Author Topic: The war in NA current situation-Hospitaller  (Read 6800 times)

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
The war in NA current situation-Hospitaller
« on: April 08, 2013, 11:08:42 pm »
+7
Might as well post this and risk peppos rage......ignore me, refuse to hire me, listen to me-im just trying to give some advise.
Hospitaller-lets think about your situation for a second.
1.You are losing-theres no arguing here, the war is at your doorstep, you are losing fiefs, you took 3 HUGE defeats within the last few days(there were more losses but 3 of them stood out)
2.You are losing valid mercs. I say valid as in NA  mercs. The last few battles you have struggled to find people even including the EU players. Your rosters are always 5-7 people lower and half of them are EU now.
3.Your tactics are clearly not working. I have played for both FCC and Hospitaller now and I have to say there is a huge differential. Theres alot more red on one side and its not FCC.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Now. I truly believe that you are not a specifically weak faction but i do believe there have been some errors that have cost you greatly. To list a few.
1.Inadequate gear-Your supposedly"good" armies lack simple things like bolts or enough construction sites. This isnt because you cant afford them but because you DONT pay attention.
2.Trading routes-If you look on the strat map, FCC has a large area where they can trade. Hospitaller does not have massive trading routes. Now you can say that the majority of NA is at war with you blahblahblah, but why did you not look at EU? WHY do you not have any allies in EU(its not hard to make them) that you can do massive trading runs with?
3.Battle tactics-The last few battles ive been in have been rather poor tactics wise. Im not singling an induvidual out, but there has to be something done. In a battle which you had the advantage gear wise, FCC was able  to turn around and wipe you out with 500-600 men left on the attacker side.

Personally I think that strat pays less attention to induvidual skill and more to flexible and intelligent formations(given equal gear and not including marksmanship and 1v1 melee ect.) Then, why would you guys be losing battles so drastically? Even 5 men down and with EU ping, you should still be getting green
but
every
single
battle
in
the
last
few
days
has
looked
this

I think the problem lies in your ability to organize men. Both FCC and Hospitaller have similar tactics, at least according to what kesh/peppo says in ts. The difference is in efficiency. When the FCC leader says "stop shield wall, hold, and now charge" It is a fluid and efficient movement. Hospitaller is different. Ive recently changed to a range class and this has allowed me to see things I previously only experienced. Before I would wonder why during a hospitaller fight I would 1.Arrive with the men 2.engage and form up and 3.get backslashed because everyone near me was dead. Now I realize that its because of the time it takes for you guys to form up. Basically, by the time your line fully engages the enemy, 1/3 of them is dead because it took so long to form up.
Im not going to suggest tactics or anything unless asked, but simply tell you that there is ABSOLUTELY NO reason why you should be getting destroyed so badly in fights.

take this with a grain of salt from a person who has fought in a number of battles which resulted in the same thing. I want you to do well because without these great strat battles I cant gen in 11-15 days.

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
Re: The war in NA current situation-Hospitaller
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 11:24:31 pm »
+12
I'm pretty sure they're mainly just tired of strat.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 11:50:13 pm »
+1
We still have people doing the strat overview part of the game, but we just don't have enough people playing cRPG and not enough people who can run the battles when we have them.   We used to have quite a few battlefield commanders, but lately (in the battles I've been in) I've been having to half ass call where people need to be, and what they need to do.

Only reason I'm still around is because I'm addicted to cRPG
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Krosis

• Count
  • Renown: 166
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 12:05:29 am »
+1
I'm pretty sure they're mainly just tired of strat.

This is pretty much it, the morale is somewhat low because most of the "veterans" in Hospitaller just don't care about it anymore.. I'm even willing to say the leaders are somewhat there as well. They try their best to get everyone organized.. but Peppo and Dev have things they have to take care outside of the game, and the problem imo is they try to control everything without not really being that invested into the game. I don't agree with a lot of what you said though Zaren, the trading was never an issue with Hospitaller, they have trading partners. The problem was when they either took too long to get the goods, or Hospitaller was getting attacked so they had to wait for a secure passage for a caravan. They're also not as rich as you think(in fact perhaps the opposite).. so you can't really assume they can afford the type of gear FCC has. The number of active players is not as high as everyone makes it out to be either, in fact most of their active players today are somewhat newer recruits and The Propaganda Machine really hurt them, especially when only certain posters can post here.

Now I was in the clan for quite some time, and I know when things don't go well.. you will hear the frustration and a lot of the times the mercs don't appreciate idk.. some sort of remark like, "SOME idiots just WON'T listen!" most of the times they were directed a certain mercs, but you can't really single anyone out or they won't merc for you, generalizing hurt them too but I guess Peppo just doesn't care about that. At the end of the day mercs just want decent gear, somewhat of an organized team effort, and tons of XP, a chance to win.. and maybe get paid if they do good. Clearly Hospitaller hasn't been the best for these things.. at least recently (from what I can see).

