Poll

What do you think?

Give Throwing Lance knockdown from swings.
2 (5.7%)
Give Throwing Lance piercing damage on swings.
3 (8.6%)
Increase the swing damage.
9 (25.7%)
No buff needed.
18 (51.4%)
I have not used their melee mode very much whatsoever.
1 (2.9%)
I have used their melee mode quite a lot.
2 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Throwing Lance Melee; changes needed!  (Read 1177 times)

Offline Shaksie

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Double Thickshake
Throwing Lance Melee; changes needed!
« on: April 19, 2013, 11:59:19 am »
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 02:47:28 pm by Shaksie »
VERY nice boy :)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: Throwing Lance Melee; changes needed!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 03:23:54 pm »
+3
The throwing lance is a pretty powerfull melee weapon considering its ranged capabilities, it needs no buff in melee.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Shaksie

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 03:40:31 pm »
Have you used it? 16b with ~120 wpf and 7 powerstrike is HORRIBLE.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 05:26:12 pm »
Every time I see you make a suggestion you usually do not have any reasonable ideas as to why other then "It's not good enough for me"

It's a "Throwing" weapon.  With a decent amount of pierce when it comes to melee.  It is perfectly fine as it is, the only downside is that Jump throwing was taken out.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 05:57:09 pm »
Have you used it? 16b with ~120 wpf and 7 powerstrike is HORRIBLE.
I use it, with 3 ps and 0wpf. It's been my weapon of choice for several gens now.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 05:59:59 pm »
+1
GUESS WHAT I VOTED  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 06:24:15 pm »
+1
GUESS WHAT I VOTED  :lol:

The last suggestion ?  :wink:

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 08:25:43 pm »
+1
In case you didn't know, biased polls are ignored by the dev's, so even if everyone actually believed they should be buffed, your poll guarantees that it won't even be looked at.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 11:11:18 pm »
+1
OP :

Offline Shaksie

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 02:13:59 am »
What is wrong with you people.
You've clearly not used it, 16b is unplayably weak.
Due to the 7 power throw requirement; you can't be very fast at all if you can use them.
It is not a cheap weapon and throwing is severely underpowered. You only get 1 per slot and they usually do not 1 shot people, I don't think it should be this terrible in melee.

(click to show/hide)

Every time I see you make a suggestion you usually do not have any reasonable ideas as to why other then "It's not good enough for me"
If it's unplayably weak, I'd like to think that if I feel something is dreadfully underpowered, other people may feel the same way. In this case, apparently not :(.

In case you didn't know, biased polls are ignored by the dev's, so even if everyone actually believed they should be buffed, your poll guarantees that it won't even be looked at.
I see, thanks.

I use it, with 3 ps and 0wpf. It's been my weapon of choice for several gens now.
Do you enjoy having swings that can't hurt people with medium armor?

OP :
(click to show/hide)
Hehhehe, it saddens me that my serious requests are treated like this. Perhaps I should change my way of thinking.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 02:22:02 am by Shaksie »

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 03:20:31 am »
It really isnt "unplayably weak"

I can do well with the regular club in the 1h category which only has 17.  A lot of people do well with a cudgel even and thats 15.

Just because you are not good with it does not mean other people cannot play with it.

Offline Shaksie

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 04:13:12 am »
It really isnt "unplayably weak"
I can do well with the regular club in the 1h category which only has 17.  A lot of people do well with a cudgel even and thats 15.
Just because you are not good with it does not mean other people cannot play with it.
Yes it is, I've a lot more experience with it than you do and because I play in Australia, where people are undeniably better (yes, they are better in 1v1 because of our low playerbase, it's pretty much all we do) at dueling, I see how lacking the damage is, significantly more so than you do.
No, you cannot do well with the regular club. You can perhaps kill a few peasants or pingers and because you have a right mouse button, can survive for a small while.
People do not do well with shit weapons, period.
I would be extremely surprised if you are better than me. I'm one of the better players in Aus (yes, including the people who used to play [was actually quite a lot]) and I can only name maybe 5 players that are better than me.
Seeing that I am of the aforementioned skill level, I think it's more than reasonable to request a buff for a weapon which is extremely underpowered even when used by skilled players.

Please give me your definition of: Unplayably weak, do well, good with.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 04:41:02 am by Shaksie »

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2013, 05:56:18 am »
Do you enjoy having swings that can't hurt people with medium armor?
Getting more ps and wpf would cripple my horsethrowing, but my sideswings won't glance unless they're placed extremely retardedly or I'm fighting against loomed plate, and then I still have my stab, the lances that I use aren't even loomed now adays, the throwing lance is a decent melee weapon, and being a decent melee weapon plus being able to send 60 pierce at any S key hero, is more than enough to not buff the throwing lance any further in melee.

Offline Shaksie

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2013, 06:52:09 am »
Getting more ps and wpf would cripple my horsethrowing, but my sideswings won't glance unless they're placed extremely retardedly or I'm fighting against loomed plate, and then I still have my stab, the lances that I use aren't even loomed now adays, the throwing lance is a decent melee weapon, and being a decent melee weapon plus being able to send 60 pierce at any S key hero, is more than enough to not buff the throwing lance any further in melee.
You make a good argument and maybe I do just suck at using it, but I've thudded quite a few times from swings which I didn't feel should (mind you, this may be fault of the server we have, it is pretty poor and badly maintained and is not using the beta) and it's pretty irritating when someone blocks a stab and you encounter the stun time.

Also, off topic but I'm thinking of using a Throwing Lance as my dedicated melee weapon (but I might throw it occasionally hehe) and having x3 Throwing Spears for dedicated chucking. Would that work, and what do you use?

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2013, 07:03:20 am »
You make a good argument and maybe I do just suck at using it, but I've thudded quite a few times from swings which I didn't feel should (mind you, this may be fault of the server we have, it is pretty poor and badly maintained and is not using the beta) and it's pretty irritating when someone blocks a stab and you encounter the stun time.

Also, off topic but I'm thinking of using a Throwing Lance as my dedicated melee weapon (but I might throw it occasionally hehe) and having x3 Throwing Spears for dedicated chucking. Would that work, and what do you use?
I either use four throwing lances or three spears and one lance, mostly four lances though. Note however I'd not be using this if I wasn't accustomed to the throwing lance arch of flight and therefore suck at aiming with everything else. I never had issues with glancing back when I had a much more melee oriented build with 7ps, with my current 3ps and before that 2ps I do however occasionally glance on the higher tier armor as I mentioned, only way to avoid that for me is hitting with the sweetspots and aiming for the head, but really, the stab is what you should be using at least 50% of the time as a spearman (polearm stab also functions very well combined with a few jumps).