Author Topic: Possible solution for reward system - kill multiplier finally!!!  (Read 1985 times)

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
Re: Possible solution for reward system - kill multiplier finally!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 01:20:46 pm »
One thing your idea would kill is flanking agi shielders. When I play one, all I do is get away from the big groups, dodge cav, and pray for somewhere to hide. Then, when the forces are engaged, I go up to the enemy archers' backs and kill 3-4 before they realise.

With your system, I would get a grand total of 0 points, even if my team defeats the enemies very fast, since a shielder killing archers would not get any points at all, which makes no sense whatsoever (same as a pikeman killing cav would not either)...

Other than that, there are a few good points in there, but I doubt anything will ever happen.

This is a valid point I have to accept as a counter argument. Indeed you would get poor rewards.

I personally say that I do NOT recommend any single man flanking maneuvers, especially not if you are a shielder, because you are almost defenseless against cav, as they can play the "get bumped or get bumped and lanced" game with you. The maps in cRPG usually just don't allow any flanking. So if you die doing so, you contributed little, and thus it's okay if your rewards are little. But if you manage to pull this off you DO deserve a reward.

Your scenario is difficult to balance, because of the simple reason that it shows behaviour which is not (and should not/can not) be the average behaviour. You can't have all shielder sneak over the flanks up on a few archers and cut them down. Perhaps there could be some kind of "skirmisher mode" you can activate at the beginning of the round, which grants you different rewards? But this would require a few tweaks, to prevent people of activating the skirmisher mode and then going into full melee. Perhaps like the flag area or every teammate more than 5 around you lowering your rewards, something like that, you know?
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 01:24:58 pm »
+1
I generally like yoir suggestions. even if i have to sleep for like 2 hours after reading them so my eyess dont explode.

I think the greedy-killseeking gamestyle just atarted with the introduction of the multiplier. a more playerbased reward system would be much better. (than valour) ...

cus i think if a peasant stops a horse with his pitchfork so his teammates can do the job, hes done better than a plated greatmauler crushing though a peasants block.

+1 ed

(even if i think that crpg was better without a multiplier and upkeep)
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 02:15:55 pm »
so, before I read it: This is only a suggestion for a non-existent conquest mode while battle or siege or any other mode should stay as they are or are simply ignored, right?

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2013, 02:19:30 pm »
so, before I read it: This is only a suggestion for a non-existent conquest mode while battle or siege or any other mode should stay as they are or are simply ignored, right?

Actually it is meant for the moment when battle mode is turned into conquest mode, but you can apply it on the current battle mode as well.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2013, 02:29:41 pm »
Actually it is meant for the moment when battle mode is turned into conquest mode, but you can apply it on the current battle mode as well.

Battle mode turned into conquest, wtf? Did I miss something?  :shock:

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2013, 02:40:58 pm »
Battle mode turned into conquest, wtf? Did I miss something?  :shock:

No, you did not. But it's (one of the few) more or less accepted opinions in the forum that battle mode should turn into conquest mode. And as the devs already made something similar for siege...  :wink:

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2013, 02:44:29 pm »
+2
[...]
That is right. But those people who are in the team of that clan but did NOT participate in teamplay get those rewards, too, and this is unfair. Individual rewards are the way to go. Everyone should be rewarded according to his effort.
What a nonsense... do you even play battle once in a while? When there is a rather big team of one clan, there is always a bunch of "randomers" just tagging along and working instantly together with the clan group. Happens more or less every single round.
Besides, we barely have new bloods and maps are basicly all overplayed. Everyone knows what to do on this or that map to achieve the highest possibility for the team to win. There is no need to force people to anything...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2013, 02:45:06 pm »
No, you did not. But it's (one of the few) more or less accepted opinions in the forum that battle mode should turn into conquest mode. And as the devs already made something similar for siege...  :wink:

i think that would kinda break the game. i always liked the casual battle thingy where you could create own objectives (like punch xynox to death).  if there was a conquest mode it should replace one of the battle servers maybe but not battle itself.

but theres still a good reason for a new rewarding system - nevermind the gamemode
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2013, 03:00:05 pm »
What a nonsense... do you even play battle once in a while? When there is a rather big team of one clan, there is always a bunch of "randomers" just tagging along and working instantly together with the clan group. Happens more or less every single round.
Besides, we barely have new bloods and maps are basicly all overplayed. Everyone knows what to do on this or that map to achieve the highest possibility for the team to win. There is no need to force people to anything...

I haven't played battle for some time, but it was the only mode I played while I was active. And what I saw there was a display of ignorance and unwill to do anything else than to press [W] until the enemy is reached and then spam until you are hacked down. It was literally zombie-like. And whenever I saw a clan on the server, they usually stuck together, follow by not more than a hand full of random teammates who know how things are done, but the rest going for the autowalker-Rambo-lemming mode business as usual. And even those clan group usually tended to seperate from the team, to have a glorious last stand. Byzantinum did this on purpose for example, and admitted it. This is nothing I'd call teamplay.

Can be that your observations differ from mine. But my perception is all I got for judging things, and I described my perception above. Enemy team waiting in some ruins, having cavalry superiority, my team charging over the open field three or four times in a row, having 50% losses only due to cavalry, I write "wait for THEM to come, or their cav will always ride you down while you are moving" and all I get as answer is "no, just charge". How fucking braindead is this? It kills my fun on public servers, and makes me write those suggestions.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2013, 03:46:15 pm »
+1
No, you did not. But it's (one of the few) more or less accepted opinions in the forum that battle mode should turn into conquest mode.

where is that written? I seems more like you transfer your personal opinion onto others.

also how you interpret this info from the other secret thing?  "Not many changes planned there, don't fix it if it ain't broken. The classic battle will stay. "

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2013, 03:53:56 pm »
where is that written? I seems more like you transfer your personal opinion onto others.

Of course I'd like conquest mode. But whenever it is mentioned on the forum (not only by me) I usually see a few comments agreeing, and no comments declining it. Which on this forum already mean something.

But to be honest, I don't believe anything will be done about the game, either. I think it's dead. I just wanted to see how people like my idea. They do not, in general, bad luck for me, but doesn't change anything anyways. Even if everyone went crazy and I got like +200 for my suggestion, nothing would be done. The At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square., chadz didn't even bother to appoint his successors.

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2013, 03:56:59 pm »
I haven't played battle for some time, but it was the only mode I played while I was active. [...]
So, you don't play battle, maybe not even the game and still you feel fit to make suggestions? Am I really supposed to take anything coming from you concerning the mod serious?

If you're not playing, you're not in the position to make proper suggestions.

I get more and more the impression that you're actually just jumping around, shouting "LOOK AT ME! LOOOOOOK AT MEEEEE!"

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2013, 03:59:22 pm »
So, you don't play battle, maybe not even the game and still you feel fit to make suggestions? Am I really supposed to take anything coming from you concerning the mod serious?

If you're not playing, you're not in the position to make proper suggestions.

I think I was on the servers for the last time two or three months ago. I know there has been a lot of change and new fathers and patches and such lately, but still I hope the game is the same after all the time?  :?

Seriously, I have over 1500hours of WB, with a good part of it being cRPG.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2013, 04:01:41 pm »
+1
Battle mode never changed. What was true about it the day after the doom patch that ruined everything back in january 2011 is still true now.

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2013, 04:16:54 pm »
...says another guy rarely playing Battle.