Author Topic: My best recorded example of 2h sword hitting through block.  (Read 7778 times)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
Re: My best recorded example of 2h sword hitting through block.
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2011, 10:12:21 pm »
Well, it only seems to happen for overheads, at least on this video. Would you say it mostly happens with overheads or every type of hit?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2011, 10:24:47 pm »
You play for many months yet you fall for the simplest trick there is, the held attack. The hits are going through because you release the RMB too soon, easy as that. The video does NOT show the hits going through your block, it shows your lack of blocking skill.

I'm not trying to insult you here, but don't try to cover up your failure by saying it went through your block, when in fact, you weren't blocking at the very moment the hit hit.

I'm not trying to cover anything up, I made this thread convinced that attacks are going through my blocks.... I'm now trying to be more patient with blocking instead of being over-eager to dish out attacks.

And, yeah overheads tend to go through more than side attacks but I have been hit through side attacks and have recorded that also.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 10:26:06 pm by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2011, 12:35:43 am »
If you want advice, lower your mouse sens. It's way too high, your camera is very very jerky there when it should be smooth. And yeah, clear case of you releasing block too early, happens.

Apart from the jerky camera movement because of too high sens, you're not actually being too frantic like some people say. If you want to go for a hyperactive playstyle (this ain't even it, though) you need to have control, which you clearly lack.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • I blind my enemies with pure awesomenes
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Radox_II
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2011, 12:40:33 am »
I had smillar situation with my shield, the swing went trough it despite the fact it was risen, however I was just about to launch a counter swing and kind of released and clicked the right mouse button when I realised its to late, so I assume that graphicaly the shield was up, but the character received command to pull it down exactly when the swing came. Thats wht I think at least.

Offline Fyre

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • Is this a dagger which I see before me?
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fyre (cRPG), MrX (Native)
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2011, 12:53:25 am »
In addition to not holding the block, considering this seems mostly to be happening with overheads, the other guy was probably turning into his overheads a little as well. I can't really tell cause the video isn't great, but I would assume that the overhead hits after it's gone past the point where it should hit. Kind of like a lolstab.
Sigspace to be filled later.

Offline Dan lol

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • ROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLIN
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: If you can't handle me at my durst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my fredst.
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2011, 01:00:47 am »
oh cool a video of a backpedaling long hafted blade spammer who can't block, you don't see that every day

JABONRA
His mother's asshole, I tragedy

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2011, 01:41:44 am »
oh cool a video of a backpedaling long hafted blade spammer who can't block, you don't see that every day

oh cool an idiot spewing what he believes to be smart well informed comments, but is infact spamming ill informed dribble with judgement that would make a 3 year old look more intelligent on a forum... you don't see that every day
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 01:44:42 am by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2011, 01:46:10 am »
It's bloody annoying when people say this and that and this and that is OP, when they use the easiest frag harvesting weapons in the mod, being 2h swords.

You are doing exactly the same thing, but you don't seem to understand this.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2011, 02:27:55 am »
Before the last patch there were definitely phantom blocks and strikes, with weapons going straight through obvious blocks, such as at the start of a 1 v 1 where you know your hit will be blocked but you just go through the motions to start the fight off. There was the time when Tenne shot me and I started following him, wondering where he's got me from, and saw him forced into melee and killed after his weapon went straight through his opponent, doing no harm at all - it was obvious.

Since the patch I'm not sure... I may have had one or two phantom blocks but nothing's 100% certain so far. I may have seen one phantom strike on a roof vs an archer too, but that's not 100% either.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2011, 02:35:36 am »
Got to say I do believe there are phantom blocks, I have seen the mistimed blocks, done them myself on many occasions, but there are definitely some hitbox issues. However, more recently I have been playing more ranged so I can't say what things are like post-patch.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Smoketh

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2011, 03:05:35 am »
Since we are on the subject of blocking I've been wondering about something. It seems much easier to block in native than in CRPG, I was playing fire and sword and native warband today and it seemed much easier to block attacks. I normally use a katana in crpg, I dunno if that has somethin to do with it or if there is more lag on crpg since the native server I was on had less players, or maybe it's simply that people swing faster because of stats :?:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 03:11:22 am by Smoketh »

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2011, 03:14:30 am »
Most players in crpg swing slower now, but yeah, lag is a problem for many people.

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2011, 06:17:03 am »
Yeah, i know this from my buckler, too.

I donĀ“t release the block and suddenly a frontal hit goes through and i am dead.

Offline Astinus

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Armata Brancaleone
  • Game nicks: AB_Astinus
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2011, 07:47:54 am »
They should have added a small crushtrought ability for big weapons, so that they won't be blocked by knives or other tiny weapons. Well I'm not sure it hab been already added, but Urist was speaking about it in irc some time ago. By the way it doesn't seem our case it, it looks more like a fail block attempt

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2011, 07:56:27 am »
It's not going through your blocks, you're tapping your block & thus failing. You didn't wait for the weapon to hit, you looked panicked by the way the screen was jerking all over the place. I'm not trolling, shit happens, & it may look like its going 'through' your block but it's not, you let go of your block at the right moment to let it in, you did it at the end with his delayed side swing as well.

^
This.  You were just failing while panicking as an s-key hero.  That's the outcome.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?