I haven't played in the past 2 and a half weeks or so, but these battles haven't been very fair at all. I mean who really enjoys these easy battles besides Kesh and crew? If you want more even battles, help them out.. I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 12:18:29 am »
+8
From my side of the shield wall I see some odd things happening. The biggest I guess is a lack of urgency. The clock as attackers is the biggest issue. We sit in our wall and do the same thing basically. Toss out the stakes. Build the tower and wait. Just seems like a long time for even that first big push, and then each subsequent push.

Now the long intervals are fine if you think you have a strong chance of capping flags and I understand that as a tactic. However, if you are just trying to whittle the army down some for a follow up attack you need to get moving.

As for leading an army I also feel your pain. I have been tasked for the roll now and then and honestly it sucks balls. Half your time is spent telling one person or another to get their asses back in line and listen to orders. The worst part is when they charge out kill 4 people and say SEE!!! leave me alone I am doing great... but what they fail to realize is the 4 people that trickle after them (to help or emulate) all get killed reducing the 4-1 to a 4-4 and gaining us no advantage. Add to that it divides commanders attention from leading a fluid battle to telling the kids with ADD to hold still for 45 seconds.
Leader of BS

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 12:18:56 am »
+1
I don't agree with a lot of what you said though Zaren, the trading was never an issue with Hospitaller, they have trading partners. The problem was when they either took too long to get the goods, or Hospitaller was getting attacked so they had to wait for a secure passage for a caravan. They're also not as rich as you think(in fact perhaps the opposite).. so you can't really assume they can afford the type of gear FCC has.
I didnt mean to say they were rich but what i meant to say is that there is no excuse for a faction of their size to not have viable and safe trade routes. I didnt mean that their gear was bad, in fact I believe it to be more than adequate. I meant that they were forgetting stupid things like bolts(they are cheap in comparison to other goods)

As you said, "they took too long to get the goods" thats is what im talking about. Thats a mistake that is costly similar to their failure to gear 1500 troops with more than scrap armor and poor weaponry in  a siege defense a few battles ago which is something peppo even said was, "stupid."

I do agree these battles havent been fair BUT the entire point of my first post was to say that THERE IS NO REASON WHY THEY CANT BE FAIR. Hospitaller should  A.put people in charge who care(if its true that their leaders dont give a fk and are tired of it-see arys post) and B. Take more time to assure the little things are correct.

Offline Krosis

• Count
  • Renown: 166
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 12:54:10 am »
+1
I didnt mean to say they were rich but what i meant to say is that there is no excuse for a faction of their size to not have viable and safe trade routes. I didnt mean that their gear was bad, in fact I believe it to be more than adequate. I meant that they were forgetting stupid things like bolts(they are cheap in comparison to other goods)

As you said, "they took too long to get the goods" thats is what im talking about. Thats a mistake that is costly similar to their failure to gear 1500 troops with more than scrap armor and poor weaponry in  a siege defense a few battles ago which is something peppo even said was, "stupid."

I do agree these battles havent been fair BUT the entire point of my first post was to say that THERE IS NO REASON WHY THEY CANT BE FAIR. Hospitaller should  A.put people in charge who care(if its true that their leaders dont give a fk and are tired of it-see arys post) and B. Take more time to assure the little things are correct.

How big do you really think they are? At this point there's not that many active members, when you get to see Peppo march out with an army and Devestator.. who own a castle and a town, then you kind of have to think they didn't have anyone reliable in there to take out an army. Peppo had Tulbuk Castle and Tulbuk almost all of strat now. Guntram just got Dusturil because I'm assuming it's previous owner wasn't active enough(he used to own dashbigha btw). sJimmy used to own Tash Kulun, he now owns Distar. Sungetche owner Aderyn had to go down for Dashbigha on the attack, I'm assuming Devilize finally got active-ish. See where I'm going with this? Hospitaller doesn't have that many active members in strat, how hard is that too understand :P. The fiefs are given to people who are actually active, that's why you don't see Goretooth with one, Spaniard, Suuper, Warne, Frogger, etc.

The reason they're not fair at the moment is from what I just said above, and the mercs aren't signing up for them.. there's just no way they can match up. Also losing HP mercs was a huge blow, you no longer see Rohypnol's crazy scores on their side, which helped a ton.

Offline SHinOCk

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 58
  • Is that all you've got!?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 1%
  • Game nicks: Occitan_SHinOCk, Occitan_Baz, Derp_In_A_Can, Disease_Infested_Cum_Bucket, The_Long_Dick_Of_The_Law
  • IRC nick: SHinOCk
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 01:30:44 am »
+4
I didn't take time to read the whole post but i will take one second to say what i think regardless.

