Author Topic: A chaotic thing happened on the way to the castle  (Read 10412 times)

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
Re: A chaotic thing happened on the way to the castle
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2013, 05:48:02 pm »
+1
Ah don't we all?

How may I make you feel more included Muki? I can give you Matey to serve as your plaything if that will help. He is very eager.... if a bit confused about his build lately.
Leader of BS

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2013, 06:06:05 pm »
+4
FCC: Chaos attacked us so we're going to murder you

Chaos: We had legitimate reasons for attacking you get over it

FCC: No you didn't but regardless its time to settle this and kill each other

Chaos" No we're still right and you're wrong

FCC: >:L

Chaos: >:S

That's basically what I came back with after reading some of the posts did I get it right?
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2013, 06:09:35 pm »
+8
FCC: Chaos attacked us so we're going to murder you

Chaos: We had legitimate reasons for attacking you get over it

FCC: No you didn't but regardless its time to settle this and kill each other

Chaos" No we're still right and you're wrong

FCC: >:L

Chaos: >:S

Gmno: :3 im still here gais, plox dun ferget me

Chaos and FCC: .... bloody weaboos.

That's basically what I came back with after reading some of the posts did I get it right?

Fixed. :/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2013, 06:15:17 pm »
+1
You missed the part where we are happy they attacked us... but otherwise looks right. More posts please. Slow day at the office.

Hey Tutu pretty sure Mala said his crappy armor wearing army could stomp you and the pajama pandas. Pretty sure that is a stain on your honor
Leader of BS

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2013, 06:26:24 pm »
You missed the part where we are happy they attacked us... but otherwise looks right. More posts please. Slow day at the office.

Hey Tutu pretty sure Mala said his crappy armor wearing army could stomp you and the pajama pandas. Pretty sure that is a stain on your honor

Oh shit, somebody about to get ****ed up!
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2013, 08:21:53 pm »
+5
It seems as the the lacking of a true border definition system has again left two factions in a war state, since there's no clear definitive line that states where one's territory ends and the other begins.  Now, the lack of this system is what really makes the game interesting though, especially taking into account that this happened on a pretty regular basis historically, and was more than likely the basis for many wars in Europe and other regions of the world.

Now, with borders remaining as they are, two factions can either be rational and assume that the absolute middle of the area between their fiefs are the true borders, or they can assume that one another owns more or less of the area.  Regardless, the fief layout is also rather awkward, considering that in the native game each village is attached and within proximity of a castle or town, New Tadsamesh (owned by CHAOS) is the fief that corresponds to New Tilbaut Castle (owned by FCC).  Based on it's location, you could say that it forms an enclave within FCC borders, and in this case I would say that FCC is in the right.

Saxton was making a trip that is probably made on almost a daily basis by FCC members, considering their castle is a considerable distance from their next fief, making that the shortest path on the map.  Now, it could be that CHAOS saw his high number of crates and assumed he was going to rob S&D, but based on their posting this was not the idea.  They could have saw him as an easy target to raid, and in this case they have no right to attempt to pussyfoot out of a war.  Their current excuse is that Saxton was infringing on their borders, but the screenshot shows him moving pretty much right in the middle of the two faction's borders.

If this is just CHAOS protecting their borders, why haven't they attacked FCC members moving between New Tilbaut and New Knudarr previously?

EDIT:

It'd be like if FCC attacked your guys every time they entered / exited New Tadsamesh, since it's so close to their borders.  You probably would consider that an act of war, wouldn't you?

And as for the Blackfist guy, I don't know his exact location, but Rhalzo said he wasn't touching New Knudarr's icon, as if that's where the border is drawn.  I can't really comment, but if he was right next to New Knudarr I would assume FCC to be correct again.

But then again, I'm just one of Kesh's many accounts, and the #1 FCC Vassal NA, so I would support them.

P.S.  that's enough book writing for today.

P.S.S. awaiting Canary's counter-novel.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 08:30:10 pm by Artyem »

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline WeeBo

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: Remnant_WeeBoy
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2013, 08:31:01 pm »
+4
Everyone is a bully here. MOMMA!
"The original operator."

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2013, 08:38:46 pm »
+9
Fcc is always right... have you not read the forums ? We post it daily.

