Author Topic: Panzar: Forged by Chaos  (Read 2147 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Panzar: Forged by Chaos
« on: April 23, 2013, 08:14:00 am »
+3

http://www.panzar.com/

Forged By Chaos is an online fantasy RPG based on the theme of Chaos worlds powered by steel and battle magic. Your player's avatar is always an evolving character, progressing from Novice to Warlord through the accumulation of battle experience, the obtaining of new armor and weapons, and the development of Chaos Magic skills. Seek to become a mighty warrior in the Forged by Chaos world! This game boasts such as customizable characters, interactive environments, multi-player interaction, and enhanced game world dynamics.

It's a 10v10 (or even more, not sure) online fantasy third person game with action gameplay. The melee combat seems is left click for normal attack, right click for power attack, control to block + special abilities for each class. You can move while performing attacks. Ranged combat is free aim, third person shooter style.

The game has 8 classes, each with their own unique, interesting abilities. The Sapper for example, plays a lot like Engineer from Team Fortress 2. You can check the abilities and talent trees for each class here: http://www.panzar.com/characters.php (click on the class).

The game also features character progression, levels, crafting and gear.
It uses CryEngine 3. It is pretty new, at least the english version, which was supposedly translated from russian just recently.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
Re: Panzar: Forged by Chaos
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 08:20:33 am »
No American region? No matter, this looks pretty interesting
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 08:26:47 am »
Nice ASSSSSS the mage has there. Dat thongarmor seems legit enough...

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 08:43:23 am »
No American region? No matter, this looks pretty interesting

Yeah, no NA sadly, so you'll be playing under a bit of lag.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 02:35:28 pm »
Jesus christ started a new character ( already made one but wanted to remake and choose diff skill ) and everytime I'm just about to complete the tutorial I lose connection lol, fuck the tutorial bonuses I'm just gonna play.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 02:40:47 pm »
Jesus christ started a new character ( already made one but wanted to remake and choose diff skill ) and everytime I'm just about to complete the tutorial I lose connection lol, fuck the tutorial bonuses I'm just gonna play.

Weird, did tutorial 3 times, never got that :/

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 04:06:54 pm »
Well I've played the Sapper quite a bit and I've got to say I find the class to be massively lack luster at these low levels compared to most other classes which have good damage dealing methods, I have came top of team just spamming traps and attacks on cap point but it's not very fun and only possible if your team as a whole is good enough to help you stay on the point. Probably more fun at later levels but still a grind to get there and it's annoying as fuck when you die in 1 hit or nearly die in 1 hit when it takes you a ton of hits with your hammer to kill anything. Don't even bother wasting your time with the gun, it's shit and slow and leaves you vulnerable for an ass whooping when it makes you auto reload on the spot after firing.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 04:10:37 pm »
Well I've played the Sapper quite a bit and I've got to say I find the class to be massively lack luster at these low levels compared to most other classes which have good damage dealing methods, I have came top of team just spamming traps and attacks on cap point but it's not very fun and only possible if your team as a whole is good enough to help you stay on the point. Probably more fun at later levels but still a grind to get there and it's annoying as fuck when you die in 1 hit or nearly die in 1 hit when it takes you a ton of hits with your hammer to kill anything. Don't even bother wasting your time with the gun, it's shit and slow and leaves you vulnerable for an ass whooping when it makes you auto reload on the spot after firing.

Didn't try Sapper yet, playing Tank as main, it seems pretty useful for defense but has low damage. Only thing that really bothers me is the Berserker power attack, that thing fucking chops off half my health (and I have 3000 HP as a Tank), sends me flying on my ass and gets me raped while I'm down. Not sure how it is in late game but it seems slightly OP.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 04:20:42 pm »
Yes as a Sapper it takes atleast 95% of my health when the berserker hits me with that bullshit attack, then I am stunned on the ground for a few seconds and all anyone has to to is fart on me and I am dead. Also the assassin character has 1 hit me countless times with some kind of attack, I thought it was a "backstab" but I've been killed by it instantly even when facing him, makes playing a sapper real dull lol.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 05:07:44 pm »
I'd try other classes as well if I were you. They're all fun to play.

EDIT: Just played a few rounds of a siege-conquest sort of gamemode. There's attackers and defenders and attackers have to capture one point after another while bashing down gates and stuff to progress.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 05:58:18 pm by Vibe »

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2013, 11:07:31 am »
This... looks more fun than I thought. I'll try it. I usually don't like MOBA games.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2013, 11:32:14 am »
This... looks more fun than I thought. I'll try it. I usually don't like MOBA games.

This is not a MOBA.

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2013, 12:12:14 pm »
berserker here  8-)

From the first impressions it seems like quite fun game, getting too little attention imo.

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2013, 01:15:41 pm »
I've tried it. It is not a MOBA. I actually enjoy the battles. I seem to be able to do damage, and get enough feedback when I killed an enemy, a problem I've always had with MOBA games. The support classes are cool, you feel usefull. Though i'd prefer it if the healer could see ally health bars, and not coloured pixels instead. Game is a little bit too grindy for my taste, but I'm enjoying the gameplay so that's fine.

Another problem I have is that the game automatically puts you into a server, map and gamemode. Never got the conquest mode you talked about.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 01:50:23 pm by Polobow »

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2013, 09:24:19 pm »
I'd try other classes as well if I were you. They're all fun to play.

EDIT: Just played a few rounds of a siege-conquest sort of gamemode. There's attackers and defenders and attackers have to capture one point after another while bashing down gates and stuff to progress.

Yeah i played berserker and found it easy as hell to kill people, especially once i got the finishing blow skill, power attack knock them down, finishing blow insta kill them. Plus he also has 3000 hp too. Sapper on the other hand has half the hp and his support skills dont really make up for his shitty attacks, well maybe he would be better in the attacker-defender mode but right now if say if u wanna play a dwarf choose the gunner.