Author Topic: How to deal with 2h?  (Read 2322 times)

Offline betard_lulz

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 167
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
How to deal with 2h?
« on: April 25, 2013, 11:19:53 pm »
+4
SO as a shielder (15/17 atm) I've noticed 2h dont really "recoil" off my shield or even weapon sometimes(Iberian mace) when I succesfully block them yet I recoil off of stuff that blocks me. What gives? anyone have any suggestions on how to fight a 2h person? 

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
Re: How to deal with 2h?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 11:22:00 pm »
SpamspamspamspamsPam and .... spam. Standard-tactic for any situation in today's cRPG...
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline betard_lulz

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 11:30:59 pm »
+2
halp. I'm really curious to know why 2h's dont recoil or at least the majority dont and only some guys who swing 2h's do
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 11:35:11 pm by betard_lulz »

Offline Daniisme

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 11:34:41 pm »
I find it the best way to counter a 2 hander is to chamber the fuck out of them.

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 11:35:05 pm »
+5
halp. I'm really ucrious to know why 2h's dont recoil or at least the majority dont and only some guys who swing 2h's do

because they cry better than the other classes, and their class never got a major nerf.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • Renown: 608
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 11:39:11 pm »
+3
How did I not realize this was a whiney wa wa 2h thread veiled as a question

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 11:39:14 pm »
+2
Best way to counter 2hander, is ranged. Get a ranged sidearm; throwing, crossbow etc.

Or spears and teamwork.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline bigsean

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Idlewild, BigSean, Tacabro
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 11:40:36 pm »
sounds like glancing

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 11:44:20 pm »
try to get around him, always hold your shield between you and the twohander. twohander is a little bit too strong, but they are beatable.

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 11:56:42 pm »
Sounds like what you're referring to is probably the way a player swings. Depending on how one moves with the swing, before during and after, it might give the impression of "recoiling" or not. Swing and pull back? Recoil. Swing and keep moving in the same direction with another swing or something, doesn't look like a recoil it's more of one smooth motion. I'm not so sure there's actually a game mechanic that deals with recoiling as such, but who knows. Not I.

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2013, 12:47:47 am »
Its all in the footwork and proper timing. If you see a 2 handers trying to feint like a mofo dont respect is feints too much.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2013, 12:52:09 am »
+2
If you think he's a spammer you need to move with your swings, start quite fast after he hits the shield (listen to the sound of him hiting it. Don't get fooled by hold + wiggles), and keep your camera so that your swings will hit him quite early in the animation.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2013, 01:17:17 am »
+4
2h has their weaknesses. Thrust has relatively long stun so with a weapon heavy and fast enough you can hit then before they actually recover from that hit. I'm trying to use this against most of the 2handers I can't "out feint".
Also 2h hilt slash is relatively risky if you can attack back fast enough = they rely on it too much.

So, if a 2hander makes a thrust try to predict when it will contact so you might be able to take advantage of their thrust stun.
Also, if you're fighting with a 2hander, attack back as fast as you can. Leave no room for them to hiltslash. (I find it hilarious how even the best players get to feel my axe of their face because they tried to hiltslash me) This way you might be able to land a few hits, or at least force them to be more careful and not to use their superior attack animations anymore. After you've attacked back at them a few times start using feints again. (I find delayed overheads the hardest ones to block, and delayed leftswings impossible to chamber)

+ you're using an Iberian mace = most op shit on the mod. Knockdown, superior damage, balanced, fast, unglancing leftswing...

+ 1 more thing that I realised. A simple trick that works against bad/average players:  Block once, again, again and again. Now they think their spam has suppressed you, so aim at their head and swing as fast as you can. You might surprise them and get a nice bonus damage for hit on the head + knockdown.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 09:55:38 am by Lennu »

Offline betard_lulz

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2013, 01:30:27 am »
+2
By recoil I mean when his weapon hits my weapon or shield it just kind of sticks. where as if I hit a shield or another weapon my weapon IMMEDIATELY AFTER CONTACT bounces slightly backwards and no actions are able to be taken place during that time. 
If you think he's a spammer you need to move with your swings, start quite fast after he hits the shield (listen to the sound of him hiting it. Don't get fooled by hold + wiggles), and keep your camera so that your swings will hit him quite early in the animation.
Its all in the footwork and proper timing. If you see a 2 handers trying to feint like a mofo dont respect is feints too much.
Sounds like what you're referring to is probably the way a player swings. Depending on how one moves with the swing, before during and after, it might give the impression of "recoiling" or not. Swing and pull back? Recoil. Swing and keep moving in the same direction with another swing or something, doesn't look like a recoil it's more of one smooth motion. I'm not so sure there's actually a game mechanic that deals with recoiling as such, but who knows. Not I.
Thanks. I know for a fact my footwork kinda sucks at times and I shall try the listening things as well.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 01:33:41 am by betard_lulz »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2013, 01:32:24 am »
+2
It all has to do with weapon weight comparisons, and two handers weigh much more then one handers, for weapon stun.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.