Author Topic: The war in NA current situation-Hospitaller  (Read 6845 times)

Offline Peppovitch

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Peppovitch
Re: The war in NA current situation-Hospitaller
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2013, 12:05:10 am »
+24
There's no reason to rage towards your post Zaren, because you are right in many ways. It is true that Hosp has suffered at times from my lack of leadership. Especially in recent days.  I know that I am not the best commander or tactician, but I always did my best to make the game fun for our guys.  Hosp members are here to have a good time and share the enjoyment of a hobby with others.  If there was a burning desire to be the best they would have opted for a different leader, or joined another clan. 

I am grateful for the friends that I have made in Hosp over the years and appreciate that they have stuck with me through the good and bad. The truth is that we are burnt out, tired of the unfixed bugs, glitches, drama, and grudges.  It was always our goal to be a meaningful part of the community and help facilitate the fun by engaging in strat.  That desire has diminished a great deal due to the current state of the game, the apathetic attitude of the devs, and a number of other reasons.

For the remainder of this strat at least, we will fight to the bitter end with the members who are still interested in playing.  For the future,  Hospitaller is looking for another game to enjoy as we know that it's the camaraderie of the clan that matters, not this broken game.

A big thank you to those mercs who have been ceaselessly fighting for us even through the bad battles.  You guys are a big help to us and we do appreciate it.  Even though it may not seem that way on the occasions that I lose my cool.  :wink:

Offline DUKE DICKBUTT

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2013, 05:57:26 am »
I was on hospitaller's side for this battle and can say that it wasn't done on purpose. I think a big part of it was due to their inventory being overfilled that once they finally cleared out the shit to get to build equipment they did it very quickly and didn't even think about the whole flag thing. I also didn't see anything in chat about it being addressed multiple times, but then again I don't really look at chat too often.

Who cares if it was done on purpose?  Like everyone is saying in the other thread, here is a more appropriate example:  If you drunk drive and kill someone, you still killed someone, even if you didn't mean to.  There are rules in place for a reason.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2013, 06:39:32 am »
+5
You may all carry on with your petty wars. Do as you wish from what little time you have left, for there is a storm coming. The events that will take place, none of you can even begin to fathom or comprehend. It will be a tidal wave of death and destruction. Your armies will drown in their own endless sea's of blood.  It will wash over you like a swarm of locust. There is nothing you can do to stop it. The "Remnants" of something once great and fearsome will rise from the dust and the ashes. There is no hope for you or your children, or your children's, childrens, of the great and vast land of Calradia. Nothing can stop the apocalypse that will be brought down upon your feeble heads. The only thing you can do is pray to whatever god or gods you believe in, and hope that you will have some form of mercy, whether it be in this life or the next. Prepare yourselves.

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2013, 08:32:29 am »
I was talking about the Russian Red Tide of Druzina coming to whipe us out like last strat.
bring on the xp

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2013, 08:57:49 am »
+1
You may all carry on with your petty wars. Do as you wish from what little time you have left, for there is a storm coming. The events that will take place, none of you can even begin to fathom or comprehend. It will be a tidal wave of death and destruction. Your armies will drown in their own endless sea's of blood.  It will wash over you like a swarm of locust. There is nothing you can do to stop it. The "Remnants" of something once great and fearsome will rise from the dust and the ashes. There is no hope for you or your children, or your children's, childrens, of the great and vast land of Calradia. Nothing can stop the apocalypse that will be brought down upon your feeble heads. The only thing you can do is pray to whatever god or gods you believe in, and hope that you will have some form of mercy, whether it be in this life or the next. Prepare yourselves.

(click to show/hide)

This post gave me a boner thinking about an all or nothing battle between NA and EU. It's fun to imagine the NA dream team of 51 currently active players that would play against EU. It's a shame the competitive scene in this game is basically non-existent in NA. Strat just doesn't feel competitive. Battle doesn't feel competitive. Hopefully this new Ravens server can get some scrimmages and shit going and we can pit clan versus clan in small matches of skilled players, not just 6 clan members and 45 random ass mercenaries like in Strat battles.

Offline DUKE DICKBUTT

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2013, 10:14:10 am »
+1
I would love to defend a castle for once...

Perhaps I can count the times I've done it on two hands.

Defended Rindyar once against Occitan.
Defended Malayurg against Hospitallers.
Defended Slezkh against Lost Legion.
Defended Sungetchze against Hospitallers a few times.
Defended Caraf from Semen Storm/Hero party.

Oh and I defended Shariz and Durquba once, but those are towns.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2013, 10:34:47 am »
I would love to defend a castle for once...

Perhaps I can count the times I've done it on two hands.

Defended Rindyar once against Occitan.
Defended Malayurg against Hospitallers.
Defended Slezkh against Lost Legion.
Defended Sungetchze against Hospitallers a few times.
Defended Caraf from Semen Storm/Hero party.

Oh and I defended Shariz and Durquba once, but those are towns.

i doubt there will be any castle/town sieges at all till catapults and siege towers get fixed... if ever.