The main problem Hospitallers has is the lack of mercs and plain old boredom. They have to recruit a ton of EU and even though a bunch of them are really good, it still sucks because of their ping but hey what can hosp do, 90% of the good mercs will sign up for FCC because they either hate Hospitallers holding some old grudges or just because they wanna be on the easy/winning side which is also understandable to an extent (I'm saying easy because lets face it, being on the side that gets rolled is very VERY painful after a few battles)

Use whatever tactics you wanna use, if the other side has vastly superior mercs, no amount of tactics beside capping the flags will save you from a sea of red
While you burn at the stake, i dance with the flames

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 01:32:16 am »
+2
How big do you really think they are? At this point there's not that many active members, when you get to see Peppo march out with an army and Devestator.. who own a castle and a town, then you kind of have to think they didn't have anyone reliable in there to take out an army. Peppo had Tulbuk Castle and Tulbuk almost all of strat now. Guntram just got Dusturil because I'm assuming it's previous owner wasn't active enough(he used to own dashbigha btw). sJimmy used to own Tash Kulun, he now owns Distar. Sungetche owner Aderyn had to go down for Dashbigha on the attack, I'm assuming Devilize finally got active-ish. See where I'm going with this? Hospitaller doesn't have that many active members in strat, how hard is that too understand :P. The fiefs are given to people who are actually active, that's why you don't see Goretooth with one, Spaniard, Suuper, Warne, Frogger, etc.

The reason they're not fair at the moment is from what I just said above, and the mercs aren't signing up for them.. there's just no way they can match up. Also losing HP mercs was a huge blow, you no longer see Rohypnol's crazy scores on their side, which helped a ton.
Think about it this way Krosis. I BY MYSELF was able to raise 250k strat gold in about 1 and 1/2 weeks.....hospitaller id judge has 5 very active and another 10 or so fairly active. that should be enough. Also, FCC doesnt make up their entire roster. Neither do i expect Hospitaller to. But FCC never needs mercs and hospitaller always seems to be needing um

BTW not having as many people doesnt mean that they cant have trade routes. AND---this is important------AND the loss of Rohy and company is entirely imo Peppos fault. If you werent there the conversation went like this
Rohy-Id be able to do better if the gear wasnt shit(FACT-half of it was -something)
Peppo-If you dont like the gear then DONT FUCKING FIGHT FOR US
Rohy-Fine Then I wont Jesus
Peppo-We dont need you

yea.......

EDIT-I dont know about you but ive never seen a clan make up more than 10-15/51 in a battle. Hospi can at least get 10......therefore their aparent "tiny size" is irrelevant.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 01:39:38 am by blacktiger28 »

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 01:33:41 am »
+5
Think about it this way Krosis. I BY MYSELF was able to raise 250k strat gold in about 1 and 1/2 weeks.....hospitaller id judge has 5 very active and another 10 or so fairly active. that should be enough. Also, FCC doesnt make up their entire roster. Neither do i expect Hospitaller to. But FCC never needs mercs and hospitaller always seems to be needing um

well maybe if hospitaller had anyone as likeable as kesh to attract mercs they would get more applicants!

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 01:36:08 am »
+3
well maybe if hospitaller had anyone as likeable as kesh to attract mercs they would get more applicants!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

(click to show/hide)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 01:37:14 am »

FCC pays, Hosp doesn't.
If I fight for a faction and will get shit xp, I want gold for it otherwise. Which is why, though I grumble, I don't mind either VE or LCO.(BTW YOU BASTARDS SHOULD AT LEAST PAY 100g to me!)

Offline DUKE DICKBUTT

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 01:37:44 am »
+2
As polarizing as Kesh is, it sounds like Hospitallers are just downright unlikeable.

Offline SHinOCk

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 58
  • Is that all you've got!?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 1%
  • Game nicks: Occitan_SHinOCk, Occitan_Baz, Derp_In_A_Can, Disease_Infested_Cum_Bucket, The_Long_Dick_Of_The_Law
  • IRC nick: SHinOCk
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 01:44:42 am »
+5
FCC pays, Hosp doesn't.
If I fight for a faction and will get shit xp, I want gold for it otherwise. Which is why, though I grumble, I don't mind either VE or LCO.(BTW YOU BASTARDS SHOULD AT LEAST PAY 100g to me!)

Anders, ill be honest with you, i know you're a merc and all but the fact you keep asking for money is a reason why i don't necessarily pay or even recruit you, combined with the fact that if you ask for pay, you better put up the KD/R that comes with the job.
While you burn at the stake, i dance with the flames

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 01:47:30 am »
you better put up the KD/R that comes with the job.

cough cough anders 4 or 5 archery tks....cough cough