Author Topic: Help cRPG and get masterworks.  (Read 6985 times)

Offline Fringe

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Blackfist T.T
  • Game nicks: Fringe, Bane, Bane_of_Fringe
Re: Help cRPG and get masterworks.
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2013, 07:29:07 am »
+1
Adding things from other mods is forbidden in most cases. Also your suggestions don't fit requirements. You have not only to suggest what to do, but also how to do and in a detailed way. Suggestions like "fix the mod, add new features and make graphics better" don't count.

A lot of those items in Floris are from independent modders. As long as you give them credit, they'll let you use it for your own needs. I do believe that you'll have to get in contact with some of them though.

Also on other ideas; none of these are game-breaking and aren't intended for the prize, but they are little things that would be nice in cRPG.

Crouching
    • Deployable Pavise shields
    • Adding older 9-10th century armors. It would really make an impact on the diversity of armor sets anyways.
    • (click to show/hide)
Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2013, 09:24:27 am »
There are packs witch are floating in Mount and Blade , the link I gave you is a great sounds pack ,  with insults , warcries , some good textures. And don't tell me that's forbidden to exploit a pack  :P

Offline Korgoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 742
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
  • I've dated girls uglier than you for Breakfast
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Korgoth
  • IRC nick: Korgoth
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2013, 12:06:47 am »
Submitting Isle of Cray as a Beta Siege map

Overview
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Edit: Pics update

Actually looks really good. Nice Teeth.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Korgoth's Retextures
Korgoth's Hierloom Stall

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2013, 03:25:32 am »
+7
I made a one handed Morningstar, its identical to the two hander version but I could change that probably if it's needed.

It's reach is about the same as the Military pick's reach.

(click to show/hide)

Decided to make a one handed flamberge. Handle might need to be adjusted. I think it's just long enough to have about 90 reach or so. I made the blade a bit thicker since I posted screenies for this weapon.

(click to show/hide)

Might make some DTV maps too....ok gottem.

Ruined Castle DTV

This map is manually AI meshes instead of using the auto AI mesh. I'm not even sure if AI mesh is required but I did it anyways do prevent bots from wandering or getting stuck somewhere on their way to the virgin.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Beach Assault

This DTV map is a little more complicated then the normal village map. It is supposed to replicate being besieged. The players cannot exit the castle ( barriers ) and the bots will enter the castle. Players are free to walk the courtyard and the walls. Shooting and slashing bots as they try to go up the siege tower, up the ladders, or through the gates. It is also manually ai meshed, which im still not sure if it matters but atleast they wont get stuck.

( not really a beach more of an island )

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 04:09:06 am by Jarold »

Offline Aaron

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2013, 07:37:31 am »
+2
I unfortently dont have the knowledge on how to create maps, items, weapons, or Armors but if some one could point me in the right direction i could do so, i have a vast imagination and medieval Warfare are somewhat of my passion i.e also Roman, Era. I have lots ideas and would love to bounce them off of you and do what ever i can to keep crpg going. Despite  what some people think of me towards the game i love it, i just have tenancy to rage ha ha so i say outlandish things we all have coping mechanisms for life. Anyways im also only loomed once so im actually low on the gear side and am in need of some serious golds. So that being said if you want me to pm you my opinions and ideas about the future of CRPG let me know as well i should point out, i think you should have a conference call...like on a Teamspeak server with Some of the major clans that are active or want to come back that way its a better way to discuss and debate ideas rather than sending messages after messages and hopefully something gets done. An active discussion is good and what we really need for a first step in MY Opinion maybe thats just me but i think it could go along way. We all want to see thing game grow into something.......AWESOME Kick ass mother%^&*( ya you get what i mean ;) anyways if you like what you hear let me know send me a pm goes for everyone doing this, ESpecially those doing or redoing some armors and weapon etc i would be happy to give me ideas.

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2013, 10:59:20 pm »
+5
Ok so decided to scrap my spiked mace since I didn't like the design. I made a one handed Morningstar, its identical to the two hander version but I could change that probably if it's needed.

It's reach is a tiny bit over a Military pick's reach.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2013, 11:47:11 pm »
1. Male voice pack.
cRPG lacks voice actors, hence there are a lot of voice commands which have no sounds actually. In order to take part just record a couple of different voice commands and upload them somewhere. If people like it, then you'll have to record all of the voice commands and get your prize. You can also ask your friends to record it if they can do it good.
Requirements:
  • Acceptable quality of sound. I don't require professional studio, a good microphone will be enough
  • Charisma. You should sound appropriately to the voice command
  • Language. English of course and better without accent
Prize:
(click to show/hide)

I believe you mean it should be understandable properly (not rubbish). Cause I would not have any problems with an accent if it does add flavour to it.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Alexander_TheGreat_

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
  • Please, its just a Phase in my life
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar(F)union
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2013, 07:21:20 am »
13. Excellent idea
Requirements:
  • Should be a suggestion about pretty much everything in cRPG
  • Should be detailed
  • Should be well fitting current cRPG
Prize:
(click to show/hide)

Nerf HX
Nerf HA
Nerf Polearm
Nerf 1h
Nerf Archers
Nerf Xbow
Nerf Shielders
Nerf Hoplites
Nerf Cav
Nerf 1h Cav

BUFF 2h <3 <3 <3  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now gief me my 300 k bitch..KUKU JTOBTA? :D
I never join a clan twice, I am the most loyal player ever
I am asian I am strong
I am a Kalmar for these 2 weeks
I am cute, I am sexy
I am Phase!

