Poll

Should there be a stat respec and heirloom repicks?

Yes
256 (81.3%)
No
59 (18.7%)

Total Members Voted: 315

Author Topic: Patch Poll  (Read 11003 times)

Offline Devestater

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • GOD WILLS IT!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Devestater
Re: Patch Poll
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2011, 02:49:10 am »
heirlooms were never intended to be a central feature of the game. Originally they were implemented to ensure that 90% of the population was not always above level 35. But that was when the game was a slow paced and geared torwards progression.

Okay.... but heirlooms are not central feature and if xp is not... then what is???? its becoming pointless. YOU ALL NEED TO QUIT YOUR WHINING AND BITCHING AND LEAVE THE GAME ALONE!!! You all are making this game more political than it needs to be! All the set backs... or nerfing... is running people away from the game. Keep it up and it will soon be dead. Please just keep that in mind and keep it reasonable.
Nerfing a deadly warhammer by 5spd and 2dmg is excessive enough for me to want a repick.
mess with the best... die like the rest!

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2011, 03:12:45 am »
Good idea, implement please!
Just a soldier

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2011, 04:47:45 am »
although we ensure that it is completely fair this time

thanks, idk what completely fair entails but I'll wait and see ;)

Hey chadz, some people are wondering about those who sold their heirlooms because they thought they were useless now because of the patch...are they gonna be hurting or are you gonna have some mercy for those poor souls?

considering we asked for this last time and didn't get it, I highly doubt it. since then I forced myself to never sell my hierlooms even if I will never use again.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 04:49:29 am by Banok »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2011, 05:27:54 am »
No need for Character re-spec, retirement takes care of that need. Heirloom re-spec, yes i am all for that.

Sorry, now that xp gain has been nerfed for gen's (I had finally hit gen 4 and started seeing a DECENT xp bonus) the grind to 31 to retire is back to rediculously long.  Playing for a week(s) with a fucked up build JUST so you can retire and respec is pretty shitty.

Personally I'd rather just see a database reset and have everyone start over on an even field, but I doubt that'll happen.

And from chadz comment I'm assuming that "heirloom respec + theft" means that those of us who aren't gen 10+ are going to get fucked again because our ONE masterwork we finally achieved will get bumped down to a first gen heirloom while people like goretooth with still end up with enough heirloom points to have 3x upgraded armor + weapon as always.

:cry:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 05:31:52 am by Gorath »
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2011, 05:44:55 am »
And from chadz comment I'm assuming that "heirloom respec + theft" means that those of us who aren't gen 10+ are going to get fucked again because our ONE masterwork we finally achieved will get bumped down to a first gen heirloom while people like goretooth with still end up with enough heirloom points to have 3x upgraded armor + weapon as always.

He makes a valid point.

Offline Astinus

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Armata Brancaleone
  • Game nicks: AB_Astinus
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2011, 07:58:00 am »
although we ensure that it is completely fair this time
total erasing of all current heirlooms?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Huey Newton

• Duke
  • Renown: 555
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Huey_Newton
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2011, 08:27:47 am »
How about you have to buy heirloom points from now on

500k gold a pop and 10 bux for chadz should cover it

Nvm Im trolling again

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2011, 08:35:59 am »
And from chadz comment I'm assuming that "heirloom respec + theft" means that those of us who aren't gen 10+ are going to get fucked again because our ONE masterwork we finally achieved will get bumped down to a first gen heirloom
 :cry:

Hm I feel like this too.

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2011, 08:56:54 am »
just for the record:
no stat respec
heirloom amount will be adjusted.

chadz,

Just for the record:

I think you're an unreasonable asshat who isn't taking the contributions of your players' to this community seriously. I apologize if you take offense, but I'm being honest here about what I perceive to be the case. It seems like you are attempting to punish particular players who did things with your heirloom system/character system that you don't approve of, but rather than only those players getting punished, EVERYONE is. That is ridiculous.

This is what you SHOULD do, were you to be AT ALL concerned about the health and sanity of the community:

1. FULL HEIRLOOM RESPEC, WITH NO LOSSES. People put in LOTS of time to get heirlooms they have. Stealing them again makes you a prick.

2. FULL CHARACTER RESPEC: Some people don't have time to retire and grind all the way up again to fix a build that YOU broke. They shouldn't have to. When making builds that worked before useless now, a free character respec is the ONLY decent thing to do.

P.S. You can ban me, delete my post, disagree with me, or whatever, but none of that will change the fact that 80%+ of the community feels this way. I hope that you can look past my hostile delivery, and truly comprehend the essence of this message.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2011, 09:00:46 am »
right, back to not announcing stuff any more
(i really can't stand people talking out of their ass)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 09:02:20 am by chadz »

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2011, 09:02:07 am »
right, back to not announcing stuff any more

Way to prove my point, my friend.

I suppose I should have known better than to try to talk any sense into you. It's never worked before. Anyhow, in the face of your dictatorship-like hold over things, I respectfully bow out of this conversation. Take care.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 09:07:20 am by Heroin »

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2011, 09:03:39 am »
maybe chadz could say something like 2/3 heirloom theft (which I think i'll will be, since 1/2 isn't enough for people with 20 or more heirloom that Abooozeed the gen system...)

But to a minimum of 3. So if you got say 9 heirloom or less you will stay with 3.

I think it's the fairer solution overall. Yep people with 3 heirloom will not lose anything, but I don't think they're the one chadz want to penalize for abooozing the gen system.  :wink:

Oh by the way, IF this happen like that I will still have lost 8 heirlooms overall for both heirloom theft.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 09:04:59 am by Dach »
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2011, 09:05:40 am »
but rather than only those players getting punished, EVERYONE is. That is ridiculous.

please quote me on that, where did you find that info.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2011, 09:12:00 am »
chadz,

Just for the record:

I think you're an unreasonable asshat who isn't taking the contributions of your players' to this community seriously. I apologize if you take offense, but I'm being honest here about what I perceive to be the case. It seems like you are attempting to punish particular players who did things with your heirloom system/character system that you don't approve of, but rather than only those players getting punished, EVERYONE is. That is ridiculous.

This is what you SHOULD do, were you to be AT ALL concerned about the health and sanity of the community:

1. FULL HEIRLOOM RESPEC, WITH NO LOSSES. People put in LOTS of time to get heirlooms they have. Stealing them again makes you a prick.

2. FULL CHARACTER RESPEC: Some people don't have time to retire and grind all the way up again to fix a build that YOU broke. They shouldn't have to. When making builds that worked before useless now, a free character respec is the ONLY decent thing to do.

P.S. You can ban me, delete my post, disagree with me, or whatever, but none of that will change the fact that 80%+ of the community feels this way. I hope that you can look past my hostile delivery, and truly comprehend the essence of this message.

The essence of your msg sounds to me like a junkie losing his stash lmao what douche bag you are.....

Even if people did lose their heirlooms wich i rly started to give a damn about its chadz time and effort and hes mod plus this is a beta mind you he can do what ever he feels like and people who abused/retired a million times to gain a advantage via heirlooms just helped out in the progresss to balance the mod and find a hole that chadz might not had seen comming...

FYI:
About the charater respec their is a place on the website where u can click retire i think you know where it is use it the point of retire is to change or try out a new build.......

Not heirlooming a bunch of weapons to skip some stats to gain more ath or wpf ect ect so u can get that little extra advantage over none grinders....

Good patch chadz keep up the good work hope u find a way to solve this issue  :wink:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 09:24:38 am by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2011, 09:20:48 am »
please quote me on that, where did you find that info.

Everyone having heirlooms stolen = Everyone punished.
Everyone who had a hybrid build, who is no longer able to use it, and NO stat respec = Everyone is punished.

I guess I'm having difficulty seeing how you aren't seeing that this punishes pretty much everyone. The slot system ALONE tore up a lot of builds. I'm not attempting to argue with you, chadz. I have really enjoyed cRPG for a long time, and have put a LOT of time into the community. And I appreciate all that you have done to bring this community together.

However, I often disagree with your patching decisions when it comes to doing things that "punish" players on a wide scale. Personally, I have put in my time in the community, and would still like to play. But your patch broke my build, and with a new job, and various other things in my life, along with the XP nerf, I simply don't have time to retire and level a character up to 30 again. And I don't think I had one of the "broken" builds:

Level 30
STR: 21
AGI: 12
IF: 6
PS: 8
PT: 7
ATH: 4
WM: 4
WPF:
2h: 120ish
Throwing: 75

I was primarily a 2 hander, who carried around snowflakes as a sidearm for archers who tried to run away. Now, 75 isn't enough WPF for my throwing stars, apparently, even though they are a zero difficulty weapon. My targeting reticule for throwing stars/war darts is the size the reticule for throwing lances used to be.

Is the above "My fault" for having a "broken build"? I don't think it is. I think I built what I expected to be an effective character. I don't have time to retire and respec, and my character no longer really fits the bill of being effective. So, regardless of the time I've spent on your mod, and contributions to the community, I'm pretty much hung out to dry.