Poll

Should there be a stat respec and heirloom repicks?

Yes
256 (81.3%)
No
59 (18.7%)

Total Members Voted: 315

Author Topic: Patch Poll  (Read 11005 times)

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
Re: Patch Poll
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2011, 09:57:36 pm »
+1
If they do let everyone reassign heirlooms, I don't think they should do it until after they've fixed all those weapons which are mysteriously missing. As for the matter itself, I think that while it's bad to merely let people swap their heirlooms when a bunch of items have gotten nerfed, on account of that'll just make a mass migration of players towards different "best in slot" choices, the slot system and the fact that several items had their requirements changed should possibly warrant a swap, although I guess that's one of the reasons the retirement system was implemented in the first place; the ability to change your spec when you should want to. It's not as if people can't get simply more heirlooms, too.

A wipe would really only effect people who play often enough to receive several heirlooms in the first place, for the most part, so it wouldn't be a very necessary thing to do anyway.

Offline Lansamur

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lansamur, The_Prisoner,Beer_Storage, Carebear_Ravenei
  • IRC nick: Lansamur
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2011, 09:58:55 pm »
Thanks for an answer on this matter okiN, I wouldn't mind a heirloom theft if it mainly targets high generation players.

Also, please submit your vote on the feedback forum and maybe even on this topic.

Why only high-gen-players? Either everybody or nobody with Heirloomthefts.

@topic: No. Adapt to new system with current heirlooms or don't, but I'm against a respec of heirlooms and stats.
[22:17] <@chadz> congratz cmpxchg8b, you managed to put 995 errors into the item sheet!
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> epic winning
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> beat that Fasader

Offline Devestater

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • GOD WILLS IT!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Devestater
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2011, 10:28:43 pm »
Is this not the point of the game? To retire and get heirlooms? XP gains? Why play if there is nothing to look forward to? The constant nerf is getting old.
mess with the best... die like the rest!

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2011, 11:09:56 pm »
I voted yes because it was the best thing for me and i feel the community. 

My question is though how many hierlooms before patch or after b/c I have 5 gens worth of looms missing?

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2011, 11:14:24 pm »
I think an heirloom respec is needed and a stat respec is not.  With heirlooms what should be done is they are all reset, then a cap of 9 or 10 is put on it.  So people with few heirlooms won't get screwed by massive balancing changes and the people who had a lot of them will get to pick which ones they keep.  Also, i don't see why people are worried about everyone migrating to the next overpowered weapon?  Why not just balance the weapons so there is no clear cut choice? 

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2011, 11:21:41 pm »
If they do let everyone reassign heirlooms, I don't think they should do it until after they've fixed all those weapons which are mysteriously missing. As for the matter itself, I think that while it's bad to merely let people swap their heirlooms when a bunch of items have gotten nerfed, on account of that'll just make a mass migration of players towards different "best in slot" choices, the slot system and the fact that several items had their requirements changed should possibly warrant a swap, although I guess that's one of the reasons the retirement system was implemented in the first place; the ability to change your spec when you should want to. It's not as if people can't get simply more heirlooms, too.

A wipe would really only effect people who play often enough to receive several heirlooms in the first place, for the most part, so it wouldn't be a very necessary thing to do anyway.

+1 agree.  Now all the new OP weapons are going to be masterworked again overnight and everyone using same weapons as everyone else again.  :(, i kind of respected the people I saw who took a chance triple heirlooomed stones (which got buffed) or normal xbows and were better off for it and the people triple heirlooming barmaces and sniper xbows (me too) crying.

You did read what he said, "heirloom amount will be adjusted", that means you just got probably everyone's number of heirlooms cut in half or more because you made a masterwork barmace or side sword or german greatsword or long hafted knobbed mace or heavy lance instead of less popular/OP weapons like the niuwadao or longsword or light lance which needed less nerfing.  So instead of your masterwork barmace you can get a tempered great long axe.  Someone said earlier it was onlya  win scenario, but the only way you are getting a heirloom respec is if he steals away heirlooms in the process.  You should have just settled for the trading system to get up and just traded for a different one.

