Author Topic: The steppe winds  (Read 19697 times)

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
Re: The steppe winds
« Reply #195 on: May 10, 2013, 08:09:08 pm »
+2
Ohay where did all the puns go?

Still wondering why we have so many forum warriors in a medieval battle game thing, can't we all just be nerds together.

The forums bring us together in glorious battles of nerd rage. What more do you want?!

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #196 on: May 10, 2013, 08:53:45 pm »
+4
This thread obviously requires a reading comprehension level above Grade 5, I'm fucked.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #197 on: May 10, 2013, 08:54:39 pm »
+4
I really appreciate the roleplay, themed campaign and good attitude from (most of) the Raven guys in this thread. Keep that up guys!

On the other hand, I can understand the FCC to be disappointed with the timing of these events. Honestly, nobody can say the FCC has ever shied away from a war. As it happens, they were already involved in some wars before this declaration came along. I am sure if the timing was better, everyone on their side would embrace the attack!

The timing as it is is less than ideal for the FCC though and for this "coincidence" I can see why some people on the FCC side feel like the FimbuRavens could have been a little less opportunistic timing wise. But as some people already said, it's a war game and friendships don't count much (and maybe shouldn't).

What I am personally disappointed about is about the chance for FCC (with a small Remnant component) to finally get Choaps and their allies busy. Just at the time when a large offensive on Chopas was about to begin, this declaration of war forced everyone in the FCC Strat faction to turn around and play defensive instead. We are missing out on some nice battles because of that and that makes me a sad panda dyna.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • Renown: 608
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 10, 2013, 08:56:33 pm »
+7
Good luck in your battles today FCC!'

RP portion so I don't get muted:

Lord Cikel cackled to himself. The messenger ravens cawd and cawd like a type of animal that makes cawing sounds. Lord Cikel the 4th scribbled some scribblings upon a piece of parchment. He then grabbed a raven by its neck and tied the message to it. It read "GG NOOBS"

Later that day Lord Cikel felt the rumblings inside of his stomach. "HMM" he said to no one in particular. He then went to the kitches where he found his trusty servant Badoon muttering to himself. "WHAT WAS THAT SERVANT?" Lerd Cikel DEMANDED. "Oh nothing me lord" Badoon said bowing his head in reverence. "THATS MORE LIKE IT" BOOMED Lord Cikel. Badoon began to blush as Lord Cikel silently moved towards him, longing in his eyes. Badoon let out a sigh as Lord Cikel moved up behind him, mouth inches from the back of Badoon's neck. Lord Cikel leaned ever closer, lips comfortably close to Badoon's ear. Badoon could feel Lord Cikel's hot breath and became visibly excited. "Y-Y-Yes my Lord?" Badoon managed. "SHHH" Lord Cikel comforted, "Now is not the time for words"

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Canuck
« Reply #199 on: May 10, 2013, 09:01:26 pm »
+1
Part 1 of strategy: engage in hostility with groups tangentially related to FCC.
Part 2 of strategy: engage in passive-aggressive hostility with FCC proper by attacking an incidental caravan, for some reason, whose loot will only benefit us in a meager way.
Part 3 of strategy: sit on things for a while/wait and see what happens.
Part 5 of strategy: watch allies make ineffective attacks at neighboring enemy fiefs.
Part 6 of strategy: have members take armies to strike into the heart of enemy territory and lose their fights.
Part 7 of strategy: try to taunt the Keshian until it becomes so cross that it makes a mistake.
Part 8 of strategy: Keep a very lazy eye on our territory. Wait until more people are ready to do a thing.
Part 9 is a work in progress, and it may be the bit that makes the least sense yet.

It's a process so devious and discordant that it can only properly be understood retrospectively, and even then it doesn't quite rightly come to light. It's the energy of chaos incarnate, random acts made manifest by the sheer willpower of people who've got a chip on their shoulder and nothing to lose. Ours is the time of disaffected players turning their backs on everything, while we've got no choice but to do something reckless and crazy. Well, we'll own up to that, alright, even if it's not much of anything.

It's CHAOS for the XP gods, and the only winner here is everyone.

The missing part 4 of their chaotic plan. Might fall under parts 5 and 6 too.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 09:08:01 pm by Canuck »

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #200 on: May 10, 2013, 09:05:20 pm »
+15
it was only a matter of time before the RP posts turned into homosexual vampire erotica.

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #201 on: May 11, 2013, 12:50:37 am »
+8
it was only a matter of time before the RP posts turned into homosexual vampire erotica.

Thats it next RP post I do is about us charging into Ambean, throwing down are weapons/shield and stripping off our armor for one gigantic Raven/FCC orgy.

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 11, 2013, 12:55:51 am »
+3
Thats it next RP post I do is about us charging into Ambean, throwing down are weapons/shield and stripping off our armor for one gigantic Raven/FCC orgy.

