guy.
because no one like you
even your teammates

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Gurnisson

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2013, 03:11:35 am »
+1
because no one like you
even your teammates

Said the longsword spammer! :lol:
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2013, 12:18:26 pm »
Horse throwing can do amazing amount of damage. Ask zlisch how many survives a charge+lance in the chest. The reason you don't see many of them is that both HA and HC is much more accurate while carrying a lot more ammo.
I'll answer with how many dies instead, 50-60% of all light armored people (horsecrossbowmen, light infantry, my old friendchers, ha, etc), and people who are already wounded, this is when I'm riding towards them and they're standing still, around the same amount who'll survive me shooting them with an arb with the horseranged damage penalty if we're both standing still. also Gurnisson, it's funny how you talk about your arabian never surviving any ranged hits yet ride around with two throwing lances in your horse, thrown while you were riding towards me.
Only really decent suggestion to fix HX is forcing them to only reload while trotting, that should give other cav some minor chance of catching them, it'll mostly just be like kiting archers though, if you slow them down, and they're still the least faster than regular cavalry, then they'll just run for longer before shooting, it's still one of the only suggestions that won't have extremely retarded consequences though.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2013, 12:25:57 pm »
+2
I have fought them. They are annoying, but rarely do they do much against my plated charger. Usually, they get tired of shooting it and seek weaker prey, such as that group of peasants clustered around a shed, or those afk'ers (which are ever present) at spawn. They fill the HA vacuum, but are a little bit more ridiculous yet.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

The steel-bolt fire.

Offline AvengerC47

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Guerra, guerra nunca cambia
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
  • Game nicks: c47
« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2013, 12:56:46 pm »
The better than reloading only at slower speed is if they will not have so good acc at high speed, so they will slow down to shoot, like HAs.
Some ppl shows us whats their acc when standing still and riding

And xbows should be reloaded slower on horse than ground.
We can make a possibility for realoading small xbows (same that can be reloaded on horse) while walking too. Usually no one is using it because of small dmg (non counting HX ofc ;]), so they will have a second life in crpg after changing it to 2 slots
Guerra, guerra nunca cambia

Sorry for my bad english :d

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2013, 01:38:14 pm »
+1
i really dont like how ppl want to put HX in same pot with HA and also try to nerf them to level of HA ... they should be very distinct and require their very unique playstyle; much more than currently ... one the more spammy and inaccurate class (HA) and one more accurate class with higher projectile damage and speed(HX obv). This is only natural for both of them ... i say this also from HA PoV because , i would like HA to have its own domain back and not having HX on the field as the "better HA" ...
decrease for reload speed on high horse speed, and overall less reloadspeed along with high(or even higher than atm?) damage and accuracy could do the trick imho
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 01:44:10 pm by Micah »
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #87 on: May 27, 2013, 01:53:51 pm »
i would like HA to have its own domain back and not having HX on the field as the "better HA" ...

Offline Gurnisson

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2013, 02:45:29 pm »
also Gurnisson, it's funny how you talk about your arabian never surviving any ranged hits yet ride around with two throwing lances in your horse, thrown while you were riding towards me.

Good lying man. W-key hero away from you with your lances in my ass, and like I said, the damage varies a lot because of the speed bonus. And I already said previously that my arabian survived your two throwing lances (which was from horseback and riding full speed away making it deal piss poor damage compared to normal)

Fair enough, how much have you played with an arabian? I've played 1h cav, lance cav, hx and ha with both loomed and non-loomed arabian to back up my statements. It's rare that it survives 2-3 projectiles, although it can happen. Usually it dies after the second. My arabian got one-shot by a friendly longbowman today, but it also survived 2 throwing lances to the ass one time, running at max speed away (1hp left). Speed bonus makes it vary a lot, but most of the time it goes down quickly.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2013, 02:48:29 pm »
Said the longsword spammer! :lol: