Author Topic: The war in NA current situation-Hospitaller  (Read 6835 times)

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
Re: The war in NA current situation-Hospitaller
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2013, 06:55:58 am »
+3
That whopping 10 body armor (and a whole 1 leg! 44-54 body and 19-20 leg) difference between Mamluk and Yawshawn is a pretty big step, yes, lol- but they're both already on the heavy end even without looms or gloves + gloves looms. If you add Lordly to that value, and gloves... They're both heavy armor sets in terms of the protection afforded, which allows for more mistakes to be made.

I think the biggest issue is that the highest difficulty on armor is 16. That needs to change IMO. The heaviest stuff should take at least as much STR as the Great Maul, and probably even more for the sake of balance, though Strategus balance in particular. If the heaviest armor sets took 24+ STR we might see less of it in strat, and we'd be able to identify high priority/high damage-potential targets more efficiently (though the clever STR builds would just wear lighter gear). If the requirements went up, less people would be able to play dress up in roleplay in anything they want, but then why have requirements for armor AT ALL?

Don't worry mala, I'll be sure to keep +3 light armours even if you're literally the only person that uses them.

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2013, 04:27:58 pm »
+2
That whopping 10 body armor (and a whole 1 leg! 44-54 body and 19-20 leg) difference between Mamluk and Yawshawn is a pretty big step, yes, lol- but they're both already on the heavy end even without looms or gloves + gloves looms. If you add Lordly to that value, and gloves... They're both heavy armor sets in terms of the protection afforded, which allows for more mistakes to be made.

I think the biggest issue is that the highest difficulty on armor is 16. That needs to change IMO. The heaviest stuff should take at least as much STR as the Great Maul, and probably even more for the sake of balance, though Strategus balance in particular. If the heaviest armor sets took 24+ STR we might see less of it in strat, and we'd be able to identify high priority/high damage-potential targets more efficiently (though the clever STR builds would just wear lighter gear). If the requirements went up, less people would be able to play dress up in roleplay in anything they want, but then why have requirements for armor AT ALL?

all my armies include about 1/3rd cav robes. You are welcome to use them....

Since you just attacked Saxton on his way home to a heroes welcome. we will see how much of what you say is just talk. I am sure all the Chaos armies will be wearing lammo and earning those kills with skills not crutches for this war :)
Leader of BS

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2013, 08:46:52 am »

Since you just attacked Saxton on his way home to a heroes welcome. we will see how much of what you say is just talk. I am sure all the Chaos armies will be wearing lammo and earning those kills with skills not crutches for this war :)

Said like a man praying for a real fight!
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2013, 12:13:35 pm »
+1

Not all armies, most likely. I can't control how other armies in the faction are outfitted directly, but I can control how mine is, and I have roughly a third representation of below 40 body armor sets (gloves + chest), the lowest being 28 body armor total. I also can't control how my mercs choose to outfit themselves on the field beyond requests, but I can limit the amount of heavier stuff in my force in the hopes that people spawn with a variety at the offset instead of just the gear with the most protection. In any case you can bet that I'll be wearing that, because I don't feel that relegating the use of the the lightest equipment merely until the end of the fight or ranged units is a good way to play. If that's how it is, you may as well not use lighter stuff at all, which is the growing trend unfortunately.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2013, 01:34:32 pm »
Not all armies, most likely. I can't control how other armies in the faction are outfitted directly, but I can control how mine is, and I have roughly a third representation of below 40 body armor sets (gloves + chest), the lowest being 28 body armor total. I also can't control how my mercs choose to outfit themselves on the field beyond requests, but I can limit the amount of heavier stuff in my force in the hopes that people spawn with a variety at the offset instead of just the gear with the most protection. In any case you can bet that I'll be wearing that, because I don't feel that relegating the use of the the lightest equipment merely until the end of the fight or ranged units is a good way to play. If that's how it is, you may as well not use lighter stuff at all, which is the growing trend unfortunately.

Lol.  So basically your army is like everyone else's, you just have leather gloves instead of mail mittens for your ranged armor.  Now gmnotutuo actually is more than just self-righteous talk with no real backing, he actually follows through with what he says - all his armor was under 40 total.  Also the guy you attacked had all under 40 body armor.  For all your talk  it really shouldnt be hard to follow up, armor is cheap.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 01:49:51 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 15, 2013, 01:53:34 pm »
+1
You can blame me for our gear.

I equip most of the large troops you see. So if you want to blame anyone you are looking at him.
Leader of BS

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2013, 05:10:26 pm »
+4
Pretty clear we do not follow the same example. In fact the only person who does is Tutu. If u would like to battle him I have heard he fights to the death so be careful what u get yourself into. We tend to appease him... Kesh has a soft spot in his heart (hard spot in his pants) for men in silk pajamas.

Unfortunately your crew attacked a bunch of underhanded, no good armor crutching, rule bending, account sharing, try hards, who were evil enough to accept Fallen guys into the faction.

The council gathers. They summon the spirit of Saxton and his warriors too thank them for the sacrifice. The Terrortops will give them a honored place till the rebirth. We will send you servants in green to serve you in the afterlife. We will have to find Witchcraft the Shaman to cast the bones.

Men of Chaos do you hear the drums. We march. The Terror Rises.
Leader of BS

Offline Mechanix

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • lolwut
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mechanix
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2013, 06:13:18 pm »
+2
If I could manage to muster any sort of interest in this game, I would fight for the Hosps.
But as the world turned i learned life was hell; livin' in a world no different from a cell - WuTang