Author Topic: chadz and cRPG - a lovestory!  (Read 29961 times)

Offline FICO

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_FICO
Re: chadz and cRPG - a lovestory!
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2011, 02:16:55 am »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

non, sed linguam latinam  8-)

A fighter is more dangerous, starved, sick, injured, sleep-deprived, drunk and naked than the normal person is well-fed, healthy, whole, rested, cold sober and armed to the teeth

Offline Varyag

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Merc_Varyag_
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2011, 02:18:02 am »
The new patch is cool. It feels like good ol' times are back! I am getting fun from Crpg again.

Offline Lamix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2011, 02:25:34 am »
Only been playing just over a week now, and not going anywhere and damn right you need to have fun otherwise we lose the mod too.
Anyone saying he needs to release the old version for people that want it, i have a reply for you Bollox! if you like the old patch that much you spend the months coding it.
and people moaning about spending months playing, its a game did you have FUN? Then it wasn't a waste it was entertainment, if you don't like it no more move on.

At the end of the day people its free and its what chadz does in his own time unpaid you should be thankful if you enjoyed it at any point even if you don't like where the mod is heading.

Thanks chadz for you're time, effort and cash in supporting this project hope you get the fun back out of it and tell us all who you are so we can pick on you're rusty skills(well they can, i'll be face down in the mud no doubt)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 02:26:47 am by Lamix »

Offline ZMaNFaRLee

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2011, 02:27:07 am »
actually I want the upkeep to be high to avoid tin cans.  Stuff like that is why I quit wow, that and the ridiculous time sink.  I played battlefield heroes for a long time because I was able to jump in and contribute early on.  I like how chadz is trying to gear it like that.

Offline Lansamur

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lansamur, The_Prisoner,Beer_Storage, Carebear_Ravenei
  • IRC nick: Lansamur
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2011, 02:27:43 am »
At first I was really like "wtf, thsi patch is utter crap, I won't play cRPG anymore until it gets better again"

Then I was like "hm, actually... I have to focus on gaming now to be good, not to grind, but just be good. I am challenged to kill sbdy without my best gear. Might actually have sth good this patch. I have to rely on my skill, not my armor anymore."

Now, after the Ninjapatch, I am again like "Nah. TinCans comeback with force due to drastically removed upkeep. Pretty much same Iron-fest as before. Nope. Not with me."

And seriously, I pity the Archers. They barely do dmg to me in a Studded Leather Coat, wtf. When I mean challenged, then I want to be challenged from all aspects, not only melee. That's what makes it real fun to play cRPG.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 02:29:00 am by Lansamur »
[22:17] <@chadz> congratz cmpxchg8b, you managed to put 995 errors into the item sheet!
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> epic winning
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> beat that Fasader

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2011, 02:31:50 am »
This patch doesn't hurt Village_Elder very much, his most prized possession was a double heir-loomed robe, Ill have to wait longer to use throwing lances, but I only ever used those for a little bit before retiring anyway. As for my main character, I only ever used him for stategus anyway.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Ishar

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • Mr Shitgrin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ishar_III
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2011, 03:32:28 am »
don't be a grammar police , i bet English  is not his first language ( i am French Canadian , lethal combination  )   :p

In fact, he is deliberately trolling. Sent him a PM about his unbelievably formatted posts, and his response was that he is raging and wants to be annoying. So stop feeding him.
"Also, thank you for reporting your own post." Mylet

Offline Mutant

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2011, 04:12:23 am »
I am actually having lots of fun in the mod again. Thanks a ton chadz <3

Offline Blackstone

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cimmirian
  • Game nicks: Blackstone
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2011, 04:25:59 am »
Truly an excellent Mod that can be played for several months, with the potential to be played multiplayer for several years. Extremely well developed system to ensure fairplay and fun. For all of us who spent months to obtain heirloomed items, the second patch is greatly appreciated. The reduced cost of the upkeep system allows me to wear some of those items, though not all, and I agree this is good. Congratulations and thank you for creating one of the best Mods I have ever experienced.
A warrior moves through the world all day, yet he himself is unmovable.

Offline Storm

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2011, 04:43:09 am »
You're not the only one with that kind of mentality, chadz.

And you surely don't have to apologize for those people who found a huge timekiller in your work and gave nothing back but mindless whining and insults. What right do they have, seriously?

Still hate you though.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2011, 04:44:04 am »
I have played through 2 entire nights, I didn't even do that before the patch ever. You created something beautifull here :) don't be disheartended by all the whineing.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 04:45:15 am by Siiem »

Offline TheMark

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: TheMark|TheMarksman
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2011, 05:11:55 am »
thanks for the mod chadz and great message. I like the game a lot more because of the patch. keep up the good work.

Offline Lorenzo

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew Pew!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_SaifaQc
  • IRC nick: Lorenzo
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2011, 05:28:01 am »
When i played this mod it was boring as hell at first and my friends were telling me : Wait untill you get lvl 25 then you are gonna have fun.

It took me around 15hours (if not more) before i could enjoy the game (I stayed cause strategus offered a really awesome aspect to the game).

I tried to introduce a couple of friends to cRPG and they just didn't enjoyed it at all, they quit after a few days cause they could not stand to play a game that was simply not fun at all...hiding, running away etc.

With this patch, there is wayyy less plates, armored horses and verry high skilled peoples so less dying for a new player. Plus, it only takes 4-5 hours to be actually competitive. That's simply awesome for the new players you dont have to wait to play!

Now, with a ''cap'' of level, a cap in gear and skills, I think we are gonna begin to see more and more fair fights! Even tough you can get a edge with heirlooming or playing passed the cap, the difference between players is wayyy thiner. That way, the main factor that can make a team win over an other team is the gaming skills of each players and the overall teamplay.

To make it short : Faster curve to get to a competitive level + smaller ''advantages'' range between players = game based more on player's actual skills and more enjoyable gameplay.

Offline Kass

• Knight
  • Renown: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: Fenris_Kass_the_Greedy
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2011, 05:35:37 am »
Not long ago I got the game and I was like, oh god I love it! Then came the patch 0.200 and I was like, oh god did they ruin it, but no! A hotfix, 0.201 and I was yet again on the mode of 'Oh god, I love it!'.

So, thank you.

Offline Stud_Muffin

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PleasantPheasantPeasant
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2011, 06:32:08 am »
I love you chadz and i will forever ( or until the next archer nerf patch)