Offline Abay

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Steam: badbreaking
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapikulu
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Abay
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2013, 11:11:42 am »
spring effect maybe  :rolleyes:
[17:48] <Vovka> thx chadz

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2013, 01:20:12 pm »
+1
This post gave me a boner thinking about an all or nothing battle between NA and EU. It's fun to imagine the NA dream team of 51 currently active players that would play against EU. It's a shame the competitive scene in this game is basically non-existent in NA. Strat just doesn't feel competitive. Battle doesn't feel competitive. Hopefully this new Ravens server can get some scrimmages and shit going and we can pit clan versus clan in small matches of skilled players, not just 6 clan members and 45 random ass mercenaries like in Strat battles.

Idk if you were here for last strat when they did actually wipe us lol. But the big swinging dicks of the Carebear Alliances of Chaos, HoC, and LLJK ( 3 original clans of the Green Alliance, and later on clans like MB and TkoV joined in.) had a bunch of epic battle before being wiped. But the three leaders were essentially me, Canary, and Smoothrich. Were were rolling over almost everyone in NA and then came the war with Hosp. That is probably my favorite war of any strat. There wasnt really any drama or clan to clan grudges or anything like that. Just great diplomacy, good communication, and some epic battles. (that i know of) It was so back and forth and so epic. But eventually we pushed Hosp back into their steppe homelands.

As seen here in this image I took almost 3 hours to make in Adobe Illustrator, MS Paint pro, and flash. Showed the final resolution for Hosp.
(click to show/hide)

But then things fell apart when SpergRich collapsed LLJK from the inside out. We were all just about to move in our armies to when that happened. Shorty after Druzina came along and started shit stomping everyone and everything in its path. We were simply just outmanned and out gunned. But we made some epic final stands.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2013, 01:37:14 pm »
this looks alot like before the war started.
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2013, 02:42:44 pm »
+3
Speaking objectively, Id say that the main problem is the inexperience of Hosp commanders.

This is the battle I fought in recently. http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battleroster&id=3198

The gear provided was more than adequate, the roster seemed solid enough to me; I never felt particularly overwhelmed by the opposing team, even with a few EU players like me.

I really have no ties to any NA clan so I shouldnt care which side won, but I found myself extremely frustrated with the orders given to me. First and foremost, we spent half the battle attacking up a steep hill when we were the defending side. Our spawn was behind a slight rise, so we had a perfect position to hold behind the crest of the hill and wait for the attackers to attack. This really annoyed me, as the battle came close to the timer running down and the Hosp would have won the battle if they hadnt been wasting troops for 30-40 mins.

There were a few other things that I wouldnt care to mention, but they all can be attributed to inexperience of leadership, in my opinion.
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2013, 02:58:28 pm »
Idk if you were here for last strat when they did actually wipe us lol. But the big swinging dicks of the Carebear Alliances of Chaos, HoC, and LLJK ( 3 original clans of the Green Alliance, and later on clans like MB and TkoV joined in.) had a bunch of epic battle before being wiped. But the three leaders were essentially me, Canary, and Smoothrich. Were were rolling over almost everyone in NA and then came the war with Hosp. That is probably my favorite war of any strat. There wasnt really any drama or clan to clan grudges or anything like that. Just great diplomacy, good communication, and some epic battles. (that i know of) It was so back and forth and so epic. But eventually we pushed Hosp back into their steppe homelands.

As seen here in this image I took almost 3 hours to make in Adobe Illustrator, MS Paint pro, and flash. Showed the final resolution for Hosp.
(click to show/hide)

But then things fell apart when SpergRich collapsed LLJK from the inside out. We were all just about to move in our armies to when that happened. Shorty after Druzina came along and started shit stomping everyone and everything in its path. We were simply just outmanned and out gunned. But we made some epic final stands.

(click to show/hide)

I think if the game hadnt bored almost all of us to death with all the crafting and incredibly slow trade running, FCC would have joined the green tide - I don't know if we would have been beating the DRZ like Fallen, HRE, and us did to them and their allies in Strat 2, but it would have been fun to have all our horsemen and archers helping out in those fights and of course our glorious general Huey Newton to command the battles (charge head-on from behind).
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2013, 05:12:55 pm »
I think if the game hadnt bored almost all of us to death with all the crafting and incredibly slow trade running, FCC would have joined the green tide - I don't know if we would have been beating the DRZ like Fallen, HRE, and us did to them and their allies in Strat 2, but it would have been fun to have all our horsemen and archers helping out in those fights and of course our glorious general Huey Newton to command the battles (charge head-on from behind).

Huey was in all of those battles. He kept playing when the rest of you went to star wars.

Offline Rhalzo

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2013, 05:13:45 pm »
our glorious general Huey Newton to command the battles (charge head-on from behind).

Huey was in all of those battles. He kept playing when the rest of you went to star wars.

Huey also took a village or two from what I remember. Then he let them get taken again and that's the extent of what I remember Huey doing last Strat.

Rhalzo's already in Chaos' cooler older brother clan, he's fine riding his motorcycle around in a leather jacket smoking cigarettes with GIRLS, our little treehouse isn't his speed anymore.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2013, 05:25:43 pm »
Huey also took a village or two from what I remember. Then he let them get taken again and that's the extent of what I remember Huey doing last Strat.

I know FCC yoloed into ATS only fief right before they left for star wars. I think it may have been led by Huey but I am not sure if he was the first (failed) or second wave.