Poll

Remove the worthless peice of shit grief tool.

Yes its fuckin retarded and full of holes...
71 (64%)
No i have a small penis and like to grief others.
40 (36%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Author Topic: Remove the fuckin grief nominate tool all rdy....  (Read 4701 times)

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
Re: Remove the fuckin grief nominate tool all rdy....
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 10:54:06 am »
Change it if its messed up to a 0x multiplier and remove the log off button and block alt x!

Or maybe some gold penalty, like you lose 250 gold if someone pressed M, and the -1x multiplier penalty.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 10:57:53 am »
No need to get all ragey.  :rolleyes:

I get it though, it's really annoying. Don't worry, the devs and chadz realize it's too easy to abuse and i'm pretty sure it will be changed.

Word of warning to the 'leecher-nominate-abusers' out there: everything is getting logged. Some people might find out that their abuse had consequences after all. Trust me, it's not worth it.

For now: ask the leech-nominate-abuser not to do it and / or ask for an admin to kick or temp-ban the leech-nominate abuser.

Are you saying that you will punish the people who aboozed it?? that would make my day since the assholes laughed in my face and admin on the server did shit.. after i told them...... :cry:

Also sometimes its fuckin impossible to even take notice of who nominated you because in combat with all the text spam in the lower left corner blocks it out...

Phaz its kinda impossible not to rage when your lvl 25 trying to gain some xp on a constant team switching random luck roller-coaster and when u finnaly get some decent multi some random douche bag fucks it up...

« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 11:00:37 am by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2011, 11:19:11 am »
Unfortunate that it's abused, but that's the nature of online gaming. I've used it myself, but I always give someone the benefit of the doubt (let some time pass, a round, or some respawns) before using it. Due to the way it's being used by many, however, (constantly, on everyone who's away for less than a minute, people who stop to type something on a wall, on opponents in combat, et cetera) it should be removed.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2011, 02:03:22 pm »
Word of warning to the 'leecher-nominate-abusers' out there: everything is getting logged. Some people might find out that their abuse had consequences after all. Trust me, it's not worth it.

For now: ask the leech-nominate-abuser not to do it and / or ask for an admin to kick or temp-ban the leech-nominate abuser.

not that im an abuser, but i use this once in awhile (most of the guys are actually afk leechers, some just like to not move at all untill they get nominated)

Anyways, this just means that ppl will be afraid to use it when they actually see a leecher...

btw, the devs themselves talked about this as a mini-game and came up with plans on how to make people try to leech-kick you only to lose a multiplier themselves... doesnt really encourage not-abusing?

Offline ViiKOLD

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2011, 02:13:08 pm »
I use it sometimes, cause we still have leachers who just simply prolong match or just hide in bushes and do nothing.
But I had funny experience two times already, some guys hide without a weapon and just sit there and wait to be reported, then they hit M and continue to leach until admin kicks them :lol:

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2011, 02:21:50 pm »
Nothing wrong with using it to try and get a real leecher kicked. But try talking fist, see if he responds. If you get no response and he really seems inactive, go ahead and use it.
Just don't abuse it by trying to nominate people you know aren't inactive or afk.

Offline ViiKOLD

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2011, 02:37:09 pm »
Well, dead ppl can't talk to alive and if you are alive it's a bit weird to run around and talk to possible leachers when you have an enemy to kill.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2011, 05:23:56 pm »
Now for a shameless bit of advertising:

The NA Acre server, when I am online and moderating, has never had a single case of abuse of this tool...

So why not stop by, eh?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2011, 06:13:03 pm »
Now for a shameless bit of advertising:

The NA Acre server, when I am online and moderating, has never had a single case of abuse of this tool...

So why not stop by, eh?

Dont like to play with 158ish ping.... lmao
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline chaosegg

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • gen 19 Escapist, Philosurfer, Voluntaryist
    • View Profile
    • I need to know why.
  • Faction: Tigurini
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2011, 06:32:39 pm »
I won't play CRPG any more till it is fixed or removed.
since we all *know its a great pleasure to obey swearing and threatening, dudes this will surely help. :rolleyes:
Not a threat... just how I feel. (agree with you on the swearing though)
I really love the game; I want to play it and donate more for it, since I spend so much of my free time on it...
but this feature just makes me furious beyond any reasonable measure,
and there's no real positive aspect to help balance out the added stress it causes...
so... I'll just play other games.

On topic, I absolutely do not understand why this system was deleveloped and put time in.
There will allways be need of admins and so long as admins are online everything worked fine before the patch. Maybe it was thought to reduce the work for admins but like the others said here its only increasing the work. Now they have to observe if the nomination tool is used correctly, very absurd.
Well said.
"All true warriors travel the same river of blood, if one is disgraced, all are disgraced; if one finds his death in glory, so do we all find glory.
No true warrior would allow another to suffer unjust disgrace or begrudge him the fruits of a well-earned victory."

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2011, 06:45:25 pm »
Nothing wrong with using it to try and get a real leecher kicked. But try talking fist, see if he responds. If you get no response and he really seems inactive, go ahead and use it.
Just don't abuse it by trying to nominate people you know aren't inactive or afk.

i usually kick them, and if they dont react, i qml them

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Dedicated siege tower pusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2011, 11:25:52 pm »
I confirm. It is not well thought.

End of the round, 10 people of my team are chasing the last ennemy still alive. I don't see the point in running after him, so I stand still waiting for the next round.
Then, a certain 22nd_Devlin used the leecher nomination to kick me... nice try smart boy... I could have been away from my screen.

It is a too powerful tool to be let in the hands of retarded. Remove it. Let the admins in charge.

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2011, 12:19:42 am »
I have already given the devs the only tool needed to address all admin issues.

Give us the ability for players to press a button an speak directly to the admins, they use it in the persistent worlds mod and it is fantastic.

If you want to see all your little worries go away, please go to the Suggestions thread and everyone make a thread requesting this, or go to my thread in the suggestions section and Give it your endorsement.

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,4737.0.html

That is my thread, go there and vote and solve all the problems!!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 12:41:58 am by Nindur »

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2011, 05:06:58 pm »
I confirm. It is not well thought.

End of the round, 10 people of my team are chasing the last ennemy still alive. I don't see the point in running after him, so I stand still waiting for the next round.
Then, a certain 22nd_Devlin used the leecher nomination to kick me... nice try smart boy... I could have been away from my screen.

It is a too powerful tool to be let in the hands of retarded. Remove it. Let the admins in charge.

Hes a douche bag but hes timeing is flawless he griefed me 10 sec after spawn when battle started so i couldnt react

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2011, 07:18:59 pm »
Stop fighting and go vote in my thread to solve all your problems!!