I also like the guy with less than 10 heirlooms thinking everyone should be capped at 10.  Xp cap isn't enough??  I don't plan on retiring anymore myself but I know people that do (even thoguh only 3% bonus and most of the heirlooms stats nerfed really ahrd last patch) and thats kind of a crappy move on your part telling them they can't get more than 9 heirlooms (3 masterworked items) because you probably blame the other person having heirloomed items as the reason you lose a fight, which is kind of ridiculous if you look at the new changes to weapons (3x heirlooming 1 weapon = +1 speed, +2 damage).  You can only even use so many at any given time, so having more allows for trading and role-playing development.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Nobody cares about who I am or what I think
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2011, 11:33:33 pm »
Is this not the point of the game? To retire and get heirlooms? XP gains? Why play if there is nothing to look forward to? The constant nerf is getting old.

heirlooms were never intended to be a central feature of the game. Originally they were implemented to ensure that 90% of the population was not always above level 35. But that was when the game was a slow paced and geared torwards progression.

you youngyins have no idea how hard it was once to get to op status before the previous steam sale. And leveling was impossibly hard as the very few players in the game could reach level 30.

After the steam sale the crpg pop went up by 500% and getting gold was easy. With almost 120 per round as opposed to the 50-60 per round (25 on the NA).

So it was logical at that time for chadz to assume that retirement (which at that time was expensive) would be hard to achieve! (and it was until steam sale)

after that we had people grinding like crazy sometimes getting 200 per round and working torwards genning like wild mindless animals
and now since gold is no longer an issue, some people's insane drive made them focus on exp like crazy!!!

since exp became the primary focus of the ... zombies, it became all that mattered to them (MAORAMARO MAOR GRING GRIINDDDD NOTHING MATTERS BUT GRIIIND)

and now that exp has been nerfed you find yourself lost and without purpose

in short, if you play this game only to watch two digits rise in value, go play something else until it changes

I however will have fun experimenting with new ways to play... but im done with cavemen

« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 11:35:35 pm by MrShovelFace »
Nobody cares about who I am or what I think

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2011, 11:47:45 pm »
heirloom amount will be adjusted.

a bit vague, what does this mean?

hierloom theft?
hierloom respec + theft?
hierloom amount cap?

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2011, 11:50:54 pm »
hierloom respec + theft?

although we ensure that it is completely fair this time

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA CRPG Admin
  • Game nicks: Ecko_ATS
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2011, 11:54:29 pm »
Hey chadz, some people are wondering about those who sold their heirlooms because they thought they were useless now because of the patch...are they gonna be hurting or are you gonna have some mercy for those poor souls?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2011, 11:55:04 pm »
"Life is a moving target"

Keep things the way they are now - that also has the nice side effect for people to have additional goals in the game instead of just picking what is best under the current circumstances and loose interest faster !
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2011, 12:01:39 am »

Thank you.

Offline Sammael

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 3
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SammaeI
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2011, 12:51:35 am »
Balancing items so one is not able to use the best of everything is a great idea and I like how it has been implemented, with one exception.

Half my heirlooms are benched every round. If I were allowed to re-pick my heirlooms so I could use my 900 hours worth of gear, I'd be a happy crpg'er :)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2011, 01:06:40 am »

How will heirloom theft be fair?  Last time 1/3 across the board was about as close to fair as was possible given it felt unfair to be losing heirlooms, but at least it treated everyone the same.  If you are doing it a different way then you are singling out a different group to lose more of a percentage than others, which by its definition is unfair.  Taking away all heirlooms would favor gen 1 level 33 people and would again be singling out retirees for unfair treatment.

The reason I ask is that you say it will be fair this time as if the last time was unfair.  Kind of figuring that means its one of the more unfair solutions singling out groups for unfair treatment but under the guise of "fairness".  or it could just be a troll statement and you are taking 1/2 instead this time (which I am sure some will think is unfair, but is as close to fair as you can get).
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 01:08:04 am by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2011, 01:29:36 am »
I'm in favour but it's more or less irrelevant to me now. I sold my heirloom shield and started again. It might be nice to swap my nonexistant tempered LEE for the weapon I've switched to.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login