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2013, 09:19:25 am »
I will keep trying to do something helpful for this mod to make it a better thing to play.

quit the stacking

:P  :lol:

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2013, 07:49:46 am »
*cough*

Offline Algarn

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2013, 12:40:21 pm »
Ok so decided to scrap my spiked mace since I didn't like the design. I made a one handed Morningstar, its identical to the two hander version but I could change that probably if it's needed.

It's reach is a tiny bit over a Military pick's reach.

(click to show/hide)

Would be cool to have new weaps as this ... and armors with colors (there is a thread, but I don't know where  :?: )

EDIT : I found the link  :)

http://forum.meleegaming.com/suggestions-corner/colored-armors/

Offline krakkur

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • i life to slay
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AoW
  • Game nicks: Praefectus_Ballista
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2013, 01:39:17 pm »
+1
reply to nr. 13 about ideas.

Some features that i have been missing are these:

1. A warhorn/battlehorn
* should be assigned to leaders in the clan, trusted and not misused
* a "test" in strategus wars
* used for rallieng the troops

2. Battlemap
* all teammembers should be able to see their team mates, but within a certain range(you are coloured black)
* used in strategus and crpg battles
* fog of war( realistic) you can see the entire map, but not where everybody is located during the time, there is a range limit, around you. Fog of War is sound based, meaning, a battle/person can be located if the person makes a sound, shouts or yells, this person can be spotted on the map as a blip.
* a compass should be implemented on the map.

3. Fatigue
* Stamina should be implemented, the heavier gear and weapoons, the slower u swing and block, a stamina bar should be visible.
* running and than shooting an xbow or bow should be done more realistic, (you have to catch a breath before you shoot) moves up and down like in real life, when u have run a few meters and stops to take aim( example: Operation Flashpoint)

4. Nobilities
* hostages, thought it would be interested to be able to take some hostages
* before you kill them all, like say there are 5-10 enemies left, the can be asked to surrender, of course if the opposing force is 15 strong, there has to be a barrier.
* the will be taken aside, and can not fight in the next match, but will be placed "under arrest" a hostage camp, if u can say that.
* if the team wins again, the round ends. And the sum of gold to pay for the hostages is shared amongst the winning team.

these are some of the ideas i have come up with.

Offline Algarn

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2013, 01:59:14 pm »
reply to nr. 13 about ideas.

Some features that i have been missing are these:

1. A warhorn/battlehorn
* should be assigned to leaders in the clan, trusted and not misused
* a "test" in strategus wars
* used for rallieng the troops

2. Battlemap
* all teammembers should be able to see their team mates, but within a certain range(you are coloured black)
* fog of war( realistic) you can see the entire map, but not where everybody is located during the time, there is a range limit, around you. Fog of War is sound based, meaning, a battle/person can be located if the person makes a sound, shouts or yells, this person can be spotted on the map as a blip.

3. Fatigue
* Stamina should be implemented, the heavier gear and weapoons, the slower u swing and block, a stamina bar should be visible.
* running and than shooting an xbow or bow should be done more realistic, (you have to catch a breath before you shoot) moves up and down like in real life, when u have run a few meters and stops to take aim( example: Operation Flashpoint)

4. Nobilities
* hostages, thought it would be interested to be able to take some hostages
* before you kill them all, like say there are 5-10 enemies left, the can be asked to surrender, of course if the opposing force is 15 strong, there has to be a barrier.
* the will be taken aside, and can not fight in the next match, but will be placed "under arrest" a hostage camp, if u can say that.
* if the team wins again, the round ends. And the sum of gold to pay for the hostages is shared amongst the winning team.

these are some of the ideas i have come up with.

Only way is +1

EDIT : I made a suggestion for siege at suggestion's corner  :twisted:

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2013, 02:39:19 pm »
2. Battlemap

I didn't like introducing even better coordination tools to the player. This is supposed to be medieval warfare, where happens sudden decreases of morale because of an unspotted cavalry charge. An unexpected cavalry attack to a siege camp during a nightime, will result of the routing of thousands accomplished with no more than hundred men. Due to lack of communication, the ones in the siege camp might think one of the hostile alliances have come to the aid of defenders finally (Siege of Malta, 1565).

We don't even have a morale system, everyone acts like a brave hero because they have endless lives and don't feel any pain when their characters gets hurt. There is no cowardice or bravery in M&B, everyone simply fights. We already have teamspeak which is technically a perfect version of a radiotelephone. The things should be chaotic enough to make it feel like battle. Even a commander should be seeing it only from his point of view, or it will be simply an easymode if you can see the things on a battle map.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 02:43:57 pm by Ronin »
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2013, 02:48:50 pm »
i'm not really sure what it is you want recorded dave, and in what sort of voice? should i do it my regional yorkshire accent or a proper english accent, or what

I'd rather not listen to Corsairs extremely thick accent when I press a voice command  :lol:
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.