Author Topic: the New tyranny of NA :evil:  (Read 11995 times)

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
Re: the New tyranny of NA :evil:
« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2013, 11:31:03 pm »
I wasn't here when they decided saying the n word was against the rules, but I imagine there were a ton of tears and people swearing the game would lose half it's population and FREE SPEECH
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline betard_lulz

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 167
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 27, 2013, 11:32:15 pm »
I wasn't here when they decided saying the n word was against the rules, but I imagine there were a ton of tears and people swearing the game would lose half it's population and FREE SPEECH
yet it's perfectly ok for black people to call each other niggas but when anyone else does it....O LAWDY LAWD

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #137 on: March 27, 2013, 11:34:37 pm »
+2
Its a competitive game.  Like playing soccer.   You call people bitches, bundle of stickss, stuff like that on actual sports fields all the time because of adrenaline, as a fan or player.

FIFA against discrimination

FIFA recognises its responsibility to lead the way in abolishing all forms of discrimination in football. Article 3 of the FIFA Statutes states:

“Discrimination of any kind against a country, private person or group of people on account of ethnic origin, gender, language, religion, politics or any other reason is strictly prohibited and punishable by suspension or expulsion.”
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Havelle

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 364
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisitan
« Reply #138 on: March 27, 2013, 11:35:34 pm »
Well, I wouldn't call anyone the N word because white guilt. The homosexuals, however, were not enslaved, and we aren't even insulting them. I don't think most people think you are referring to a homosexual when you say "that bundle of sticks"

You yourself are giving all the power to the slur in this case. Do you really think homosexuals are bundle of stickss you bigot?

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 27, 2013, 11:35:55 pm »
+3
Why bother even banning racial slurs, then?  I say let's let this game be free for all if you're only going to barely part way.

This is why American Politics never works at all.  The small minority that no one actually elected into office tends to be ideologues hellbent on oppressing the majority with their intolerable, unpopular, and often wrong opinions and beliefs, instead of practical solutions and compromise for a functioning, democratic society and state.  Funny how in America that is the hardcore right wing Republicans, and in this thread/way of thinking it is the hardcore right wing Chat N@zis who often sound a lot more ignorant then the people they argue with. 

Funny is because I am a die-hard liberal activist for equality, but I'd gladly pass a cRPG ammendment to ban Shik, Badplayer, Partyboy, etc from ever posting about racism/intolerance + outlawing any future Obsecenity Laws in chat that will obviously be abused by admins to ban people they don't like on bullshit evidence while sounding legit (Gestapo tactics.)
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline betard_lulz

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 27, 2013, 11:38:03 pm »
+1

FIFA is a bunch of fairies all their games have been rigged for years.

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 27, 2013, 11:39:21 pm »
Funny is because I am a die-hard liberal activist for equality, but I'd gladly pass a cRPG ammendment to ban Shik, Badplayer, Partyboy, etc from ever posting about racism/intolerance + outlawing any future Obsecenity Laws in chat that will obviously be abused by admins to ban people they don't like on bullshit evidence while sounding legit (Gestapo tactics.)

I was only banning for a specific slur, much like the rules against racism are only for one specific slur.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 27, 2013, 11:39:43 pm »
+7
(click to show/hide)
+1'd so hard, i need a new pair of pants

Even if this PC crap doesn't really reach all the way to my corner of the world yet, it's still worrying and irritating as fuck :/

(click to show/hide)

The day i +1 smoothrich...

What, you had a 180 degree turn in life or something? Where's the "crpg is literally crawling with chocolate chip cookies and homophobes" speech? O_o

Offline betard_lulz

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 27, 2013, 11:42:28 pm »
I was only banning for a specific slur, much like the rules against racism are only for one specific slur.
Didn't you just say all in or none at all?
"Why bother even banning racial slurs, then?  I say let's let this game be free for all if you're only going to barely part way."

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 27, 2013, 11:46:46 pm »
+5

They day i +1 smoothrich...

What, you had a 180 degree turn in life or something? Where's the "crpg is literally crawling with chocolate chip cookies and homophobes" speech? O_o

Haha.  I always said stuff like this in the private admin forum, whenever the topic would come up.  Veering too far into one direction would turn the small, already unpopular cRPG into a "Christian Gaming Server" and completely kill the community.  I'd also vigorously try to get people banned for "trolling" unbanned.  I think most of that shit is stupid, the players and the admins reactions (unless one of them is funny about it) and I think the majority of players here feel the same way, pretty laid back about stuff, can be funny sometimes just in moderation.

I think plenty of people have bad opinions in this community, but the way to deal with that is engage them in public so they have to defend themselves, to serve up proper ridicule and laughs for everyone, and occassional have real conversations about the issues (while punishing the special cases in fair ways, mutes not bans usually, looking at an in game filter).  Conversations are fine, fun, and nice intellectual exercises.  Running an already half-dead game into the ground with a juvenile LOL LETS STOP HATE mentality is just Bad ADminship.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline betard_lulz

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 27, 2013, 11:52:31 pm »
Haha.  I always said stuff like this in the private admin forum, whenever the topic would come up.  Veering too far into one direction would turn the small, already unpopular cRPG into a "Christian Gaming Server" and completely kill the community.  I'd also vigorously try to get people banned for "trolling" unbanned.  I think most of that shit is stupid, the players and the admins reactions (unless one of them is funny about it) and I think the majority of players here feel the same way, pretty laid back about stuff, can be funny sometimes just in moderation.

I think plenty of people have bad opinions in this community, but the way to deal with that is engage them in public so they have to defend themselves, to serve up proper ridicule and laughs for everyone, and occassional have real conversations about the issues (while punishing the special cases in fair ways, mutes not bans usually, looking at an in game filter).  Conversations are fine, fun, and nice intellectual exercises.  Running an already half-dead game into the ground with a juvenile LOL LETS STOP HATE mentality is just Bad ADminship.
I am nominating you for best player_na smooth

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 27, 2013, 11:58:23 pm »
Smooth you remind me of the people on SA who post rage filled goodbye threads because they can't make rape jokes in GBS anymore.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 27, 2013, 11:59:00 pm »
+8
When people use the word "nerd" I feel slightly uneasy. I have an IQ of 148 and have been two years in advance academically for more than ten years now. I have never been able to establish more than a handful of stable friendships until I entered college, jailed by walls made of awkwardness from the outside and fear from the inside. I have been mocked more than I ever could handle at the time and I still sort of fear any interaction with immature people, cause you know they might start hating me for reasons unknown.

So there you go. Please ban "nerd". This word is very offensive. Also ban "genius", that one was often not used in a positive way at all. Also ban all their equivalents in French.

(this is an example but everything is actually true)

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #148 on: March 27, 2013, 11:59:32 pm »
+4
Everyone who has taken time out of their lives to post a response any more length than this one needs to go get a job and some hobbies.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 28, 2013, 12:01:53 am »
+2
Everyone who has taken time out of their lives to post a response any more length than this one needs to go get a job and some hobbies.

I have no job, this is very offensive !

(click to show/hide)