Author Topic: The new Xbox  (Read 9100 times)

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
Re: The new Xbox
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2013, 09:17:34 pm »
The only console I need is Playstation (the first one) and a copy of Monster Rancher.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2013, 10:30:58 pm »
+4
It is a bit bizarre. The worst part is someone probably got paid a shed load of money to come up with it and several other names. Then a group of people sat around, discussed it and went 'well guys, I think we have a winner here. Xbox 1'. Can't understand how anyone settled on that without considering how dumb it sounds. Not to mention how ugly it is. Haven't spoken to a single person who likes the look of it.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2619
  • Infamy: 417
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2013, 10:47:40 pm »
+6
(click to show/hide)

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2013, 10:57:18 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Gotta love that guy :P

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2013, 10:57:40 pm »
Mr Fatso is still pretty annoying

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2013, 09:14:22 pm »
+1
The Xbox One reveal has been a great source of laughs.

Amazon UK Wii-U sales up 875% following Xbox One reveal.

Xbox One may have sold Wii-U better than Nintendo.

Good job, Microsoft.
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2013, 02:57:46 pm »
Regardless of Microsofts fail, I wouldn't ever dream of buying a Nintendo console nowadays, as much as they say it's to "compete" with PS4 and Xbox One, it's not really. It appeals way more to the "family" types and kids, sure 'serious' console gamers might get one, but I bet they'll get either a PS4 or an Xbox One before they do, either that or they're just a massive Nintendo fan.

Most of the games I tried on that last Wii thing, I wasn't impressed at all, there are only a few decent serious games and I'd have to play it with a controller as I found motion control to be a massive gimmick. The hardware isn't capable of running anything that is going to look good compared to the Xbox One and PS4 ( I'd be surprised if it even manages to surpass the 360 and PS3's visuals ) and it's probably just going to have 90% of its games designed for kids, families or fanboys.

Not saying it's a bad console, just saying I don't feel Nintendo is even in the same market as Microsoft and Sony anymore.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2013, 03:32:29 pm »
Regardless of Microsofts fail, I wouldn't ever dream of buying a Nintendo console nowadays, as much as they say it's to "compete" with PS4 and Xbox One, it's not really. It appeals way more to the "family" types and kids, sure 'serious' console gamers might get one, but I bet they'll get either a PS4 or an Xbox One before they do, either that or they're just a massive Nintendo fan.

Most of the games I tried on that last Wii thing, I wasn't impressed at all, there are only a few decent serious games and I'd have to play it with a controller as I found motion control to be a massive gimmick. The hardware isn't capable of running anything that is going to look good compared to the Xbox One and PS4 ( I'd be surprised if it even manages to surpass the 360 and PS3's visuals ) and it's probably just going to have 90% of its games designed for kids, families or fanboys.

Not saying it's a bad console, just saying I don't feel Nintendo is even in the same market as Microsoft and Sony anymore.

I guess. They definitely aren't in the same market, but then that's a good thing because they have their own niche. I'd pick a Wii for the family fun as it were over the other consoles. Due to price but also because I'm a PC gamer  :P Probably explains the increase of Amazon sales for the Wii.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2013, 05:38:06 pm »
+1
Well with that being said, if Microsoft are really serious about this "Must have kinect connected to use the console" then they can fucking do one, I don't want a Kinect, never have done, never will, I'll be interested in motion control gaming when it's actually good, in about 50 years, if I'm still alive and not disabled.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2013, 05:55:03 pm »
I seriuslly dont get why are they forcing motioncontrollers so heavly down on people these days. Like Lessin said, the motiontec sucks. Its an unresposive mess. Either its selling well, despite this clear fact, that is known to absolutely everyone who ever used a motioncontroller before or they are simply trying to fool us

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2013, 03:57:30 pm »
I seriuslly dont get why are they forcing motioncontrollers so heavly down on people these days. Like Lessin said, the motiontec sucks. Its an unresposive mess. Either its selling well, despite this clear fact, that is known to absolutely everyone who ever used a motioncontroller before or they are simply trying to fool us

Well, imo console controllers are an extremely unnatural and imprecise way of manipulating anything on the screen... They really really suck. PC mouse is a 40 year old invention, that utilizes a 2D motions for 3D environment, if one might put it that way... Precise, but hardly optimal for 3D gaming. I really want some new hardware!

Give me these badboys! Something as precise as a mouse, but with a 3D movement! Yay!
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2013, 10:16:56 pm »
Well, imo console controllers are an extremely unnatural and imprecise way of manipulating anything on the screen... They really really suck. PC mouse is a 40 year old invention, that utilizes a 2D motions for 3D environment, if one might put it that way... Precise, but hardly optimal for 3D gaming. I really want some new hardware!

Give me these badboys! Something as precise as a mouse, but with a 3D movement! Yay!

Critical downside : where do I rest my elbows ?

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2013, 10:49:43 pm »
It's amazing how willing Microsoft are to completely shit all over their fanbase in an attempt to have more control over what their users do on their Xbox, I really hope this console fails horribly, Microsoft probably wouldn't learn a thing from it and would just try to shove even more shit down their fanbases throat, but still. I wonder if they're still charging money for having an internet connection now that it's a requirement to even fucking play singleplayer games... :lol:
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2013, 05:39:04 am »
+1
I have to say that Playstation won long ago. Even with the 360. I remember when my aunt bought a 360 and some racing game. And she got seriuslly pissed off cause she couldnt understand what the fuck was a LIVE account was and why it was required and loads of other shit and a monthly fee. She was all like, fuck, why isnt this like an NES. Pop a disc in and play without any hasseling. The PS always beated the Xbox over that. Its amazing how they havent learned a damn thing and even took steps closer to the cliff with this new Onething, while adding more pointless shit nobody really asked for.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2013, 07:55:38 am »
I have to say that Playstation won long ago. Even with the 360. I remember when my aunt bought a 360 and some racing game. And she got seriuslly pissed off cause she couldnt understand what the fuck was a LIVE account was and why it was required and loads of other shit and a monthly fee. She was all like, fuck, why isnt this like an NES. Pop a disc in and play without any hasseling. The PS always beated the Xbox over that. Its amazing how they havent learned a damn thing and even took steps closer to the cliff with this new Onething, while adding more pointless shit nobody really asked for.

Well I actually liked the LIVE service, I found it easy to use and reliable, where as my friends with PS3's were often getting connectivity problems, I didn't really mind paying for it when I was using it.

But I agree that they have gone way overboard with forcing their bullshit onto people, I outright refuse to buy a console which will require me to have a motion control device connected before it even works, among the other bullshit they're pushing into the console scene. Microsoft have pretty much sold me the PS4.