Author Topic: FOOTBALL THREAD (the real football not that american crap)  (Read 80387 times)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Re: FOOTBALL THREAD (the real football not that american crap)
« Reply #1035 on: September 03, 2014, 09:18:07 pm »
+1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Chelsea receiving 8.9 million pounds in 2013/14? Load of rubbish. De Bruyne and Mata was 50-60 mill in january, weren't they? They also sold Sturridge and Meireles when that season started as well?
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #1036 on: September 03, 2014, 09:49:19 pm »
But thats why people hate them, they bought their success. No great history like Liverpool, Man U etc, No good youth set up like Arsenal. Just some cunt arab with billions buying all the best players from the world. Thats not football, thats cancer.

must say I'm quite bored of hearing this shit over and over again. all the "tradition" and similar bs that goes over the lips of loser team supporters yet when some money comes in the club everybody forgets that. money buys tradition and that is true for every big club in Europe today no exceptions, only difference is some started pouring money in the club years ago, some just recently, money now spent is bigger and reconstruction of the team doesn't take 5 years anymore but in one or two seasons you are title contenders.

if you are a masochist/hipster/"traditionalist" that only likes loser teams and doesn't have the desire to see them preform at the highest level on the biggest of stages fine, I have nothing against that but pls keep that "no soul modern football" to your local pub QQ or jump in a time machine back when football was played properly by poor harbor workers. yes the players today are sissies, kids in general are, yes the trends in todays game sometimes seem boring, but the lack of money will not help that.

btw. I'm all for salary cap like they have in NBA and max limit on transfers
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: September 03, 2014, 10:09:23 pm »
+1
But thats why people hate them, they bought their success. No great history like Liverpool, Man U etc,

Look at AC Milan, great club, which is shit now, cause without money history means nothing. And everyone's history has to start at some point, why not now?

And please don't star with arab's money, who cares whose money they spend. Also look at the front of the Barcelona's shirts, whose logo you see there? Let's not be hypocrites.

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #1038 on: September 03, 2014, 10:28:15 pm »

Ofc it doesn't take a genius to know that the wealthiest clubs are the most successful, I just don't like it if one guy can just put billions into a team, and basically buy the trophies. It just don't seem right. Don't care if that makes me a masochist/hipster/"traditionalist!

Look at AC Milan, great club, which is shit now, cause without money history means nothing. And everyone's history has to start at some point, why not now?

And please don't star with arab's money, who cares whose money they spend. Also look at the front of the Barcelona's shirts, whose logo you see there? Let's not be hypocrites.

Barcelona are a great club always have been and always will be, they didn't even wear sponsors for years. AC Milan are still a great club, just because they aren't doing so well now but they'll be back.

Anyway, it wouldn't be so bad if all this 'arab' money was invested properly into youth set up etc, instead of just buying the best players in the world. I just really hate that shit, Look at Micah Richards, at city since he was like 13. He had potential but was just replaced by some big money signings and never got a chance. How many youth players have city got in their squad?1? How many English guys? 3? Thats really great for English Football, right?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 10:31:34 pm by zottlmarsch »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1184
  • Infamy: 2994
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: September 04, 2014, 12:16:23 am »
+1

Barca and Real are being financed by the state, money from sponsors is irrelevant. Same goes for City, but state in question isn't England. Chelsea is financed by Roman, their revenue isn't up to it. PSG is French Man City and Monaco is French Chelsea. A. Madrid is known as one of first clubs with strong ties with criminals.

Italian clubs had highest transfers and wages before it was discovered they rigged matches and sold them to bookmakers. That was before the worst criminal scum has polluted the world of football.

Germans always were and still Germans, spend what they earn. Arsenal is the same and a bit of feeder club like Southampton, West Ham, Valencia, Sevilla etc. True heroes of modern football are clubs like Bilbao, rare example of good values.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1678
  • Infamy: 1759
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: September 04, 2014, 02:18:31 am »
He's not that terrible though. If he gets his shit together and stops acting like a fool I can actually see him score his 10+ goals for Wolfsburg this season.

He was actually very talented. Such a shame.. Seems that he passed his "wisdom" on Wilshere.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #1041 on: September 04, 2014, 01:01:14 pm »
+1
So, Eero Markkanen, a finnish player has been taken out to Real Madrid's Champion's League troop. He played in JJK and tought about quitting football because it was such a bad club, and barely getting payed. AIK, a swedish team that I support then bought him, six months later, Zinedine Zidane looked him up and flew to Sweden to see him play, he signed a contract with him so he could join Real Madrids B-Squad, Real Madrid Castilla, and now he's been taken out to Real Madrid's Champion's League troop, playing along Ronaldo, Benzema, Kroos and many more. What a leap!

Offline Elmuri

• Marshall
  • Renown: 817
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elmuri and co
« Reply #1042 on: September 04, 2014, 05:43:54 pm »
So, Eero Markkanen, a finnish player has been taken out to Real Madrid's Champion's League troop. He played in JJK and tought about quitting football because it was such a bad club, and barely getting payed. AIK, a swedish team that I support then bought him, six months later, Zinedine Zidane looked him up and flew to Sweden to see him play, he signed a contract with him so he could join Real Madrids B-Squad, Real Madrid Castilla, and now he's been taken out to Real Madrid's Champion's League troop, playing along Ronaldo, Benzema, Kroos and many more. What a leap!

I doubt he thought about quitting football because it was a bad club, since he was also a supporter of the club, standing in the "ultra" (which is not very ultra in Finland) section before he made it into the first team. Also he would have gotten a better contract from bigger clubs in Finland if AIK hadn't been interested.

But anyway it's a great leap, and I believe he has chances to actually play, if Real have secured their spot in the play-off before the last group rounds.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 2296
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: September 04, 2014, 06:27:56 pm »
+1
British human rights investigators disappear in Qatar, after being followed by plain clothes police

Went to investigate death of workers who are constructing facilities for upcoming World Cup 2022 and bam, missing. Happened in the country that is financing certain English clubs

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #1044 on: September 04, 2014, 07:06:16 pm »
I doubt he thought about quitting football because it was a bad club, since he was also a supporter of the club, standing in the "ultra" (which is not very ultra in Finland) section before he made it into the first team. Also he would have gotten a better contract from bigger clubs in Finland if AIK hadn't been interested.

But anyway it's a great leap, and I believe he has chances to actually play, if Real have secured their spot in the play-off before the last group rounds.

Yeah, well his brother told a newspaper in Finland that Eero had started to drink alot and partying and didn't really give a crap about football but I guess we can't really know since he hasn't really spoken about it himself.

I mean, it's a great sign that he was picked out to the squad, and it would be so funny if he started to play regularly alongside Ronaldo and the others.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1316
  • Infamy: 1558
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1729
  • Infamy: 2077
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: September 06, 2014, 04:00:43 pm »
+1

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 2568
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee