Author Topic: Gooood bye Calradia... :)  (Read 10462 times)

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
Gooood bye Calradia... :)
« on: May 02, 2011, 01:26:30 pm »
Naaaa - not much whining.
It was fun while it lasted - thanks for that to the donkey and a few guys/gals I have come to like and respect in this game.

Now that the patch has fucked over archers again (NEVER, archers, NEVER again go to a flag when they tell you to ...!!!) and made my preferred playing style impossible with the new slot system, Hirlok will return to his forests and catch up with real life, lol. Not bad either.

Might return after some future patch, or if Strategus should ever come live - until then: happy slashing, meleetists, I wish you a LOT of shoot-and-run-bunny-archers (which I refuse to become)... ;-)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 08:25:34 pm by Kalam »
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Gooood bye Calradia... :)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 01:30:44 pm »
That's not that bad. You can allways take a 0 slot weapon. It gonna hurt with PS8. You can also choose the strongbow, PD9 is excellent with it (exactly the last points you can put in PD with that bow), and I doubt it will be worse than a warbow in siege situations.

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 01:40:07 pm »
Of course you can always adopt to the latest fashion and the OP items of the day, or eat the scraps the devs decided to leave for you...

But this is also about style and choice, and I have never been one to adopt to "need".

Don't worry - I had maaaaany hours of fun, and I will keep an eye on c-rpg.net, maybe I will occasionally play one of my alts, 2H+throwing has not been impacted much by the patch.
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 02:02:24 pm »
Of course you can always adopt to the latest fashion and the OP items of the day, or eat the scraps the devs decided to leave for you...

Cant agree with you more. Ontop of that, this patch alot of already broken stuff.. got even more broken. And they added alot of "new" things.. that are also all broken.

IE  They brought us 3 new gamemodes,wich are all broken.

The only thing i seen that is working, is the website eyecandy.... wich any web developers can easly make in less then 4 hours. Also some new items added.. OP or Derp... doesnt matter, they were already in other mods.

Ooh and lets not forget the thing that worked PERFECTLY, chadz on his flying carpet with a boomstick.

Basicly i lost all respect i had left for most admins... after the whole DTV Xp hoard fiasco. None of the DM's cared about griefers,leechers,Tk's etc.... only thing that concerned them was there X5 and changing to maps that could be exploited, or to avoid losing their X5 when it was clsoe to a draw.
And lets not forget the clan servers, wich were password protected... so there own clan could get the advantage... people randomly getting kicked.. to make room for clan members.
I was there when all the clanmembers were called to TS. And the server got reset and restarted with password on it:
(click to show/hide)

Or the massive amount of admins we have. all on 1 server.

(click to show/hide)

Loved playing agaisnt bots on Defend the Village map.. too bad the admins kept ruining it by changing the map, or passwording it, so my friends couldnt join. :P

Working for the community..... Right...

And for the developers..... well, uhm I cant believe that they actually worked together.

Realy seemed like every developer worked alone on 1 thing and tested it by themselves. Added them to one big patch pool, chadz blessed it with his herp derp stick and voila uploaded. (Found a picture, wich kinda fits with it :wink:
(click to show/hide)
)

Also heard a rumor for archers. They will "fix" the Longbow, and add a new flavour of the month... wich is The Yumi bow (prolly broken)

Seriously doubt if i will be around for any longer. But yeah... also had many fun hours, Thanks for that chadz and others.
But too bad i still had confidence... and waited for 5+ months for this piece of crap.

What TK_MeoW said
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 02:34:24 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 03:01:49 pm »
We only kicked leechers and exploiters, so thats bs.

It's too bad that we got punished for the exploiters that swarmed our server when admins weren't on.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 06:12:22 pm by Magikarp »
Don't mind the fish.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 03:21:54 pm »
Jambi, doesnt a server password come up when a server reaches full capacity, and is taken off after so many have left?

I can't say whether admins did all the rest of it as you say but I'd be surprised if the eu admins were doing it.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 03:27:03 pm »
Jambi, doesnt a server password come up when a server reaches full capacity, and is taken off after so many have left?

I can't say whether admins did all the rest of it as you say but I'd be surprised if the eu admins were doing it.

Nah Admins can join when there is a password, even without knowing the password. If a server is full, and an admins join it shows up as IE 31/30 players
Love will tear us apart.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 03:27:42 pm »
Archer Nerf? lol, if you have the PD and WPF to be using a Warbow effectively you should be in a posistion where you don't need to be melee fighting, if worst comes to worst, pick a weapon up. Other than that if you don't have higher than 6 PD you must have points elsewhere and may aswell use a Strongbow and take a 1 slot weapon.

Offline BlameMeForTheNoise

• Count
  • Renown: 189
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guards
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Sonjarr
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 03:32:30 pm »

Or the massive amount of admins we have. all on 1 server.

(click to show/hide)

That actually happened because I decreased the max-Player-number when People were still playing on it. Which i did to determine the perfect Max-number for dtv.
Without a server-restart the players above the limit don't get kicked automatically but merely can't join again when they disconnect. Noone else can connect as well.
We have a total of 7 admins. And we never abused any of the gamemodes neither...
Shogunate were the first who abandoned the mode after it was known it could be exploited.

As to the kicking of random people so clanmembers can join: Everytime we do something in that direction we kick only people who are afk (leeching).
We take this stuff kinda seriously.

So please get your facts straight instead of accusing people.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 03:40:06 pm by BlameMeForTheNoise »

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 03:38:52 pm »
Yeah heard that. Alot of servers stopped running DTV, when they heard 250 NA accounts got banned.

Anyways not going into discussion, or taking over the topic of the thread... its not mine.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 03:40:23 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 03:43:10 pm »
Even when it was running we had an eye on abusing people. As soon as the new modes settled in, exploiters were kicked.
As to the other things you said: I still stand firm. We take the admin-stuff really seriously. None of the above mentioned accusation stands for us.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 03:54:12 pm »
It's a shame to kick players that are not part of a clan to let enter clan members, even if it's clan server.
If the server is connected to database it should follow the same rules as others, otherwise it's a privilege for some clan only which is not fair.

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 03:58:57 pm »
As i said: We then looked for leechers. Those who get kicked anyway.

But even though we dont use this policy ourselves, i can understand the opinion that if you yourself pay for it, should get to use it whenever you wish. Its common practice on online games.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2011, 03:59:41 pm »
It's a shame to kick players that are not part of a clan to let enter clan members, even if it's clan server.
If the server is connected to database it should follow the same rules as others, otherwise it's a privilege for some clan only which is not fair.

Agreed. Sicne even actions you take on password locked down clan servers, making it inaccessible to the public... still influence the database... thus the whole community.
Love will tear us apart.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2011, 04:10:31 pm »
Yes, and we never "free up the space" for clan members, even if they ask for it on TS . Let's move on now.