Author Topic: Buff Swashbuckling?  (Read 5620 times)

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
Re: Buff Swashbuckling?
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2013, 07:39:52 pm »
+1
I do, it's great weapon, don't touch it.

I claim rights of ''I bought it first, deal with it'' to overrule you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2013, 08:08:05 pm »
im 1h no shield atm and i like it, i agree it is a weakness to everything, all it has really is speed but it doesn't need a buff.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2013, 08:15:44 pm »
+3
(click to show/hide)

Hiding stats of char...  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2013, 08:29:12 pm »
+1
Hiding stats of char...  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
yeahh my build is unique, so i don't want people knowing it but i show that i have 147 1h WPF and 0 shield skill.

proof im 1H no shield.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2013, 08:32:23 pm »
+1
yeahh my build is unique, so i don't want people knowing it but i show that i have 147 1h WPF and 0 shield skill.

proof im 1H no shield.

Still very lame

Lulz, that's why 3/4 of my hits are overheads :rolleyes: As Teeth said already people suck at blocking 1h overheads, so stop spamming left and "everybody who blocks left by default" will be screwed.

I play 1h no shield naked and regularly get valor, I don't think you need to tell me to "stop spamming left". In fact I personally use the right swing a lot, and keep overheads for the slow enemies. People just suck at blocking any kind of overhead. 1h overheads are simply harder to land than those of other classes (against people that know how to use their a and d keys anyway) because they don't stay active that long, which forces you to be fast and they don't cover that much ground when you move them, which forces you to be accurate. All this relative to other weapon classes. Especially against people with 8+ ath, there's a high risk it will simply miss.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 08:42:41 pm by Kafein »

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2013, 08:38:29 pm »
He is even hiding his gold.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2013, 09:12:59 pm »
+4
There are polearms and 2h usable with and without shield, so I don't know why 1h should be an exception.
Perhaps because the entire concept of a 'one handed weapon', pretty much dictates that you are always able to use a shield with it.

Saxon, you are also cav right? Which hardly makes your k/d representative for being a swashbuckler, but that was actually exactly my k/d as a swashbuckler. Oh and Kafein and Bob, stop pretending that 1h animations are bad, they are amazing.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2013, 09:15:20 pm »
+1
Actually, not really teeth. The other hand would be free to punch/grab or whatever. In warband we don't have this yet.
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2013, 09:16:40 pm »
Actually, not really teeth. The other hand would be free to punch/grab or whatever. In warband we don't have this yet.
How does being able to use your other hand to punch or grab with a one handed weapon mean that you wouldn't be able to use a shield with it?

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2013, 09:18:21 pm »
+1
When did I make such a statement? Shield is only extra armor, and like every other armor it does slow you down.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2013, 09:20:50 pm »
This is what I stated:
Perhaps because the entire concept of a 'one handed weapon', pretty much dictates that you are always able to use a shield with it.
Which you then denied:
Actually, not really teeth. The other hand would be free to punch/grab or whatever.
Ergo, you say that you wouldn't be able to use a shield with it, because the other hand would be free to punch/grab or whatever.

Which makes no sense, therefore my post.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2013, 09:29:40 pm »
+2
I didn't deny what you said. I just said that the entire concept of one handed weapon, dictates that you can always use a shield with them; which doesn't mean all of them were designed to be used with a shield. There's nothing wrong with your argument but it is just a bit misleading given the point of view it reflects. It's same as saying "The concept of a weapon, pretty much dictates that you are always able to use an armor with it". You surely can use an armor and you mostly do if you can equip yourself with an armor before moving on to battle, but you do not need to.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2013, 09:39:18 pm »
I didn't deny what you said. I just said that the entire concept of one handed weapon, dictates that you can always use a shield with them; which doesn't mean all of them were designed to be used with a shield. There's nothing wrong with your argument but it is just a bit misleading given the point of view it reflects. It's same as saying "The concept of a weapon, pretty much dictates that you are always able to use an armor with it". You surely can use an armor and you mostly do if you can equip yourself with an armor before moving on to battle, but you do not need to.
I can't really read 'not really' as something else than at least partly denying the statement it reacts to. I used to term 'able to' to imply that using a shield is always a possibility, I don't think that is in any way misleading and I think it is a fact. I guess we are just having a misunderstanding, so I will rephrase for clarity. :

The concept of a one handed weapon makes not being able to use one with a shield a bit ridiculous.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2013, 10:01:37 pm »
Yeah. My choice of vocabulary wasn't perfect I agree. No need to discuss such a petty thing :)

I suppose the "one handers not being able to use with a shield" is not for the realism sake. It is to make some onehander weapons unique to the swashbuckler class, to be able to give them identical stats to 2handers.

I think, the effects of having a free left arm must have an influence. That is the only buff the swashbuckler class deserves. Being able to punch could have been nice for instance.
Besides, it could have been better if some one handed weapons could get a secondary mode like "without a shield". Instead of a couple of different swords that can't be used with shields.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2013, 10:21:55 pm »
Oh and Kafein and Bob, stop pretending that 1h animations are bad, they are amazing.

I never outright siad they were bad, I think, maybe I did, but I might have been drunk at that time, no they're not bad, don't think they're amazing either, at least no compared to other weapons.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art