Canary has been oddly silent. You can only get that bird to chirp if you call his admining into question
Leader of BS

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2013, 02:43:53 am »
+3
Canary has been oddly silent. You can only get that bird to chirp if you call his admining into question

Assuming that the attack was an oversight by one of their members and not part of a master plan, I can only assume the reason that he is so quiet on the forums at the moment is because his clan members are experiencing a side of him you usually don't see publicly...

That, or a 2350 word essay will come up any time now  :wink:
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2013, 05:09:30 am »
+2

I never said that and Gmno already knows my personal stance towards Gmnotutoos Super Kawaii Desu Desu Japanese Schoolgirl Ninja Death Squad. That being, it's a separate entity from the Free Companies, one which I wouldn't ever be inclined to attack personally (though I was considering attacking Mechin when it fell into Matey's hands temporarily).

Further, your view that lighter or lower tier armor is "crappy" seems an unjust one, or at least dependent on some further explanation and defining. Gear with less protection is the moooooost fun way to play for me personally, always being in great mortal peril from a single blow. 30 body armor compared to 60 body armor is more than double the hits against me, on average. It's also lot harder to just turn on auto-pilot, I mean; it's more engaging by necessity due to the lower amount of forgiveness. The ultimate in this regard is simply going naked, but my Christian shame won't allow such a thing.

Not that I'd call the heavy stuff crappy either, each has it's place as I've stated repeatedly to minds which either refuse to comprehend or are simply playing at it, I guess. I just strive for and sincerely hope for some sort of parity between all gear types and builds in terms of army composition, and this is the last time I'm going to bother saying it.

As far as considering it an act of war if FCC were to attack our men outside of Tadsamesh, no, I don't think so. A hostile act, yes. A hostile act which may bring about another fight, yes. A prolonged, drawn out conflict with many armies in succession wherein the ultimate aim is likely complete annihilation of one side or the other, no, probably not. AFAIK war hasn't even been declared by either side, though it has been implied.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2013, 05:35:50 am »
+4
Well now I can handle that one without even talking to the council.

Attacking one of our members is a declaration of war. It may not have been your intent but it is your result. Saxton was not in your lands or doing anything to threaten your faction, you saw he had crates and was walking them home. If we let that slide anyone on the map will think it is ok to do the same.

No fancy scroll artwork. FCC Declares war on Chaos.

You will see our armies already marching.

as a side note being a bandit in our lands like the bowlers did... gets you stopped. We do not declare war on bowlers and will leave them out of the fight as long as they stay out of it.
Leader of BS

Offline Malaclypse

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2013, 05:56:57 am »
Attacking one of our members is a declaration of war.

That seems odd considering this battle and the total lack of reprisal, but I'll take it.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2013, 06:10:35 am »
+1
That seems odd considering this battle and the total lack of reprisal, but I'll take it.

They actually came and talked to us about that attack and it got worked out. You guys just tried to pick off one of our guys returning from the front who had done nothing to you guys. It was pretty obvious FPF didn't want a war and it was pretty obvious that Chaos did. This isn't the first thing chaos has done to provoke us; why should we keep ignoring things? You guys wanted a war and you got one, simple enough.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2013, 06:13:44 am »
You guys just tried to pick off one of our guys returning from the front who had done nothing to you guys.

Matey, he (Saxton), during a not too distant Strategus battle, took four hits from me wearing nothing but Mail Mittens +3. And two more from other guys on my team (but one was a glance so that doesn't really count). And two teamhits. AND WAS STILL ALIVE. MY GOD HE WAS STILL ALIVE, CREEPING HORROR FROM BEYOND TIME.

Also what did we do to provoke FCC outside of this? Attack BIRD CLAN?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 06:17:02 am by Malaclypse »

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2013, 06:20:53 am »
+5
Assuming that the attack was an oversight by one of their members and not part of a master plan, I can only assume the reason that he is so quiet on the forums at the moment is because his clan members are experiencing a side of him you usually don't see publicly...

That, or a 2350 word essay will come up any time now  :wink:

You'd get a little cranky too if you had to deal with lazy bums like me.  #worststratplayer2011-20X6

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.