Author Topic: Flying Terrain game mode?  (Read 390 times)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
Flying Terrain game mode?
« on: April 03, 2013, 08:55:53 am »
+5
You know how catapults have been glitching in strategus lately? They randomly pull pieces of the buildings (or entire buildings) across the map, with their physics still in effect. What if there was a server where this happened on purpose? It's a lot of fun watching a group of players get hurtled on a floating piece of castle wall across the map, or to have a village building suddenly run away from the town it's in. I would love to see a goof-off game mode (only 1x multi at all times???) where this happens at random, all the time, every round.

Would you play on a server with FLYING BUILDINGS?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
Re: Flying Terrain game mode?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 09:15:53 am »
+1
I'd fucking love it.

When I randomly made a catapult in siege and spawned a building i was like wut.. then someone made a catapult elsewhere... that was so awesome flying across and.. through the map.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 04:05:19 pm »
I'm kind of surprised people haven't been using these glitches to try and take castles/cities in strategus.  If you have a chance of randomly pulling a wall off the castle, wouldn't that be a great advantage to taking the castle?  Or if you can "fly" over the castle and essentially have a flying carpet, wouldn't that be a huge advantage?
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 04:07:50 pm »
I think I would rather see a server with flying carpets and firball sticks.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 04:27:02 pm »
I would love this, although duel servers are kinda already like that (In the sense of freedom).

Create a separate Duel server (Non strat server)  That allows all items.

(only 1x multi at all times???)

I'm not so sure about this one.  I mean, at least in duel you are learning how to fight (For the most part)
I think maybe a 1x multiplier with a longer tick would be fine.
I could care less either way, but its my opinion.

PS: Although I like this idea, since this is a bug.  They probably don't want a server dedicated to people fucking around with it, cause then more people will know how to do it, thus, increasing the susceptibility to grieving.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 05:21:52 pm »
+3
This would be the beginning of naval battles.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline DUKE DICKBUTT

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 11:21:48 am »
I'm kind of surprised people haven't been using these glitches to try and take castles/cities in strategus.  If you have a chance of randomly pulling a wall off the castle, wouldn't that be a great advantage to taking the castle?  Or if you can "fly" over the castle and essentially have a flying carpet, wouldn't that be a huge advantage?

Mostly because there is no guarantee it will work the way you want it to.  In the EU fight, it removed a big section of the big side wall.  Troops could not go in or out from that area, and attackers could shoot through the area but defenders could not.  Attackers were able to utilize the bug to ladder to the floating wall section, and then ladder from that into the castle.  The bug was reasonably successful in terms of giving the attackers an advantage.  In the Shariz fight, a small inconsequential stair way was floating or teleporting, but it was too small to be of any use to attackers.