Frisia isn't invited; they aren't as experienced with poles as you guys.

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #203 on: May 11, 2013, 01:18:26 am »
+6
Frisia isn't invited; they aren't as experienced with poles as you guys.

That's fine, I have my horse. I don't need you nerd-scum. Her name is Kesh by the way. Besides, you guys are weird with the whole tranny thing.

Also now that I am finally unmuted I welcome a re-mute with this one earth-shattering, argument-winning, conflict-defining, ass-splitting, bigger-and-truer-than-life-itself phrase to regain the honor of every person insulted by FCC in this thread:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 01:34:41 am by Daruvian »

Offline Deltah

• Count
  • Renown: 236
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
  • Good pumpernickel is so hard to come by.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Dracul, Dracul, Dracul, Dracul, Dracul,
  • Game nicks: Dracul_Deltah_The_ASS_PRINCE, Hemorrhoid_Hero
« Reply #204 on: May 11, 2013, 02:07:40 am »
+8
In a not so distant land and a time far far away, the Draculmancers were perched inside the steel belly of a great hawk-like blackbird, preparing for their next raid on the cossack threat that has been spoiling what was once the great steppes. Readying themselves for war, they sat in the hollow bird. Among their company was the glorious leader Artyem(peace be upon him), McDeltah The O'Fearless, Larry the Mystically Cheetallic, and a travelling spiritual doppelganger of the "Old One."

After a long chat over a magically entuned sound reception talisman, Artyem called out " Hey brethren, I hearsay FCC and Fimbulvetr are going to war back in the old realm of sword and horsery." "I don't give a fuck." Replied McDeltah. "I really want to buy a nova scotia arms .30-69 spudular cannon," said Larricus, out of context. The Old One then said something so sensible that his fellow Draculmancers couldn't even comprehend, and they went about their business as though he had said nothing at all. He does that from time to time.
The belly of the avian beast churned open, and the Draculmancers dropped forth onto the ground.

The air was thick with sand, but even thicker with the screams of angered steppe residents. They began to pelt the party with stones flying with excessive speed. The company retorted with their own arms. Deltah's below-decks mounted trebuchet began making waste of the assailants with due haste. Thin leaden shells filled with quicklime began to fill the air.

After a long and drawn out engagement, the Draculmancers licked their wounds, and formed around a campfire whilst Artyem called forth another bird.
"Where the fuck is the Saucey one?" exclaimed Deltah. " "The Whorelock Celinthe has entwined him in her own cartoonish dimension and set him to an endless grind," replied The Old One. Deltah wanted to drive forth into the land, slay the sultry enchantress, and free his battle brother. But this dimension was one he knew well. It was one they had all known well. Even McDeltah The O'Fearless, a man who would hula-hoop with lucifer's own nightmares just to boast of it afterwards, shivered with disgust at the mere mention of its name.

And so there our heroes sat. Not giving a fuck.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 03:56:38 pm by Deltah »
Bring me that ASS.

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #205 on: May 11, 2013, 10:25:18 pm »
+6
Raven war grinds to a halt due to Mothers day on Sunday. I completely forgot about the day, as my mother has been dead for decades. So yeah. To all you young folks out there, give your mother a nice day. All Raven attacks will recommence on Sunday evening (to be fought on Monday).

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 11, 2013, 10:33:03 pm »
+6
Raven war grinds to a halt due to Mothers day on Sunday. I completely forgot about the day, as my mother has been dead for decades. So yeah. To all you young folks out there, give your mother a nice day. All Raven attacks will recommence on Sunday evening (to be fought on Monday).

Tis a good thing as many poor Calradian mothers will be missing sons and daughters once these battles get going.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #207 on: May 12, 2013, 01:28:38 am »
Tis a good thing as many poor Calradian mothers will be missing sons and daughters once these battles get going.

You beat me to it you son of a lovely lady.

Go enjoy Mother's Day errbuddy!
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #208 on: May 12, 2013, 02:27:44 am »
+1
You beat me to it you son of a lovely lady.

Go enjoy Mother's Day errbuddy!

Sadly Jesus hates mothers :(  Never knew he had a weird hatred of Mary.... or maybe it was an oedipus complex.

Also, i think Anders is jealous that Dach's fief is a better trading castle than his now - he instantly signed up for jesus on this one.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #209 on: May 12, 2013, 02:58:50 am »
Sadly Jesus hates mothers :(  Never knew he had a weird hatred of Mary.... or maybe it was an oedipus complex.

Also, i think Anders is jealous that Dach's fief is a better trading castle than his now - he instantly signed up for jesus on this one.

Heh.

He asked me to sign up for his battles so I've been mercing for him primarily cause of that.

Also his isn't as good as mine. Way better gear(more of it too) and better discounts. Only thing his has better is goods price.