Author Topic: How to deal with 2h?  (Read 2451 times)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: How to deal with 2h?
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2013, 02:18:07 pm »
Yeah everything is pretty balanced now.

Except fucking OP str-whores!

Except fucking OP agi-whores!
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: How to deal with 2h?
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2013, 03:46:43 pm »
+2
I just wanted to say that 2h swords in real life are not heavy at all. They rarely exceed 2.5 kg, and some are even lighter than 2 kg. In cRPG, they are too heavy. You have to subtract at least 0.5 kg from most of them to get realistic weight.

And the thing about them being the best weapons...that really depends on the situation. They are versatile, that's true, but in very tight melee situations, they are worse than sword and board, and in formations, polearms are obviously better. In cRPG, though, we don't have formations, and we have hiltslash, so those two situations don't really apply. We also have unbreakable polearms and 1h swords that can hurt through plate armor, so comparing cRPG with reality is not really helpful.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?