Author Topic: UK in or out of the EU?  (Read 2121 times)

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
UK in or out of the EU?
« on: May 07, 2013, 06:33:46 pm »
With the promises of referendums, the Tories clamouring for more debate and wide spread gains for the euro septic UKIP in the elections what are your thoughts on the uk? Do non brits even care :-D

If your from the uk i would like to see your views and please say if you went to uni or not, I am curious to see if there is a trend :-P
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Darkoveride

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Steppe armor best armor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans.
  • Game nicks: GK_Darko, Commissar Darko
Re: UK in or out of the EU?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 06:50:55 pm »
If we leave the EU then tax payers will be picking up the brunt of the costs for reforms, the laws that are currently under EU regulation will need to re established and policed. Subsidies to alot sectors will need to be covered too. There are benefits where red tape will in theory be cut (slightly skeptical that it wont just be replaced by more bullshit.)

(This is coming from someone who operates a large retail business and links to many other sectors.)

Basically there are no clear cut way to side both have similar positives and negatives to each other. The only thing for certain is leaving will cost alot  and in many ways.

( no uni for me , Army trained and educated to university levels in a few sectors tho.)
BUBASTAN FOR LIFE

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 07:08:35 pm »
+7
UK only joined the EU for 1- economic reasons, and 2- because they still look at european political unification as a horrible, horrible thing, the same way they've viewed it since they had any power to affect it. Geopolitically the interaction between the UK and the european mainland for hundreds of years now basically consists of "we'll keep them nice and divided and fighting each other because a continental superpower would be terrible for us" a.k.a so-called Balance of Power. Their main intention concerning the EU so far as I can see has been to sabotage it and slow down the process of political integration as much as possible. 

TL;DR: Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Osiris

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 08:20:01 pm »
Well every country played the balance of power game unless they tried to conquer the continent.

I'm going to try to pick some stuff out from the web to get things started, I'm currently euro sceptic and would vote for leaving, I haven't read a massive amount of material and I'm sure i will learn more as the real debating starts and my mind may be changed who knows I'm open like that :-D

Note : don't call me a moron/idiot for only posting pros its supposed to be talked about if i was going to post pros and cons id just paste the website ^^.

Jobs, a euro sceptic think tank reckons leaving the eu but not the eea would create 1 million jobs.

Monies! We put 8.9 billion into the eu budget, a ukip mp puts total outlay at 65 billion pounds

Britain would be free to control all its laws, including human rights that really piss some brits off. (Like the eu saying we need to give prisoners a vote)

Influence, debatable if we even have any influence in the franco-german led EU

Immigration is a hot talking point here but I'd have to see what our policy would be first.

Linkage http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20448450

Sorry for the poor post I'm on my tablet and it isn't so easy :-D

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 09:33:36 pm »
Leave EU so we can do whatever the fuck we like with immigration, terrorists and just about everything else where our laws are concerned. Democracy is fucking pointless when there are EU 'dictators' saying we can't deport a terrorist even though the entire country wants him out because he might face an "unfair" trial, so then with our tax money we have to house, feed and protect him.  Sure things are moving ahead now via different methods but the EU has hindered his deportation and trial for so long and it has cost us tax payers a lot of money, he should have been booted out of the country long ago, he isn't our fucking problem and we don't give a toss how fair his trial is.

We also don't need any more immigrant workers, yet they continue to flood here because of EU laws, I do not blame them, I work with a couple of eastern Europeans and can see the appeal for them to come here. In many situations it's a group of them sharing a house together living on the minimums meaning that it doesn't cost them much at all to rent a house as the rent is split between them all along with other bills. They happily work for less money as it isn't costing them much to live here, in turn many employers are forcing lower wages across the board.

My father will be taking his redundancy payment in August because his depot is closing and at the new depot they want him to take a pay cut of £7.5k a year, whilst doing exactly the same job, at the same efficiency level and having to drive 2 hours a day to get to work and back, costing him a lot more money on fuel and car maintenance than now, why? because the company knows if the native population cannot afford to work for peanuts and potatoes they know the eastern Europeans can.

They also save a lot of money and send it back/take it back home, actively taking money out of our economy,  the sole reason most of them are here is to save enough money to buy a house and other luxuries back in their native countries, so they are happy to live on just the basics to survive, scraping by, as it means they save more money and are better off when they go home, whilst having put only a small amount of the money back into the economy. Certainly needs to be a solid cap on how many immigrant workers we have in the country at one time and skills should play a vital part on who we allow to work here.

Yeah, this is how I see it in my own eyes anyway, there are probably people that disagree with me but this IS how it is effecting the town I live in. Fuck the EU, we can struggle for another year but we'll be better off without them in the long run.

Offline Henry_Broodsonson

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsfhny3oz3o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 09:49:30 pm »
+2
I for one support our american overlords.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 10:01:25 pm »
+4
Leave EU, please.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 10:02:55 pm »
If your from the uk i would like to see your views and please say if you went to uni or not, I am curious to see if there is a trend :-P

I'm undecided. EU is a meddling arse of a system but it does have some benefits. Trade being a main one. If there was evidence of us being able to secure significant trade agreements with other countries I'd be all for it. Biggest mistake we ever made was not making commonwealth countries sign for trade agreements as part of an independence deal.

I'm from the UK and went to Uni.

Offline Henry_Broodsonson

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsfhny3oz3o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 10:03:38 pm »
O, I see what happened there.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 10:43:19 pm »
+8
Replace EU with smaller, local unions where the mindsets of the people are more compatible.

Middle European Grand Association: Austria, Benelux, France, Germany,  North Italy and maybe even Poland+Czech

Scandinavian Confederate Union of Men: Denmark, Finnland, Norway, Sweden and maybe Baltic states

Iberian and North African Nations Enterprise: Algeria, Morocco, Portugal, Spain, Tunesia

Balkan Union and Mediterran States: Ex-Yugo states, Greece, South Italy
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 11:36:42 pm by Paul »

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2013, 10:48:25 pm »
Ive always been pro eu, despite the massive lobbying from ukip in my home region.

the whole uni tangent is bs, i know plenty of people who are very anti-eu at uni.
Turtles

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 10:58:16 pm »
+3
Im a non-brit and I care a lot.

a unified Europe is the only solution to remaining competetive in the future world, territority and manpower-wise.
With India becoming a superpower in the next 100 years, China already beeing one(AND gaining more influence every day)and the rising of the other asian countrys like thailand and korea (I wont even start on Africa and its unlimited potential in the next century(s)), it is VITAL to fuse the European Block(The Countrys all beeing relatively compatible, culture-wise)into one Nation(Foreign Policy-wise).

The current European union as Insititution is not short of flaws, but it is a step towards a united europe, and possibly after that, a united world.

Which is, in short, why I would want the UK to stay in the EU.

Also, you guys are cool.We´d miss ya.

Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2794
  • Infamy: 2781
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2013, 11:06:48 pm »
+2
Serbia will gladly fill the void left by UK :mrgreen:

Offline Osiris

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2013, 11:12:16 pm »
Ive always been pro eu, despite the massive lobbying from ukip in my home region.

the whole uni tangent is bs, i know plenty of people who are very anti-eu at uni.

Which is why i asked casimir ^^ i decided to do a college course instead of uni but my uni mates came back like clones :-D

A united European state sounds terrible and i hope not in my lifetime

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2013, 11:22:49 pm »
I support UK leaving, same way I support USA splitting up into individual states, UK splitting up into Scotland, North Ireland, and England, and in general just about any bigger group splitting up into smaller groups.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.