Author Topic: Reduce Arbalest Overnerf  (Read 1446 times)

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
Re: Reduce Arbalest Overnerf
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 03:24:49 pm »
No, it doesn't make sense to have a sniper weapon, that is not particularly hard to hit with and kills in a single BODY hit.

Why?
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 04:03:35 pm »
Than I never hit you with arbalest, because if I did, you would have survived for sure, as many of other archers I managed to hit did.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 10:11:40 pm »
I remember shooting maduin point blank 4 times in the chest in siege with an unloomed arbalest....I was like this will be the one...no this will be it. I didn't kill maduin so I will never know which shot would've been the last. *sobs*

I'm sure it was raining, which makes every x-bow hit like a wet noodle. Or maybe awesome swashbucklers like Maduin get some secret bonus to crossbow defense. I have about the same body armor as Maduin, and most arbalest shots to my torso do ~40 dmg.

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2013, 12:28:08 pm »
38 body armor archer (mw body + mw gauntlets) here and I always die with 1 shot from mw arbalest + mw steel bolts.

Actually, I do remember not dying once.

Don't quite get it. How do you know if you got hit by a regular arbalest or a MW arbalest?
Of course you will think you always get oneshot by MW arbalest if you disregard all the hits that did not kill you as either unloomed or heavy/normal crossbow.

Anyhow, I have a MW arbalest myself, and I do not always (actually only half of the time) kill archers in one shot.
But I do not mind, the arbalest is not overnerfed. I just wished it was more accurate because it goes off path most of the time when you are shooting from medium range.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2013, 12:37:34 pm »
+1
Or maybe awesome swashbucklers like Maduin get some secret bonus to crossbow defense.

Well, I hate to be pedantic but if he is SWASHBUCKLER then he DOES have extra defense: A SHIELD. A swashbuckler is a shielder. You cannot redefine a word to the OPPOSITE of its meaning for this mod. 1handers are 1handers, SWASHBUCKLING MEANS USING A SHIELD. Dont take MY word for it, look it up. Fuck my life does it irritate me when people use the term swashbuckler to describe someone without a shield, WITH NO SHIELD YOU JUST CANNOT SWASHBUCKLE, its not possible.
I don't know enough

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2013, 06:05:27 pm »
+1
swash·buck·ler  [swosh-buhk-ler, swawsh-] 
noun
a swaggering swordsman, soldier, or adventurer; daredevil.

Which part of that definition is inaccurate for Maduin? Playing 1h without shield is the definition of "swagger". If you insist that a swashbuckler must be holding a buckler, you are being too literal.